OP 3 / 3T Camera

1. G_Iacopo_Biondi_FqLx
    Donut Apr 19, 2017

G_Iacopo_Biondi_FqLx , Apr 19, 2017 :
    Hi everyone,
    I've switched almost 8 months ago from iPhone 6 to OP3, as I needed a dual SIM. Surprisingly I just love OP3 in all but the camera... it takes a shot roughly 1/౩ of a second after I've shot (you can see you've missed the moment) and 2 out of 3 are blurred/out of focus ... is there a fix? this is so painful when you have kids not to be able to take a good picture that I am thinking to switch to an Honor8 pro which I've tried and camera works great.
    let me know if it's just my phone or if you experience same issue with camera.

2. Raashid_Khan
    Eclair Apr 19, 2017

Raashid_Khan , Apr 19, 2017 :
    u should return back to iphone...iphone is great for camera...but for Everything else u can depend on one plus...btw 3t camera isnt that bad

G_Iacopo_Biondi_FqLx likes this.
  3. N_ Jadhav
    Cupcake Apr 19, 2017

N_ Jadhav , Apr 19, 2017 :
    no, u need to touch the screen once to focus at the object, your blurred photos are a result of not letting the object to be captured, u need to touch the screen as to which object you wanna focus!

4. भारत
    Cupcake Apr 19, 2017

भारत , Apr 19, 2017 :
    Blur issue is resolved by installing new update as given in the features of this update. Just check it

5. Saurav Pillai
    Honeycomb Apr 19, 2017

Saurav Pillai , Apr 19, 2017 :
    OnePlus always had autofocus issues , and capturing moving objects is a challenge even after EIS update on open beta 13 , ur best bet is increasing shutter speed on manual mode but again while switching modes u again lose the moment .

6. dbannist
    Cupcake Apr 19, 2017

dbannist , Apr 19, 2017 :
    It's not just you. There are many threads like this one. I don't know if it's a hardware or software issue. I have started the RMA process myself.

7. G_Iacopo_Biondi_FqLx
    Donut Apr 19, 2017

:) tap, but I actually really like this phone... and I need dual SIM. let's hope OP5 will solve this as even Honor 8 is much better

8. G_Iacopo_Biondi_FqLx
    Donut Apr 19, 2017

done that, but still not a great improvement. let's see if OP5 will solve this. thks

9. Jerryjoy
    Donut Apr 19, 2017

Jerryjoy , Apr 19, 2017 :
    completely agree on the blurry pictures even with small movements.

taking kids pictures is so difficult with this phone, it's bc really bad!!

10. F_Jerin_Joy_PWji
    Cupcake Apr 19, 2017

11. DarkkMinion
    Froyo Apr 19, 2017

DarkkMinion , Apr 19, 2017 :
    I'm having a similar issue but only when using the camera on WhatsApp. You press the take picture button and it takes three seconds for taking the shot. Other than that the camera works great.

12. Jerryjoy
    Donut Apr 19, 2017

Jerryjoy , Apr 19, 2017 :
    Also , where are the video settings in OnePlus 3t camera. I was not able to find any settings in video except the size of video. My 5 year old Samsung S2 camera app had more options than this 2017 flagship

13. G_Iacopo_Biondi_FqLx
    Donut Apr 19, 2017

thank you for all the replies... community is a big thump up for OP. Has any of you moved to other OS that solved/ improved this? like lineage OS? I'm reluctant to switch OS...but camera fix would be the push to make me try to switch OS.

14. Raashid_Khan
    Eclair Apr 20, 2017

Raashid_Khan , Apr 20, 2017 :
    yup agreed...this phone is really good in every aspect (atlest for me) ...and yes camera need improvement too...hope we get in next update

15. N_ Jadhav
    Cupcake Apr 24, 2017

N_ Jadhav , Apr 24, 2017 :
    it auto focuses but we just need to hold on for a sec for the camera to detect the object automatically! or else if you are in a hurry, just tap the screen pointing towards the object!!