Battery/Charging OP 6t Still Killing GPS Apps Like Strava

1. dscottclark
    Cupcake Feb 26, 2019

dscottclark , Feb 26, 2019 :
    I cannot believe this is still a problem. One of the reasons I wanted to replace my OP 3t was the phone killed my GPS tracking apps like Strava and Backcountry Maps. When you turn your phone back on, the apps have you going in a straight line, or they've stopped recording altogether. I've turned off all the battery optimization and followed all the advice on the forums. The only advice tech support has is "reset your phone to factory settings." Definitely does not fix the issue since every phone OP has made has had this issue, I've found out after reading through forums. COME ON ONEPLUS! FIX THIS ISSUE! It's quite ridiculous that I might have to buy a smartwatch just to track my activities.

2. Oliver 6T
    Eclair Feb 26, 2019

Oliver 6T , Feb 26, 2019 :
    https://dontkillmyapp.com/oneplus

Read this. OP has to change it`s background app killing in the OS otherwise it will never change.
    Very sad but true.
    Instead of wishing fancy things for the new OS (in the "send us new feature ideas") OP should make it their prime goal to change the App background behaviour they messed with.
    OP6T is blazing fast with a great battery, so just give us the option to decide if we want the standard Pie 9.0 background app handling or the OP version. Even if the battery usage decreases it`s up to us to decide.

dscottclark and frvrngn like this.
  3. W1533625684816
    Cupcake Mar 2, 2019

W1533625684816 , Mar 2, 2019 :
    I have the same issue, only it has started with the most recent (maybe late Feb 2019) system update. Since then Strava no longer functions after about 15 minutes into the ride. I have since installed Wahoo, and linked it to Strava; In using Wahoo to then record the ride, the screen must stay 'alive', which will negatively impact battery life, but at the endo the the ride, Wahoo will upload the details to Strava. This is a work around, and not the ideal solution. I too, love the OnePlus 6, but this could be a deal breaker for further OnePlus phones in the future. Might have to go back to iOs ;-(
    Come on OnePlus, fix this issue. Other Android phones don't seem to have the problem

4. Pallec
    Froyo Jul 25, 2019

Pallec , Jul 25, 2019 :
    Same issue here with several background apps not working. I have had 3 OP phones and this will be my last :( It is useless for the majority of my use, when background apps doesn't work!!

5. chaiart156
    Cupcake Jul 29, 2019

chaiart156 , Jul 29, 2019 :
    my gps 6t has a problem with traveling records with missing signals In the gaia stava relive application When riding a bicycle or hiking.
    1564423409101.jpg

6. F1607928433614
    Cupcake Dec 14, 2020

7. asxa50ZA
    Cupcake May 6, 2021

asxa50ZA , May 6, 2021 :
    The problem looks like it's still not fixed - I'm having the same issue with my OP Nord and MapMyRun (https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...pmyrun-power-management-gps-accuracy.1433480/)

OP support claim the problem lies with MMR and it not having an option to access location all the time (like my AV app or Google) and nothing to do with their OS. I will update this post if my query to MMR offers a solution but as things stand I will be returning my OP Nord to Amazon for a full refund.

8. sumitMZ007
    Jelly Bean May 8, 2021

sumitMZ007 , via OnePlus 6 , May 8, 2021 :
    If you have Ram boost option available in setting then turn it on ! It might help in RAM management and it will keep apps in memory!

9. asxa50ZA
    Cupcake May 17, 2021

asxa50ZA , May 17, 2021 :
    Thanks for this. It looks like RAM boost has been enabled.

It's not a solution, but I have found that other fitness tracking apps (Strava, Adidas) work with no problem. As I only need to track my distance and pace, I've reluctantly dropped MMR and replaced it with Strava. Still, OP shouldn't be this aggressive with power management.

10. Raza_Dawar
    Gingerbread May 17, 2021