OP 7Pro - Fido experience with VoLTE & WiFi-Calling

1. sokhangoo
    Eclair Jul 30, 2020

sokhangoo , Jul 30, 2020 :
    Hi Everyone;

Anyone has experienced their 7Pro with Fido for wifi-calling and volte? I've made changes to the setting and see the options, but when I trigger them ON, nothing happens. When I contacted Fido they said it's because my phone is not in their database as I didn't buy the phone directly from them, but wifi-calling works with my wife's iPhone 11 even though we bought it unlocked from Apple directly.

Thanks in Advance :)

2. danial.aw
    Eclair Jul 30, 2020

danial.aw , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jul 30, 2020 :
    Volte won't work since there is no Canadian carrier profile built into oxygen os... On XDA there is a method explained that uses Qualcomm PDC which allows you to force run different profiles... You can do that to see if some work for you.

It was working well for me for a couple of months but now it won't 🤷‍♂️.

sokhangoo likes this.
  3. Roshin99
    Cupcake Aug 5, 2020

Roshin99 , Aug 5, 2020 :
    I am having the same trouble. Wi-Fi calling is not holding steady, it keeps shifting between Wi-Fi calling and VOLTE. But whenever it is going to VOLTE, the other person is not able to hear anything that I say and hence having call drop. It is working fine on Samsung 10 and iPhone 6s. I am facing this issue with OnePlus 7. Sometimes it gets fixed when I switch the phone off then on, but then it will go again in some time. Please resolve at the earliest.

Attached Files:

4. DerNachbar
    Gingerbread Aug 6, 2020

DerNachbar , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Aug 6, 2020 :
    You used the program to flash the settings? What settings did you use? I'm with koodo and volt/vowifi is activated in my account. But it still doesn't work.

5. danial.aw
    Eclair Aug 22, 2020

danial.aw , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Aug 22, 2020 :
    The PDC setting that worked for me the best with Telus was Conf_CT_volte_lab (or something along the lines).
    But it stopped working last month and I'm too lazy to have to call Telus and ***** at them to enable the service again for me.

Before having talked to Telus and threatening them to enable the service the PDC trick did not work for me. Our carriers block the arrive on IMEI of phones they don't sell so ymmv

6. DerNachbar
    Gingerbread Aug 22, 2020

7. astracd
    Gingerbread Aug 23, 2020