OP 7T OS 11 Update Wi-Fi disconnection issues via OnePlus 7T

1. rakshitavishek
    Cupcake Apr 20, 2021

rakshitavishek , via OnePlus 7T , Apr 20, 2021 :
    The very fact that I have been having to put up with issues as simple as Wi-Fi disconnection after two so called stable OS11 updates is ridiculous. We all know where OP is heading. I'm just sad that I have to condone a company whose products I've been using since 2016 starting with the OP 3. The fact that the OP 3 didn't give me as many problems in 4 years as the 7T has given me in under 2 should speak volumes as to what is going on!

Oxygen OS 11.0.0.2.HD65AA

2. Javvadibabajee
    Gingerbread Apr 20, 2021

3. domestoboto
    Honeycomb Apr 21, 2021

domestoboto , via OnePlus 7T , Apr 21, 2021 :
    Just do a FACTORY RESET.

I did immediately after the 11.0.0.2 update was installed, and my 7T has not had any issues with (dis)connecting from the 5Ghz band of our ISP's modem/router.
    1618971726221.jpg

4. Sandeep Poddar
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 21, 2021

Sandeep Poddar , via OnePlus 7T , Apr 21, 2021 :
    I don't think the matter is with 5ghz band because I am currently using one. The issue I feel is having two same strength saved wifi singal at a place. I tries to continuously search better among them and keep disconnecting. Even with intelligently select the best wifi toggle off.

5. domestoboto
    Honeycomb Apr 21, 2021

domestoboto , via OnePlus 7T , Apr 21, 2021 :
    Yeah, you'll have to check your ISP router's settings for that. I know that on some models, you can change the channel a specific router is "broadcasting" to to avoid interference with another router using the same channel.

6. Sandeep Poddar
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 21, 2021

Sandeep Poddar , via OnePlus 7T , Apr 21, 2021 :
    Speaking from my experience, I have a router which has both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz wifi bands. 2.4Ghz being used for longer range and less speed and 5Ghz being used for short range and super speed. Now when on OS10, I had both the connection saved, switching manually between 2.4Ghz for browsing and 5Ghz for streaming/downloading. But now if you have both connection saved, it frequently tries to connect to either of them, based of signal strength I am suspecting, leading to wifi disconnection. I have raised a feedback, raised a bug with the developers as well.

rakshitavishek likes this.
  7. rakshitavishek
    Cupcake Apr 21, 2021

rakshitavishek , via OnePlus 7T , Apr 21, 2021 :
    Why will I do a factory reset after a stable update? I mean why should I?

8. rakshitavishek
    Cupcake Apr 21, 2021

Javvadibabajee likes this.
  9. Manveet
    Honeycomb Apr 21, 2021

Manveet , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Apr 21, 2021 :
    This is happening since first 11 beta. Its been reported to oneplus countless times. They simply don't care or can't fix it. There is no hotfix for laziness.

colaboy likes this.