OP 7T PRO automatically jumps to the lockscreen while using any app

1. Anshuman.Accanoor
    Donut Jun 22, 2020

Anshuman.Accanoor , Jun 22, 2020 :
    My OP 7T Pro automatically jumps to the lockscreen while using any app. For example, I'd have started a netflix video and randomly and suddenly the phone will start the lockscreen.

This has happened with games as well. Mostly in cases when the display is on but no fingers are interacting with the display. If I'm playing a game, it won't randomly jump to the lockscreen, but if I keep the game open and just stop touching the display, the screen locks automatically.

Note: This isn't a case of screen lock time. This started after the last update.

Attached is the screenshot of my device information.
    1592836375136.jpg

Nikky1998 likes this.
  2. stetre76
    Gingerbread Jun 23, 2020

stetre76 , Jun 23, 2020 :
    Have you installed any new apps which could cause this problem?
    Or did you change anything in the settings?

I've had this behavior with my 7T Pro as well some months ago - the phone would go to the lock-screen after a couple of seconds of usage.

As I hadn't installed any new apps, I was a bit clueless what caused this behavior and to be honest I am not sure what did until today. Back then I was still playing PokemonGo once in a while and I thought the behavior occured after PokemonGo was launched.

After a couple of days (and app updates) this behavior vanished any my phone hasn't run into this habit anymore.

Anshuman.Accanoor likes this.
  3. Anshuman.Accanoor
    Donut Jun 28, 2020

Anshuman.Accanoor , Jun 28, 2020 :
    Thanks for the reply. I have plenty of apps on my device. Will have to remove some of them and test it out. Strangely, this started only after the last update. Happens on every app that keeps display on for a long time due to activity. For example, YouTube and Netflix. Highly annoying when you're watching something and then you're greeted by the lockscreen out of the blue.

4. abhi@27
    Cupcake Jul 4, 2020