Other OP 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue, weak coating or paint on the sides

1. Nomad83
    Eclair Mar 25, 2021

Nomad83 , Mar 25, 2021 :
    I am using the Oneplus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue since about 8 months now. What a great phone that is!
    Sadly, the paint or coating on the sides seems to be quite soft. I already have several points where the paint seems to have chipped off and the white below is shining through and that although I always use the silicone protective cover and handle the phone very carefully. As a comparison, I have no chipped paint on my Oneplus 6 after 2.5 years. Is that normal using a Oneplus 8 Pro?

2. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Mar 25, 2021

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Mar 25, 2021 :
    Did you use the same kind of case on the other phone?
    Cases like that could under certain circumstances grind particles on to your phone. I have a harder hybrid case. The borders are very sturdy and makes it rather hard to put it on and take of. But on the other hand it can not rub itself against the phone.
    I have the blue one too. But in my case there is no trace of damage on the sides. I've only taken of the case once for cleaning.

Arjun_Choudhry and G_plusone like this.
  3. G_plusone
    Nougat Mar 25, 2021

Arjun_Choudhry likes this.
  4. Nomad83
    Eclair Mar 26, 2021

Nomad83 , Mar 26, 2021 :
    I've been using the original Oneplus case which was included since the beginning and yes, I clean my case at least every week. I've used a quite similar silicone case with my OP 6 and there were no such issues. So from my perspective the OP 8 Pro coating is not that good as it was on the OP 6 or I've just received a lemon :(

5. Nomad83
    Eclair Mar 31, 2021

Nomad83 , Mar 31, 2021 :
    No further feedback? Do I have to contact the Oneplus Support directly regarding this issue?

6. iMPUcz
    Eclair Jan 22, 2022

iMPUcz , Jan 22, 2022 :
    Hi,

Did you solve this problem? I have same problem since about second month, when I noticed the paint is rather on the case instead of the phone frame. I was trying to RMA this but yeah, "wear and tear", "definitely not production issue".