Network/Connectivity OP 8T Bluetooth Issue

1. Fish_FD3S
    Cupcake Jan 17, 2021

Fish_FD3S , Jan 17, 2021 :
    Hi, I have an issue with my new 8T. I use my phone to connect via bluetooth to my cars headunit for telephone and satnav duties.

The issue I have is soon after it making connection, the headunit restarts itself and refuses to reconnect to the 8T.

The issue is confined to the 8T as my old OP3 and Samsung phones do not have this issue.

Is there a known issue with bluetooth handshaking or is it something else. I have bluetooth and GPS enabled at the time, I know it's not an app on the phone as I've removed that and still having the same issue.

The phone is running build Oxygen OS 11.0.6.9.KB05BA, model KB2003.

thanks
    Fish

2. keet1994
    Gingerbread Jan 19, 2021

3. Akhil_Surineni
    Honeycomb Jan 19, 2021

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2021

5. Fish_FD3S
    Cupcake Jan 26, 2021

Fish_FD3S , via OnePlus 8T , Jan 26, 2021 :
    The phone has been restarted numerous times and the issue persists.

Now looking at settings in developer mode to try and resolve this issue.

Fish

6. Fish_FD3S
    Cupcake Jan 30, 2021

Fish_FD3S , Jan 30, 2021 :
    I have logged a call with support and have done the recommended wipe of the device and reconfigured twice, once with the sync from my old OnePlus 3 and once without.

Both times within a few minutes of connecting with just a bluetooth conenction the car's headunit restarts itself.

I have connected the 8T to a bluetooth speaker with music playing without issues and paired and transferred files with the OP3 and my laptop again without issue.

The issue has to be something with the handshake/drivers when connecting to the headunit that the previous OP3 and Samsung Galaxy A20e do not have any issue doing.

Fish