OP 8T Front Camera Blurred Photos via OnePlus 8T

1. Siddhant Tibrewal , via OnePlus 8T , Jun 20, 2021 :
    When using the front camera, after the picture is clicked, it shows that it has been clicked properly in the thumbnail at the bottom right, but after opening the picture, it quickly changes to blurred version.

I've been able to repeat this everytime since the morning.
    This has made using the front camera almost impossible as one can't be certain whether the clicked picture is correct or not, before viewing the end result.

As of now, can only be seen in the system camera app.

Build Number - Oxygen OS 11.0.8.14.KB05DA

2. puccellino
    Lollipop Jun 20, 2021

Tokolozi and LightsOut_ like this.
  3. puccellino
    Lollipop Jun 20, 2021

puccellino , Jun 20, 2021 :
    Can you upload a photo please, to show us how blurred it is.

Also, have you applied a screen protector of your own? If so have you checked it keeps the camera area clear?

Last edited: Jun 21, 2021

Tokolozi and LightsOut_ like this.
  4. SyamKG
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 21, 2021

5. Siddhant Tibrewal , via OnePlus 8T , Jun 22, 2021 :
    Hi, there are currently no screen protectors or smudges on the screen.

The photo capture seems to be delayed after clicking the shutter, but what's weird is that, when the shutter is pressed for a moment it gives feedback with a clear image, but after viewing in the gallery, one sees that image quite literally changes to one where the people seem to have moved.

6. puccellino
    Lollipop Jun 22, 2021

puccellino , Jun 22, 2021 :
    I have an 8T and I just tried but could not replicate. Try the most basic fix first, by clearing out the camera app cache files.

No guarantee that will fix the issue though.

Siddhant Tibrewal likes this.
  7. Siddhant Tibrewal , via OnePlus 8T , Jun 22, 2021 :
    Tried the same, didn't help.

Currently the issue can be seen on Camera, Snapchat.
    Instagram seems to not have the same issue.

8. Siddhant Tibrewal , via OnePlus 8T , Jun 22, 2021 :
    Attached Photos, the best i could put up, with privacy in mind 😅

What the thumbnail shows after I've viewed the photo in the galley.
    1624384761069.jpg
    What the thumbnail shows, after capturing the picture but I'm yet to open the gallery by clicking the thumbnail and viewing the picture.
    1624384760886.jpg
    The final picture show in the gallery.
    1624384760938.jpg

9. puccellino
    Lollipop Jun 22, 2021

puccellino , Jun 22, 2021 :
    I understand about privacy totally. I tried myself using the front facing camera, and could only replicate the blurriness by moving my hand when taking the pic in portrait mode. However the second I took the pic the little window pic showed it to be blurred.

So, my question is are you moving when you click?

10. puccellino
    Lollipop Jun 22, 2021

Siddhant Tibrewal likes this.
  11. puccellino
    Lollipop Jun 23, 2021

puccellino , Jun 23, 2021 :
    @woSch , if you have five minutes, could you read through this thread, and perhaps help this gentleman. I'm not sure of the best advice for him.

Thanks

12. woSch
    Photography Expert Jun 23, 2021

woSch , Jun 23, 2021 :
    Keeping the lenses clean is always a good thing... 😉...

In this case it's for sure a "motion blurr"... due to AI, Portrait Mode & so on the pictures are nowadays not only one single shot, you can find the same effect not only on front facing cam but also on rear/main cam... the tiny preview picture/thumbnail you see "very quick" in the bottom right is only the very first capture of several pics merged together by cam software (AI-Algorithm) and you can find it more often in bad light conditions and with fast moving objects or if you don't keep the cam/device steady until the end of the exposure with "fast moving Smartphone" ... with the "click" Sound and "popping up" of the preview thumbnail the picture is not everytime "done"... sometimes you have to be patient for another "part of a second" to get the picture(s) complete.

So a steady hand and patience are the keywords for not blurry pictures in this case 😀👍🏻