OP 8T keeps shutting off when charger is plugged in below 5% via OnePlus 8T Lunar Silver

1. HasaanS , via OnePlus 8T Lunar Silver , Apr 14, 2021 :
    So, I've been noticing this issue since day 1 of getting my phone, the phone shuts off if I plug the charger in if the battery is below 5, it shuts off as soon as I plug in the charger even if the battery is at 3% 2% or 1%. There are no issues with the charging speed or battery life other than this.

The phone shuts off as soon as the charger gets plugged in at those battery levels. I want to know if this is some sort of a failsafe mechanism oneplus has tried to create (it sucks if that is the case) or if it is just a software bug and if you guys have experienced the same with your OP 8T or other models.

2. Caoimhín
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Apr 15, 2021

Caoimhín , via OnePlus 6T , Apr 15, 2021 :
    Try the following to see if it can help.

FOLLOW THE STEPS BELOW TO THE LETTER CAREFULLY.

Some say this can also help, some others state it doesn't.

Wipe cache partition

Turn off your device.

Press and hold the Volume down and Power button at the same time.

When the OnePlus logo appears, release the Power button, but continue holding the Volume down button.

At the Password screen, enter the Password or PIN number that you use to unlock your device. When done, tap Ok.

Tap English.

Tap Wipe data and cache.

Tap Wipe cache.

Tap Yes to continue.

Tap Reboot to restart the phone.

Aaron2017 likes this.
  3. TheMystic
    Lollipop Apr 15, 2021

TheMystic , Apr 15, 2021 :
    Your battery will degrade fast if you let it drop below 10% regularly. It is advisable to put the phone on charge as soon as the battery drops to about 15%.

As with your question, the phone is not supposed to turn off, and there is no such configuration in the software.

4. HasaanS
    Eclair Apr 16, 2021

HasaanS , Apr 16, 2021 :

This makes 0 difference to the issue reported, this is some copy pasted material from the XDA forums since like a decade ago, people keep posting these on battery related issues although this one is something completely different and has nothing to do with wiping the cache partition.

cyclonicjason likes this.
  5. HasaanS
    Eclair Apr 16, 2021

HasaanS , Apr 16, 2021 :
    Yeah, I'm already aware of the first part however that isn't the discussion, I'm just wondering if everyone with an 8T experiences or has experienced this, also am aware of no configuration of this in the software of course.

6. cyclonicjason
    Froyo Apr 16, 2021

cyclonicjason , Apr 16, 2021 :
    I face the same issue too.

HasaanS likes this.
  7. NikhilGohil
    Eclair Apr 16, 2021

NikhilGohil , via OnePlus 8T , Apr 16, 2021 :
    Yes I am facing same issues since day 1
    My phone even shut down at 5 % and battery percentage drops from 5 to 0 in just 2 to 5 seconds after I reach to 5%.
    I am also not Able to prevent it from shutting down once it reaches at 5% even when I plug the charger.

HasaanS likes this.
  8. the_o2
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Apr 16, 2021

the_o2 , Apr 16, 2021 :
    Probably because it has two batteries and it shows the battery percentage of the joint, so maybe one at 1% and as soon as it is empty, the phone switches off.
    Just a random guess not sure.

BTW you guys can report this issue here
    https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback

Caoimhín and puccellino like this.
  9. NikhilGohil
    Eclair Apr 16, 2021

NikhilGohil , via OnePlus 8T , Apr 16, 2021 :
    Already reported multiple times no replies what so ever.
    No faith now.😂

HasaanS, cyclonicjason and the_o2 like this.
  10. HasaanS , via OnePlus 8T Lunar Silver , Apr 20, 2021 :
    Man, that is exactly the issue I have. Thank you for confirming. I have also another thread where I've clearly explained that the logic behind it happening due to dual batteries is incorrect as I've had a phone named Realme 7 pro with dual batteries and 65 watt charging supported and it never did this.