OP 8t Release Thoughts via OnePlus 8T

1. TheHobbyist87
    Froyo Oct 22, 2020

TheHobbyist87 , via OnePlus 8T , Oct 22, 2020 :
    I am sure someone has already talked about this but here are a few of my thoughts on the 8t. Overall, I am really happy with the phone. What I am not totally happy with is the way OP handled this release.

1. Before this, the last OP phone I got was a 7t for my wife and before that was the 6t McLauren. If I am remembering correctly, they came with a case. Why didn't this one? Granted, the cases they came with weren't the best but at least it was something. I liked the 6t case enough that it was my case for 2 years. Again, why not with this one?

2. The free "gift". While I always appreciate a new water bottle, I would have rather had something that worked with my phone, LIKE A CASE!

3. The pop-up version. This wasn't advertised very well. I have seen several people, myself included, that bought the phone with the "gift" and didn't even get an option to buy the pop-up version for the same price. I am in the boat that if I were to return mine and get the pop-up, it would take weeks to refund my money to be able to buy the pop-up and there is no guarantee that the pop-up would still be available.

4. Whatever cheap *** screen protector they put on this phone is horrible. What happened to the high quality ones they used to have? This thing is a magnet for dust and it just feels weird.

5. Finally, again regarding CASES, I can't buy one off the website because they are all "coming soon". Amazon is a bust too, all of theirs are shitty looking (my opinion). I had to go get one from T-Mobile and even their selection was sparse. Why wouldn't your cases be ready to purchase on release? I wonder how many people will break their phones while waiting for a decent case.

With all of that said, I am still happy with the phone itself. There are a few bugs that come with Oxygen 11 (can anyone else not download the update for the gallery app?), but that is to be expected and they will be fixed via patches. Hopefully, OP will take the feedback from their customers (especially repeat customers like my wife and me) about this release and make some changes in the future (OP9 in March? Maybe?).

Thanks for reading!
    -TK

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020

2. f0xx
    Cupcake Oct 22, 2020

f0xx , Oct 22, 2020 :
    If the phone wasn't as nice as it is (though blue and caseless as it may be), I'd have returned it. Flask is useless for me

3. tokektokek
    Gingerbread Oct 22, 2020

tokektokek , Oct 22, 2020 :
    I am in the UK, I did not get a water bottle which I would quite like as they look like a pretty cool gift, especially if it was the same as the one that was being given away in the last raffle.

The free gift for me was a sandstone bumper case which I have used for my phone. Inside the phone box itself was another case - a clear case which I probably won't use as I prefer the sandstone bumper case.

If I had received the water bottle instead of the clear case it would have been perfect, as I do not need two cases. Not a complaint though, just a point.

If postage cost nothing, I would gladly swap with you the clear case for the water bottle.

The phone itself is awesome - it is easily the best phone released this year for the price.