OP CS Frustration: Referral Points REMOVED and can't redeem £180 worth of vouchers

1. Alvie
    The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer Oct 27, 2021

Alvie , Oct 27, 2021 :
    Yeah, I remember when there were free phones, it's one of the reasons why I waited to use them. I hope these issues get fixed because it seems that the items I am redeeming for should work. Thanks for your input.

Bobbie63 , GuitarBart and superplus like this.
  2. superplus
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Oct 27, 2021

superplus , Oct 27, 2021 :
    And was it after let's say June of this year that you still managed to successfully use the $80 / £80 voucher?

Bobbie63 and Alvie like this.
  3. Alvie

Alvie , Oct 27, 2021 :
    It was 9th October 2021 so very recent

Bobbie63 and superplus like this.
  4. superplus

Ah, that's very recent indeed, so I guess the main difference does seem to be the education discount for the moment?

Alvie, camohan and Bobbie63 like this.
  5. camohan
    Assistant Head Moderator Assistant Head Moderator Oct 27, 2021

camohan , Oct 27, 2021 :
    Probably if the education discount is removed the $100 Voucher should work.

Alvie, Bobbie63 and superplus like this.
  6. puccellino
    Lollipop Oct 27, 2021

puccellino , Oct 27, 2021 :
    Hi Alvie,

Hope you are doing ok. I've heard many people having real trouble with claiming things using referral points. I remember @meatandy having frustrations a while ago. Ive tagged him, perhaps he can give you some hints on how he sorted his problem out.

Good luck!

🤞

7. superplus

It seems possible indeed, especially since this is also the only difference between the carts you and @Alvie composed with exactly the same items in them. However, I'm not sure if education discount can be deactivated/removed easily once activated (and especially if it can be re-activated again then afterwards).

Sadly the FAQs don't cover that, there's only something about "what if I haven't received the verification email?"

@Alvie I don't know if there seems to be any option to temporarily disable the eduaction discount on your account page?
    https://www.oneplus.com/uk/customer/education#/
    Not having activated the discount myself, I'm not sure if there are more options available there, once activated.

philos64, Bobbie63 and Alvie like this.
  8. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Oct 27, 2021

ghostofcain , Oct 27, 2021 :
    I think the education discount is a red herring, I had the exact same problem over twelve months ago @SoniaB had to employ some moderator voodoo powers to get my vouchers transferred into the queen's currency, so I could actually use them, and by the time she managed to get it sorted I'd lost interest and at least one of the vouchers expired unused.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2021

BeingIncog, Liehjan, SoniaB and 4 others like this.
  9. Alvie

Alvie , Oct 27, 2021 :
    Yup, the only difference is the education program. Thanks for your help again, hopefully will get this fixed somehow

philos64, Bobbie63 and superplus like this.
  10. Alvie

Alvie , Oct 27, 2021 :
    Thanks, unfortunately there's no option to opt out of the education program:

Screenshot_20211027-203621.jpg

Bobbie63 and superplus like this.
  11. Alvie

Alvie , Oct 27, 2021 :
    Hey, I'm doing okay thanks - have a bit of a cold that's going around (start of uni so it's so called "Freshers flu") but other than that all well. I hope you're doing great too!

Thanks for the tags, hopefully we'll figure it out soon! The community here has been amazing to me, I kinda feel bad for slowly drifting away from it.

12. Alvie

Alvie , Oct 27, 2021 :
    Hi, thanks so much for your input and wow, you're right it definitely could be a red herring, one of the vouchers doesn't even show as an existing code on the UK site, the other one shows as claimed and used. If that's the case, then the behaviour is very very random which is more confusing.

13. Alvie
    The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer Oct 28, 2021

Alvie , Oct 28, 2021 :
    @SoniaB apologies for the ping, but is this something you have come across before? And do you know how I can fix it?

14. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Oct 28, 2021

Bobbie63 , Oct 28, 2021 :
    Haven't seen SoniaB around for some time unfortunately so I don't know if she'll answer your tag. From what I read I think the only possible way solve this is, is this case gets escalated to where ever it belongs probably CS. I don't know if either @camohan or @superplus has escalated this already?

15. Alvie
    The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer Oct 28, 2021

Alvie , Oct 28, 2021 :
    Thanks :) I hope Sonia is okay, I just saw her profile and she's on vacation, I hope she's enjoying it!

Thanks Bobbie!

16. meatandy
    Oreo Oct 30, 2021

meatandy , Oct 30, 2021 :
    PM sent thank you for the tag .

Now I'm concerned about using my current amount of points before they disappear without warning.

Alvie and Bobbie63 like this.
  17. Alvie
    The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer Oct 30, 2021

Alvie , Oct 30, 2021 :
    I think I saw somewhere they are moving away from the points system at the end of this year :/ good luck. I'm about to read the PM now, thanks

18. SoniaB
    Community Hero 2020 Oct 30, 2021

SoniaB , Oct 30, 2021 :
    I remember similar before. I see other mods have replied already.

I am around-ish. Currently enjoying autumn vacations. Just had a lot on irl so not been as online as I would like.

I am thank you!!

19. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Oct 30, 2021

Bobbie63 , Oct 30, 2021 :
    yes, I remember you saying that after @Alvie mentioned this to me. I hope you enjoy your autumn vacations, real life is what matters, online is just a convenient addition.:)

superplus, SoniaB and Alvie like this.
  20. Alvie
    The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer Oct 30, 2021

SoniaB and Bobbie63 like this.