1. Yes

55.7%
  2. No

44.3%
  1. Phonestep
    Gingerbread Jul 28, 2015

Phonestep , Jul 28, 2015 :
    Very VERY unlikely.
    Unless all the hardware is in there and those pins on the back cover are NFC antenna pins, there is no way to change anything at this stage.
    It would probably mean re-designing the PCB and they ain't gonna do that.

People have to accept that NFC is not in this device and judging by what Helen said, that is not going to change.
    Real shame and a big mistake that could cost them thousands of sales.
    The problem is that the OP2 is only a minor upgrade from the OPO and without NFC it actually has a downgraded hardware spec.

sliert likes this.
  2. SomeSayImHandSome
    Jul 28, 2015

koltiwa likes this.
  3. Two
    Honeycomb Jul 28, 2015

louisd, azndoodle and mrex like this.
  4. frason
    Froyo Jul 28, 2015

azndoodle, louisd and mrex like this.
  5. jollinshah
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 28, 2015

jollinshah , Jul 28, 2015 :
    read the thread before you make any posts please. dont just post to get your post count up

6. ppod
    Jelly Bean Jul 28, 2015

ppod , Jul 28, 2015 :
    NFC is as secure as your fingerprint when used to make payments.

7. vbenny79
    Cupcake Jul 28, 2015

8. molokovellocet9
    Honeycomb Jul 28, 2015

9. ppod
    Jelly Bean Jul 28, 2015

ppod , Jul 28, 2015 :
    I have to use mine else the car wont start without me entering a 16 digit code.

10. ufranco
    Donut Jul 28, 2015

ufranco , Jul 28, 2015 :
    It's a big deal for some of us, I use it everyday, from riding the bus, to paying for meals, and getting into buildings

11. vbenny79
    Cupcake Jul 28, 2015

12. Toulouse
    KitKat Jul 28, 2015

Toulouse , Jul 28, 2015 :
    My service provider's (Sosh in France) sim cards has built in NFC antenna. So it's actually not that important for me

13. monkeyboy
    Honeycomb Jul 28, 2015

monkeyboy , Jul 28, 2015 :
    I had phones with NFC since 2012, never used it once. So I'm not too bothered. Plus I like to keep my cash and phone separate :)

koltiwa likes this.
  14. magnamentis
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 28, 2015

magnamentis , Jul 28, 2015 :
    it's not a deal breaker for me personally but it is generally not understandable. even thought i used it only a few times a year to get my settings from one of my other devices upon clean installing custom roms, it still somehow feels like a miss. anyhow, i can live without it but understand that others are more disappointed. missing basics are always problematic. they could have chosen a cheaper cpu because only a fraction ever get to the limits as well, only gamers and permanent video wachters. still nice to have power when needed, same applies to nfc. BTW i think fast charge produces heat and reduces the life span of the battery and this, together with the 810 would have made for too many hot devices, think that's why they left it out, but then for me it's charging fast enough, no deal breaker either.

15. rawberry
    Eclair Jul 28, 2015

rawberry , Jul 28, 2015 :
    Would never consider a new phone without NFC. I use Tap and Pay every day. I also use it to sync with my UE Mini booms.

I'll stick with my more feature rich Oneplus One. I'd even switch to an iPhone if they were the only two choices left in the world.

Nonsense.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015

louisd, frason and mrex like this.
  16. Two
    Honeycomb Jul 28, 2015

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015

17. Ashkarn
    Eclair Jul 28, 2015

Ashkarn , Jul 28, 2015 :
    Leaving out an established technology such as NFC is a huge oversight. Surely with all this talk of 'USB Type-C is the future', they should have realized that Android Pay/Google Wallet is the future as well. NFC is cheap to implement and there is simply no excuse.

ebhk, jestik, bp328i and 6 others like this.
  18. Endogen
    Cupcake Jul 28, 2015

Endogen , Jul 28, 2015 :
    Sure, but only if you activate NFC. If it is deactivated nobody can do shit with your data. If you need it, active it and then deactivate it again.

19. aiskacang
    Gingerbread Jul 28, 2015

20. mjwhitmer
    Froyo Jul 28, 2015

mjwhitmer , Jul 28, 2015 :
    Majority of users in the U.S. don't even use it or know what it is. Using for payments isn't any faster than with a card and almost less convenient.

risky1301 likes this.