Is no NFC a dealbreaker?

1. Yes

55.7%
  2. No

44.3%
  1. newfguy
    Honeycomb Jul 29, 2015

newfguy , Jul 29, 2015 :
    not a very logical analysis. Apple Pay is an excellent service and has moved the US forward from its backward position on mobile payments. Android Pay is a recognition of the success of apple Pay and the future of this technology. Leaving out NFC and bad decision on part of OP particularly since they claim the phone is future proof. that is wishful thinking.

2. sponge_dork
    Jelly Bean Jul 29, 2015

sponge_dork , Jul 29, 2015 :
    So according to you, android pay/google wallet/apple pay is just a fad and major retail stores are wasting their time implementing that technology.

3. rochagam
    Honeycomb Jul 29, 2015

rochagam , Jul 29, 2015 :
    It looks like I be hanging on to my OPO for a little while longer... oh yes, NFC is an absolute must for me. Use it every day: NFC tags, Mobile pay, bluetooth headsets, etc. CM12.1S coming up, nice.

louisd likes this.
  4. Acill
    Froyo Jul 29, 2015

5. shobe338
    Honeycomb Jul 29, 2015

shobe338 , Jul 29, 2015 :
    I know. I was saying that I've been using it for some time now. But I've seen it advertised more since last September (the iPhone 6 release) because Apple is marketing it to people and businesses. Because of that, I've seen more NFC enabled devices at cash registers than I did before Apple adopted NFC. That's why it is disappointing to me that the OP2 lacks the same capability that it's predecessor had. If I end up buying the OP2, I'll have to listen to stupid Apple fanboys tell me how awesome their iPhone is because they can buy their cigarettes with their phone and I can't (anymore).

6. fordrm
    Cupcake Jul 29, 2015

fordrm , Jul 29, 2015 :
    I''m currently nursing my aging HTC One (M7) until I get an invite for the OP2. It's the first phone that I've owned that has had NFC. It's a feature that I wanted for a long time, but I've just never used. I bought NFC tags, but I've just never come up with use cases that are compelling enough for me to bother. I would have liked to have seen the feature on the OP2, but I probably still wouldn't use it.

7. lh1971
    Gingerbread Jul 29, 2015

8. CrispyBa11s
    Donut Jul 29, 2015

CrispyBa11s , Jul 29, 2015 :
    Honestly I know NFC is not a big deal for some but to compete with the competition it is something that could be a deal breaker for most.

newfguy likes this.
  9. ez117
    Donut Jul 29, 2015

ez117 , Jul 29, 2015 :
    For those who are waiting for an invite but don't need it anymore since OP2 doesn't have NFC....give it to me :D.

But realistically, I think Oneplus made a smart decision not putting in NFC. Personally, I jumped on board right away by buying 10 tags. Played with them for 20 minutes, never found another use for them.

Mobile payments? Apple Pay launched a while ago and even they couldn't get mobile payments trending. I doubt adoption will increase at this point past a commodity level. NFC is a worthless function to me and I'm glad to see OP kept it free of frills, all business phone.

10. shobe338
    Honeycomb Jul 29, 2015

shobe338 , Jul 29, 2015 :
    Please... Just stop. You people bug me more than these NFC, wireless charging, turbo charging, Moto X vs OP2 conversations ever will. At least they are trying to contribute to the forum and carry a conversation. You're just being the annoying kid in class that I throw spit wads at. Stop being a baby and calling on the mods whenever someone does anything. Neh neh ne na boo boo. Now stick your head in doo doo.

11. Jporrata
    Froyo Jul 29, 2015

Jporrata , Jul 29, 2015 :
    How so? I get notifications of the status of my purchase with Google wallet along with a changing CC number so my credit card numbers are never exposed. I can also use wallet anywhere nfc payments are accepted. I also have the features of google wallet like easy money transfers and if i wanted i can tie it with my physical google wallet card and use it to budget my excess money.

What am I missing out on?

louisd and rawberry like this.
  12. newfguy
    Honeycomb Jul 29, 2015

newfguy , Jul 29, 2015 :
    I believe you need to manually enter your credit card info into google wallet or deposit money ala paypal. having camera scan CC's is slick and painless and very secure

13. NYCtechnician
    Cupcake Jul 29, 2015

NYCtechnician , Jul 29, 2015 :
    no nfc is a deal breaker. Been using Google Wallet whenever possible, and personally would rather have everything move over to nfc. Google Wallet is more secure than your normal credit card or debit card because your transaction is processed through a virtual card, and its so much more convenient to have receipts in the Google Wallet app.

14. amartens181
    KitKat Jul 29, 2015

amartens181 , Jul 29, 2015 :
    Your idiocy does not contribute, your false analogies do not contribute, your trollish and babyish name calling does not contribute, and duplicate threads do NOT CONTRIBUTE.

15. Ashkarn
    Eclair Jul 29, 2015

16. aiskacang
    Gingerbread Jul 29, 2015

17. DaveenJay
    Froyo Jul 29, 2015

DaveenJay , Jul 29, 2015 :
    If you haven't heard, the OnePlus has decided to drop NFC from their newest flagship the OnePlus Two. Since I had my OnePlus One, I have been using NFC tags in my car and around the house, and sometime to quickly setup my new phones. The addition of NFC would have been great, because the OnePlus Two has a fingerprint scanner, both combined it will create a better way to tap to pay, similar to the iPhones ApplePay. This would have made sense since the release of AndroidPay. What are your thoughts?

18. Jporrata
    Froyo Jul 29, 2015

Jporrata , Jul 29, 2015 :
    There is another reason. In the USA we use a card and pin or card and signature system. Recently all the major CC companies have changed the requirements. If a vendor wants to avoid liability for fraudulent purchases they must switch to a chip and pin system(you may have noticed or will soon notice that your bank sent you a new card with a chip in it). With the chip the token(CC number) is changed with each purchase and verified with the pin stored on the card and online. This is the same system used for NFC purchases and the majority of terminals that have chip and pin also have nfc. Apple made a good choice in releasing their service just as this requirement is being implemented. It would have happened without them but they get free marketing this way. A rising tide raises all ships so consequently Google will benefit as well. It's not so much that Apple is forcing the market as the market is changing anyways.

19. SirAwesome37
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 29, 2015

20. Deactivated User
    Jul 29, 2015

Eeroz, kie119, CrispyBa11s and 3 others like this.