Is no NFC a dealbreaker?

1. Yes

55.7%
  2. No

44.3%
  1. ettisberger
    Eclair Jul 28, 2015

ettisberger , Jul 28, 2015 :
    I dont get that people still believe that there will be NFC in this phone. Dont you think after all these "NO NFC OMFG" threads oneplus wouldnt do an announcement that NFC will be possible, if that would be the fact? I dont think they will wait without any reason just to announce it later on....

Mjt008 likes this.
  2. Cuerex
    KitKat Jul 28, 2015

Cuerex , Jul 28, 2015 :
    only in certain parts of murica

OlfakD likes this.
  3. housry23
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 28, 2015

housry23 , Jul 28, 2015 :
    This is a HUGE oversight on OnePlus's side. I can't BELIEVE they didn't add NFC. It wouldn't be a huge deal if they would have put a sdcard slot in it because you can buy sdcards with NFC built in. They better think of something and think of it fast because they failed. They need to offer a NFC enabled SIM to fill in one of the SIM slots for now and then figure another way to implement NFC and send it out for free to people that want it.

Shame on you OnePlus! I was so excited to buy this phone and for this very one reason, I can't. I hope you make an announcement about this soon or you're going to lose a lot of customers.

Ashkarn and denvit like this.
  4. tebs
    Eclair Jul 28, 2015

5. DexteruL
    Froyo Jul 28, 2015

DexteruL , Jul 28, 2015 :
    I don't use my OPO to pay for anything however in the UK we have NFC tags on bus stops to check when the buses arrive , and i use it everyday .

Ashkarn likes this.
  6. vmkrishnan
    Eclair Jul 28, 2015

7. Santosh07
    Donut Jul 28, 2015

Santosh07 , Jul 28, 2015 :
    Where? Can you provide a link?

8. mrex
    Gingerbread Jul 28, 2015

mrex , Jul 28, 2015 :
    it is not just for credit cards:
    - pairing devices easily
    - nfc tags and triggers
    -- controlling lights (philips hue)
    -- controlling profiles and computers (wol)
    - nfc apps for reading your cards (e.g. travel card)
    - secure payments
    - sharing

fun with apps like tasker and trigger - enjoy! but only with a phone with nfc!

Ashkarn, denvit, Mjt008 and 1 other person like this.
  9. Fekillix
    Donut Jul 28, 2015

Fekillix , Jul 28, 2015 :
    I came across this; http://www.nearfieldcommunication.org/sd-sim-cards.html

The official NFC webpage states that there will be NFC enabled SIM-cards available. I guess this would work for everyone, even if your carrier does not supply them as the Two has dual SIM-slots.

What do you guys think? The SIM-slot is at the top of the phone towards the back side, so even if range is limited it should still work.

InternetJohnny likes this.
  10. corpse69
    Gingerbread Jul 28, 2015

corpse69 , Jul 28, 2015 :
    yeah who knows its probably possible to add one yourself if you know how to

11. ppod
    Jelly Bean Jul 28, 2015

ppod , Jul 28, 2015 :
    Sorry I should have said, any completely independent reviews.

12. frason
    Froyo Jul 28, 2015

datkidpatrick likes this.
  13. ppod
    Jelly Bean Jul 28, 2015

ppod , Jul 28, 2015 :
    Where did they say that? linkie please

14. marionb
    Honeycomb Jul 28, 2015

marionb , Jul 28, 2015 :
    Looks like it's back to nexus 5.looking for the release in a few months.

15. Fekillix
    Donut Jul 28, 2015

16. datkidpatrick
    Cupcake Jul 28, 2015

datkidpatrick , Jul 28, 2015 :
    i think i misinterpreted what you meant... and what i was responding to, i was responding to someone saying it couldn't be done because the battery wasn't removable...
    "nfc isnt going to be put in unless the battery is removable that's where it is normally so maybe the next phone oneplus comes up with"

so i wrote they did it in the original OPO...

17. DrJMun
    KitKat Jul 28, 2015

DrJMun , Jul 28, 2015 :
    I've never used NFC, but it'd be nice to have that as an option. With the OP2 not having it, I'd no longer have the option. Strange since payments via phone is only just beginning to take off. I wonder if it's something that can be added after-market, the OS would have to support it of course.

18. frason
    Froyo Jul 28, 2015

frason , Jul 28, 2015 :
    Got ya. :)

19. Beedog1221
    Honeycomb Jul 28, 2015

Beedog1221 , Jul 28, 2015 :
    Excuse my ignorance because I'm from a smaller city so mobile payments with a phone just isn't available here but I see everyone flipping their houses over because the oneplus two doesn't have nfc. I didn't care but judging by the reaction it seems like there is a bigger use for it that I don't know about. Can someone help me understand why besides mobile payment?

20. JensNaenen
    Cupcake Jul 28, 2015