3. luxuskamel
    Lollipop Apr 2, 2016

luxuskamel , Apr 2, 2016 :
    You could also simply wait for the OP3

**lol**

4. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Apr 2, 2016

Dunnow , Apr 2, 2016 :
    you are asking on the wrong forum. Everyone here will tell you OP2 is better blah blah blah.

The phone is heavy. The phone has bad updates and bad SW development.

I've had both. Even tho the Nexus 5x has a lesser camera, I think colors are better in there. You also will get 3 years of updates (Google compromise) and it's a Nexus. You will have 10x more ROMS available than OP2 will ever have (in case you wanted more toggles and mods)

I've had to get my OP2 over the Nexus 5x because the 5x was not released when I got the OP2 invite, therefore, I was "kinda" forced to get the OP2 as I did not know when would be available to pruchase without invite.

One of the biggest mistakes I had in 2015. I'll NEVER buy another OP product again.

Trust me, people tell me I'm a hatter, but I'm just a user who wants his money worth. For 350€ you get a Nexus 5x, cheaper, better phone overall. It's light, it fits WAY better in your hand and it will get proper support.

I've had the Nexus 5x of a friend of mine for long enough to see how much better phone that is. Don't make a mistake. Go for the Nexus. 100% the right choice.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016

gopinathr likes this.
  5. Dunnow

Dunnow , Apr 2, 2016 :
    2 gigs of ram are MORE than enough dude. Way more. Android has one of the best memory management ever seen on a unix/linux based OS. Android runs with just 512 MB of ram since Android 5. And 2 gigs are plenty enough to have 30 apps oppened without any kind of issues. In fact, I have 1.8 free gigs on the OP2 right now... that makes only 2.2 gigs used, and I've not closed nor cleared apps since last time I booted the phone up. That prooves enough that 2 gigs are way more than enough.

DonKingKong likes this.
  6. malidan
    Nougat Apr 2, 2016

malidan , Apr 2, 2016 :
    The Axon is down in price and now inline with the OP2 or the LETV 1pro it has all the Flagship specs the OP2 is missing and it's running the 810 at 2.5 rather than 1.8. It is also cheaper and sold at a subsidised price rather than using lower ended componants to get it to a low price.
    You could always hold fire for a few weeks and pick up a MI5. There are many options out there choose wisely.

7. Dunnow

Dunnow , Apr 2, 2016 :
    both keep up the whole day. Battery is not an issue, and has never been. Just comparing numbers the OP2 is better, yet, then you stop to think about updates, community support, build quality, customer support, price, size and everything the Nexus 5x is way better...

8. malidan
    Nougat Apr 2, 2016

malidan , Apr 2, 2016 :
    Lol Letv sold over 4 million in 9 months in 2015 and without the BS.
    So I guess they are the Flagship killers and not the OP devices;)

9. locxFIN
    KitKat Apr 2, 2016

locxFIN , Apr 2, 2016 :
    Depends on your usage, my N5 sometimes didn't last me the whole day, especially not when it was getting older. 5X has a little larger battery and larger display, so I reckon it's about the same. Also it went for 480€ here when it launched and I had set 400€ cap for my next phone. Yeah, I would've been on M half a year earlier but tbh I really don't think it's that much better than L, I was just waiting for OOS to get better lol

10. Dunnow

Dunnow , Apr 2, 2016 :
    Let me try to clear things out for you.

2gb vs 4gb issue
    Android runs with 512MB. Any more than that is a given. It also features a great memory management and garbage collector (java stuff). More RAM does not mean faster OS nor apps. The quality of the ram does. (and both are about the same).

I have an OP2, I consider it a bad purchase (more on that later) I usually have among 1.8 and 1.2 free gigs on my ram. Wich means I use 2.X gigs of ram. And I'm someone who never closes apps. Neither does the system do it for me, as there's still free ram. But as you can see from those numbers, 4 gigs are useless, as you never even get to use them.

I have a computer, a Gaming one, build by myself part by part. It has 8 gigs of RAM. Every "gamer" I met told me 8 gigs are insufficient, that in 2016 you need at least 16 gigs. You know what? I'm using 4-5gigs of RAM while doing heavy gaming (with up to date games)

People have the missconception about RAM usage and fast OS thanks to it. Unless you are doing hardcore video edition or need to work with tons of programs at the same time. 8 Gigs is already overkill. Same with the phone.

Youtube, Whatsapp, Facebook, Twitter, Chrome etc have more than enough ram with only 2 gigs. In fact, I'll tell you more. My mother has a Moto G, that has 2 gigs too, she had NEVER closed a tab on chrome since she got the phone. Last time I opened chrome on her phone she had +400 tabs open. And the phone had enough ram to deal with that...

Snapdragon 808 vs 810.
    Heating, TONS of heating. 810 is a ******* BBQ in your pocket. And OOS turns off 2 cores, therefore, you end up using the same ammount of cores an 808 has. Plus, 808 is more power efficient. Anyway, today, with a simple dual core phone you are already flying, you won't notice any difference among 808 and 810 unless you are running synthetic benchmarks. Wich are pointless, as in the end of they day, the only thing that matters is the day to day usage.

32GB vs 64GB internal.
    Well, yeah, I believe 32 gigs is more than enough, If OP2 was 32 vs 64 I'd have gone for the 32 one just to keep the price down. Even more since Google Photos added that "free space button" into settings. wich means that I'd end up having space even if I had filled up the 32 gigs we are talking about.

that's a bummer maybe for some other people, I sincerely don't care at all. 32 gigs is more than enough even when installing heavy games and tons of music.

Now lets talk about the important part. PERFORMANCE. SUPPORT && UPDATES

Nexus 5x is fast, it's camera seems amazing to me. Not the best on the market, not even close, but for the price and characteristics is one hell of a camera. I really liked how it captures colors. Even more than OP2 (even tho, I prefer the OP2 one for it's 3 more MB, i'm a "megapixels do matter" guy), still, overall, I think it's a great performance on Nexus 5x part. Again, I insist in the color department.

As you can already see, OP is a ******* fail while giving customer care, a warranty might take more than a month, a broken screen might not get rapaired because they detected water damage (true story) EVEN when the user was paying for the whole repair. Etc.

Have you seen what joke of updates OnePlus is giving us? One "update" or what I like to call them, a hotfix for more bugs introduced in the last "update" and BS "community" builds so people stop crying about the lack of MM.

Meanwhile, you get monthly decent and properly functional updates on Nexus phones.

To me, after having SO MANY issues with the OP2 it's a no brainer. Nexus 5x is the better choice. Way better.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016

gopinathr, malidan and gringoboy like this.
  11. merewoodbebox
    Jelly Bean Apr 2, 2016

12. Dron99
    Honeycomb Apr 2, 2016

Dron99 , Apr 2, 2016 :
    LeTv isn't new company, its just they've jumped into smartphone business recently.

Chinese ppl are aware of the company way back in years. Where as OnePlus I've started to know by end of 2013 only. Even Chinese were get to know by 2013 only.

So you can imagine, Its relatively new. Unless you heard LeTv in recent past than it's totally a different story but I'm aware of them for many years now. They've their own Chinese video hosting site probably n that's how they gets famous. In fact Chinese Le1 n Le1 Max has built in Online streaming app.

How I know?
    I do visit Chinese sites very often. At the time they've launched Le1, I have watched their launch event online. So I'm aware of all these stuff way before they Made to India. ;)

13. malidan
    Nougat Apr 2, 2016

malidan , Apr 2, 2016 :
    Letv's first device was released in 2015 with no previous involvement in the mobile industry. I call the new to the business.
    OP are owned by OPPO and run by OPPO's former no.2, i call that experienced in the business.
    So they knew where to go and who to speak to. That enabled them to get off the ground with more than favourable reviews despite the initial rubbish they churned out:rolleyes:

14. Luke-S
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 2, 2016

TheOneplusXEater likes this.
  15. kryddan
    Honeycomb Apr 2, 2016

kryddan , Apr 2, 2016 :
    Hardware - I'd say OnePlus 2 hands down. No argue there
    Software - Nexus 5X, I love the Vanilla and the fast updates.
    The reason I bought 1+2 was because my Nexus 6 was to big for my hands and so the 1+2 was the best choice :) 5X wasn't out yet, and 6P would be too big. Don't get me wrong here. I love my 1+2, the size, the feel and the smoothness it has now with OOS3Beta :)

16. gopinathr
    Honeycomb Apr 2, 2016

gopinathr , Apr 2, 2016 :
    I wish i have bought a Nexus 5x. Even posted op2 vs 5x. I regret stil. Not just becos of software hiccups, it's poor customer service . go with Nexus 5x...

Dunnow likes this.
  17. ThePixelCutter
    Gingerbread Apr 2, 2016

18. Systembeater
    Gingerbread Apr 2, 2016

Systembeater , Apr 2, 2016 :
    I have opened up 9 Applications on my n5x now and I can switch between them without reloading them.

1. Chrome with two Tabs (xda, oneplus.net)
    2. Youtube (playing video)
    3. Google Photos
    4. PowerAmp
    5. Google Maps
    6. Settings
    7. GMail
    8. WhatsApp
    9. Google Keep
    All togehter allocates only 1.2gb of 1.8gb RAM.

Attached Files:

19. stephenboyo
    KitKat Apr 2, 2016

stephenboyo , Apr 2, 2016 :
    Why would you buy another? Phones always have things we don't like about them either software or hardware, I don't think that will change about the OP2 or any other phone you ditch so best bet is to get something else, some new...

20. TlathamXmahtalT
    KitKat Apr 2, 2016

TlathamXmahtalT , Apr 2, 2016 :
    Considering they made at least $50 million profit from the One, and more from the 2, I'd say that's pretty good for a company that's less than 2 years old.