OP3/3T Battery and Heating tips (Nougat/Oreo/Pie)

1. mili doshi
    Cupcake Jul 18, 2019

mili doshi , Jul 18, 2019 :
    I have been facing this since quite a few days now. on watching videos or movies on Google Chrome specially the phone is really getting heated up in less than a minute, near the back camera. almost on the top half of the phone. I have tried wiling cache on power off but that also isn't helping

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019

2. I1568635418703
    Cupcake Sep 16, 2019

3. ARD22
    Donut Sep 25, 2019

ARD22 , Sep 25, 2019 :
    please a hard request it is please solve problem of heating with oneplus 3t I know that phone has been discontinued but all people those who are having 3t now are facing heating issue . this issue is because of update of oxygen os 9.0.5 but before also this update heating is there so I kindly request you that please bring updates to solve heating issue of oneplus 3t please sir/mam I request you please solve this issue please. I will be highly thankful to you so please solve this heating problem..

4. Madnezz4Ever
    Jelly Bean Sep 25, 2019

Madnezz4Ever , Sep 25, 2019 :
    There's no OnePlus people here.

Your phones internals like every other electronic device heat up.

Depending upon a lot of things your phone can become hotter then normal.

If you can't handle the heat then stop whatever you are doing when it becomes to hot for you.

Searching for already existing topics and reading them would of told you this.

Paschfire likes this.
  5. ARD22
    Donut Sep 26, 2019

ARD22 , Sep 26, 2019 :
    see already I have only WhatsApp and Zedge Sony liv app installed on my phone and not more than that so please I am facing heating issue

6. Madnezz4Ever
    Jelly Bean Sep 26, 2019

Madnezz4Ever , Sep 26, 2019 :
    Lower the brightness.
    Stop using your phone while charging.
    Stop using it in a hot room.

There is no heating issues other then you thinking your phone isn't supposed to heat up.

7. ARD22
    Donut Sep 26, 2019

ARD22 , Sep 26, 2019 :
    yaar see even then it's heating I gave it to service centre they re installed the software but then also heating is there please mam if yu are in oneplus company u can resolve my problem please mam

8. P1579763371286
    Cupcake Apr 4, 2020

9. ronojoy.pyne@gma
    Cupcake Apr 13, 2020

ronojoy.pyne@gma , via OnePlus 3T , Apr 13, 2020 :

BobbyV8_

Switch off your device
    long press power + Vol down
    this will take you to recovery
    select english
    Select Wipe data & cache
    clear cache from there (Not data only cache - clearing data will wipe enitire app & user data. be careful here)
    reboot​

Hey. can you help me? my camera is not functioning properly. my selfie camera is not working.
    1586793260528.jpg

this is what's happening.

10. BobbyV8_
    The Showcase Reviewer Apr 13, 2020

BobbyV8_ , Apr 13, 2020 :
    Can you post a link of video for what's happening? Also, do a hardware test by typing *#808#

G_Avee_B_Xaxb and Tobikage like this.
  11. Rejikumar Bhaskaran
    Cupcake May 20, 2020

Rejikumar Bhaskaran , May 20, 2020 :
    u should have considered the fact that most of us have used phones other than OnePlus, this article wasn't useful. Telling that India has a hot climate, phones get hot,,. we're not fools.
    Infact the problem I'm facing has started to appear after last 2 updates.

Overheating, battery draining, performace issues have all started after these updates, it wasn't there from the beginning. No viruses,,,etc in this.

the attached screenshot is of yesterday's whatsapp video call of 25 min duration.

the temperature is between 60-71 when in normal use (using it at room temperature) not while kept on the dashboard of the car, or under the sun. I expect a better response regarding this issue..
    While writing this comment, my battery has already drained from 80 to 73.

View attachment 1314097

12. Horsault
    Nougat Moderator May 20, 2020

Horsault , via OnePlus 7T Pro , May 20, 2020 :
    As OP3 and OP3T have reached EOL, I'm afraid there little more to do now than tweaking settings or flashing an alternate ROM.
    OnePlus, as any other company, won't release new developments for EOL products.

youbi likes this.
  13. L1586852258407
    Cupcake Aug 1, 2020

14. Dr.SRJ
    Donut Aug 3, 2020

Dr.SRJ , via OnePlus 3 , Aug 3, 2020 :
    Can Anyone Here Suggest the Best Custom ROM for oneplus 3 which I can use as a Daily driver? less buggy battery stable supports dash charging plz