OP3 battery life after upgrade to 4.0.3

1. keyalsaurav
    Eclair Mar 9, 2017

keyalsaurav , Mar 9, 2017 :
    Hi

Since upgrade to 4.0.3 the battery life on my OP3 has been really poor. I have factory reset the phone and haven't had any luck. What is unusual is that battery usage are always higher for Android system and Android OS. I only get around 2.5-3 hours of screen on time which is not bad but before it was even better (4-4.5 hrs). Also the animations are not as great as they were with Marshmallow. In between screen change I can clearly see pitch black screen which kinds of hang on there for a while. (when unlocking the phone, or clearing all open apps, or when exiting app drawer)

Is anyone facing similar issues? Is there some way around it or a fix that I don't know of? Oneplus please release a stable OS and SETTLE this for once and for all.

2. keyalsaurav
    Eclair Mar 9, 2017

3. G_kuldip_saharia_chgJ
    Froyo Mar 9, 2017

4. G_SHIVAM_CHOPRA_BEFO
    Cupcake Mar 9, 2017

5. bangya.18
    Cupcake Mar 9, 2017

6. Supra98
    Donut Mar 9, 2017

Supra98 , Mar 9, 2017 :
    But it's that important to keep on?

7. F_Shomit_Sarkar_Myui
    Donut Mar 9, 2017

F_Shomit_Sarkar_Myui , Mar 9, 2017 :
    I bought my op3t 128gb just recently and upgraded to the latest software version, hence can't compare honestly with what performance it was before.
    So i feel the battery life is better than my older phone the lg v10.
    The heating issue is something i am worried about while gaming as its considerably higher feeling my thumb a bit frying on screen near over the camera area, especially while playing online the WarRobots.

8. Onkar.Singh
    KitKat Mar 9, 2017

Onkar.Singh , Mar 9, 2017 :
    Some suggestions ..
    Do check in battery option which app is causing the battery to stress. That should give you some idea. Removing and reinstalling those apps might help.

Check this out as well >>>
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/...-battery-drain-issues-with-this-trick.491970/
    This have helped resolve the battery issues for quite a few ....

In case you wish to recalibrate the Battery,
    • Discharge your phone fully until it turns itself OFF.
    • Plug your phone into a charger and, without turning it ON, let it charge 100%.
    • Unplug your charger and switch the phone ON
    • If the battery is not showing 100%, charge with the phone ON till its 100%
    • Unplug your phone and restart it. If the battery is still not showing 100%, charge again with the phone ON till its 100%. Repeat this till it’s 100%.
    • Now, let your battery discharge all the way down to 0 percent and let your phone turn off again.
    • Fully charge the battery one more time without interruption.
    Remember that it is not recommended to perform this process very frequently.

You may also try to Backup all you data and Factory reset the device as mentioned below,
    • Update all apps from Play store to latest version.
    • Charge the battery to 100%
    • Boot in recovery Mode and delete cache.
    • Factory reset the device.
    • Fresh install apps from PlayStore and update them to the latest version.

Do let the device to settle for a day or two and check battery performance ... !!!

9. F_Prakash_Mucherla_ZPGA
    Cupcake Mar 9, 2017

10. F_Pedro_Henrique_Corrêa
    Eclair Mar 9, 2017

11. deannotdin
    Donut Mar 9, 2017

12. Nimrodiny
    Gingerbread Mar 9, 2017

13. Krishnasoujith25
    Froyo Mar 9, 2017

Krishnasoujith25 , Mar 9, 2017 :
    Off smart wifi and other stuff in wifi settings ur battery life would be back plz like my solution so that i could help other people if the problem is solved with the oneplus

14. vishal8398
    Eclair Mar 9, 2017

vishal8398 , Mar 9, 2017 :
    Settings > battery> three dots in upper right corner>aggressive doze mode>turn it on and select the apps you don't want to go into hibernation
    You will notice the change in battery life

15. Pranav_Pendharkar
    Gingerbread Mar 9, 2017

Pranav_Pendharkar , Mar 9, 2017 :
    it's being said that the battery life in 7.1.1 is quite good ! whereas for 4.0.3 I think it's something with the OS . let's wait for the official 4.0.4 update and hope everything turns out well.
    PS - I use 4.0.3 as well :p

16. ssharadh
    Cupcake Mar 9, 2017

ssharadh , Mar 9, 2017 :
    mine is also heating and draining battery very fast as well as phone gets really slow after half a day of usage

17. lmanocha
    Cupcake Mar 9, 2017

18. G_Daniel_K_zfmf
    Cupcake Mar 9, 2017

G_Daniel_K_zfmf , Mar 9, 2017 :
    I think Oneplus decreased the battery capacity in the 4.0.3 to aproximately 2500-2600 mAh. I think they did it to prevent issues like they were on the Note 7 with the battery..