1. promatter Cupcake Jul 7, 2017

promatter, Jul 7, 2017 :
    same with me on my OP3 :-(

2. promatter Cupcake Jul 7, 2017

promatter, Jul 7, 2017 :
    Yes please. let me know what you did.

3. thisizjp Cupcake Jul 7, 2017

thisizjp, Jul 7, 2017 :
    i have also that issue.. specially while using potrait mode..

4. Toughtoget Cupcake Jul 15, 2017

Toughtoget, Jul 15, 2017 :
    I have ever got the same issue. And this has started only since last two weeks. I have had this phone for 6 months now.
    The symptoms have taken up like slow disease. Earlier moving camera from one object to another brought the focus back but now what ever you do, it just doesn't focus.

schumiinc likes this.
  5. schumiinc Eclair Jul 15, 2017

schumiinc, Jul 15, 2017 :
    No man. I have it also. It started after update 4.1.6. A lot of people have and there are some instigators that keep saying it's HW...

6. schumiinc Eclair Jul 15, 2017

schumiinc, Jul 15, 2017 :
    It manifested in the same way with mine OP3. Exactly as you describe.

7. DaneMcBane Cupcake Jul 16, 2017

DaneMcBane, Jul 16, 2017 :
    Same problem here...
    Right after update 4.1.6 camera malfunctioned... Blurry images, lens keeps searching, but never finds the right focus. Sometimes it focusses right when I gently shake my phone. You here what seems to be a clicking noise.
    Reported to Oneplus, they recommended a full factory reset, a side load and so on. Nothing worked, problem remained the same.
    I contacted OP again after all these steps...
    I explained I tried a full factory reset, a sideload,...
    They said it had to be a hardware problem and that I could better send my phone back for repair.
    As a last resort I couldn't do much else. He asked my ordernr to check my warranty, which was OK. After much explaining I agreed with sending my phone back. All of a sudden he said: “You are welcome, thank you for choosing oneplus, have a great day!” haha WTF?
    I asked if he wasn’t making a RMA.
    Then this question pops up: “I see, but did you try the hard reset already?”
    I just literally explained every step I went through including a bloody hard reset!
    After telling him to get his shit together, I asked if he was 100% sure it wasn’t a bug in the new update.
    He answered that that might be the problem and that OP was working on some problems in a new update, coming out this month.
    For fucks sake, am I talking to a robot with standard answers?? You just never get confirmation.
    Nothing else to do than wait for this update I guess.
    It’s already the third issue in 6 months time.
    Had to figure everything out myself.

8. starfury6 Cupcake Jul 27, 2017

starfury6, Jul 27, 2017 :
    Anyone got any updates for this issue? Seems to be causing a huge amount of people a problem. Camera on the phone is essentially unusable. Anyone tried the oxygenOS beta?

9. gavinsealmedia Cupcake Jul 29, 2017

gavinsealmedia, Jul 29, 2017 :
    Same issue, same poor customer service options (reset, etc.), including repeated solutions from multiple CSRs. Thanks for posting everyone! Won't waste money sending it out just yet...

10. G_akshay_madan_liSe Cupcake Jul 30, 2017

G_akshay_madan_liSe, Jul 30, 2017 :
    I had a chat with oneplus Customer Support and I was instructed to do a hard reset. Firstly remove the google account and open the phone in recovery mode. wipe cache data and reset settings.
    The camera will be fixed and good as new. Worked for me.
    Hope it helps

PS- Factory reset is different. For this you have to go in recovery mode and then wipe cache data and other setting.
    TE]

11. Maxim Rabau Cupcake Aug 6, 2017

Maxim Rabau, Aug 6, 2017 :
    I have this problem too... I shake my phone and tap the side to get it focusing, and sometimes fatser than other times, it focuses but not for long... It's really annoying and i want it fixed. Hoping for an update or the solution here somewhere.

12. Skatan Cupcake Aug 7, 2017

Skatan, Aug 7, 2017 :
    Same problem here. Issues started after an update. Does anyone from Oneplus give a shit about this problem? The camera is unusable.

13. stonedofmoo Cupcake Aug 8, 2017

stonedofmoo, Aug 8, 2017 :
    Another user here with the same issue and I wish I had seen this thread earlier because I just fitted a new rear camera into my Oneplus 3 last night only to find exactly the same issue.

Like you guys this issue only started following the OS update.

14. falexbr Cupcake Aug 9, 2017

falexbr, Aug 9, 2017 :
    I had the same issue. So I replaced my camera last week and it's working perfectly now. It took me about 30 minutes.

15. watchEm Cupcake Aug 9, 2017

watchEm, Aug 9, 2017 :
    My girlfriend's OP3 and mine now got this problem. We sent her for repairs and they shipped it and fixed it for free so I'm doing the same with mine. This is a hardware problem so it's nothing you as a user caused. In the EU you as a costumer get 2 years warranty on hardware problems so use that. Don't know about laws outside EU but as I said before it's nothing you caused so they should fix it for free.

16. Hudson Black Cupcake Aug 11, 2017

Hudson Black, Aug 11, 2017 :
    These snapchat geofilters on FineFilterz.com don't have any issue with any update, check it out

17. warlockuk Cupcake Aug 17, 2017

warlockuk, Aug 17, 2017 :
    I've got the same on mine. Had it since release, close range focus seems to go in focus for a fraction of a second and then blur. I think the auto-focus has been messed up in an update.
    Using the cameraZoom camera it's absolutely perfect. Onboard camera app is bollocks. It's the app.

18. pagariyaalok Cupcake Aug 23, 2017

pagariyaalok, Aug 23, 2017 :
    I'm having the same issue. I bought it a year back and started seeing this from last 2 months. reset didnt help. Raise a service request with OnePlus. Let's see how it goes.

19. pagariyaalok Cupcake Aug 23, 2017

pagariyaalok, Aug 23, 2017 :
    same experience :) going for RMA as warranty period is about to end. started happening from last 2 months. were you able to fix this ?

20. barn606 Cupcake Aug 24, 2017

barn606, Aug 24, 2017 :
    same issue since the update, using the camerazoom app from play seems to help (though dont like the app and is a little slow ) any idea when the next os update will be out too fix this issue ?