Camera

[OP3] Camera focus issue

1. Skatan Cupcake Aug 24, 2017

Skatan, Aug 24, 2017 :
    Had the same problem since the update. Seems OnePlus does not care about this issue. Mentioned this forum thread several times on their Facebook. There are several threads on this forums mentioning the same issue. No response from OP. They should stop advertising that they are listening to their customers. Waiting for the next update (hope it comes soon). If this turns out to be a hardware issue that affects so many users than I'll send my phone in for repair (second time with my OP3) and will not be a OP client again.

Chetanra likes this.
  2. lae Cupcake Aug 25, 2017

lae, Aug 25, 2017 :
    Had the same issue. Any updates for those who fixed the issue already. Would glad if you can help me. Pleasee

3. hagaibenyehiel Cupcake Aug 29, 2017

hagaibenyehiel, Aug 29, 2017 :
    There is any solution for this issue? This issue started to happen for me in the last week... Oneplus 3 oxygen 4.1.6

4. raantje Cupcake Aug 29, 2017

raantje, Aug 29, 2017 :
    After reading this post i called again with the costumer support and they agreed, i have now two years warranty!!! In the first phone call they said one year and the repair will cost me €31,73 and now its for free. (i hope) But it depends on the service centre, is it damage caused by myself then they will bill me. I ' am sure that this in not the case. I will inform you how this will end.

5. Amrit Singh777 Cupcake Sep 18, 2017

Amrit Singh777, Sep 18, 2017 :

6. jpille Cupcake Sep 25, 2017

7. Onepluscjrc Cupcake Sep 29, 2017

jpille likes this.
  8. Dcshel Cupcake Oct 26, 2017

Dcshel, Oct 26, 2017 :
    *RESOLVED THE PROBLEM MYSELF*
    I had the same problem! I was about to send mine in after calling support and having it stuck in infinity focus even after doing a factory reset. :-( ... so as a last ditch effort, I took off my case and firmly wacked the camera part of the phone on my hand with 3 really hard slaps. Whamo! The lens is now back to focusing! lol Time will tell if this is just a temporary fix or permanent. try it out.

janguv and G_Michael_W_dKCu like this.
  9. Dcshel Cupcake Oct 26, 2017

Dcshel, Oct 26, 2017 :
    But This looks to be the actual cause...So I may end up pulling it open and shimming the camera with a paperclip like this to keep it working! Thanks for the extra tip!

jpille likes this.
  10. G_Michael_W_dKCu Cupcake Nov 7, 2017

G_Michael_W_dKCu, Nov 7, 2017 :
    Tnx ! Now My works as well :)

11. merualpa Cupcake Nov 8, 2017

merualpa, Nov 8, 2017 :
    Yes same issue with my device after recent update.....

12. janguv Honeycomb Nov 13, 2017

janguv, Nov 13, 2017 :
    How long did that solution last for?

13. sholiday Gingerbread Nov 14, 2017

sholiday, Nov 14, 2017 :
    This adding paper clip solution only works one to three days in my case, now no more working.

I just received my 2nd rear camera part yesterday, see if I have time to replace it tonight,
    & hope this one fix the problem.

14. sholiday Gingerbread Nov 15, 2017

sholiday, Nov 15, 2017 :
    I had replaced the rear camera last night myself, took me 40 minutes, and now the focus problem resolved.

15. Ashish_Barad Donut Nov 28, 2017

sholiday likes this.
  16. Chetanra Cupcake Jun 18, 2018

Chetanra, Jun 18, 2018 :
    I am having the same issue, did my factory reset still no improvement. Is there any other solution apart from going to the service centre ?

17. Sun90 Starting Point Expert Jun 18, 2018

Sun90, Jun 18, 2018 :
    Install 3rd party camera apps from play store and see if the same issue persists.
    If it does then you have to visit a service center.

18. Chetanra Cupcake Jun 18, 2018

Chetanra, Jun 18, 2018 :
    I am facing it with snapchat, WhatsApp, Retrica , Normal camera. It started 2 updates back. Manual and automation focus both doesn't work

19. alex black Cupcake Jul 6, 2018

alex black, Jul 6, 2018 :
    I have Oneplus 3. And now I have this focus problem.
    This issue has been laid in past update. One of past update contains wrong minimum current consumption for camera (looks like it). I'am not sure yet if it was done on purpose.
    But, WTF @OnePlus ???
    We need update for resolve this camera focus problem! Please.

20. Doko05 Froyo Jul 8, 2018

Doko05, Jul 8, 2018 :
    Same issue for me with my OP3 back camera. Right after update my camera had issues focusing and it finally stopped focusing all together. OP3 service tells me i need to send it over to repair and the cost is USD $45 just for the rear camera part without including the repair cost... WTF ?! Major disappointment with One Plus. It looks like they purposely messed up our cameras to try and boost their OP 6 phone sales. Extremely disappointed with their service when it is One Plus' fault for breaking the camera after this latest update !!!!