OP3 Camera Focus Solved!!!!

1. ANNY PATIL
    Eclair Oct 22, 2019

ANNY PATIL , Oct 22, 2019 :
    Hey Everyone OnePlus 3 camera issue sucks.
    It loss focus.

Truly I find a solution

Use Small magnet just like it sticks on refrigerator.

On back of your phone camera just rough upward
    And Boom Focus Come Back

for more in depth Watch my Video

2. G_Siddharth_Patil_ZsmY
    Honeycomb Oct 23, 2019

ghostofcain likes this.
  3. Paschfire
    KitKat Oct 23, 2019

Paschfire , via OnePlus 3T Gunmetal , Oct 23, 2019 :
    Your supposed "solution" I would not recommend, ever. Placing any magnets that closely to the devices internal eMMC chip is very foolish imho, you could actually destroy the memory HW of the devices internal components.

This is actually commonly known and widely reported HW defect of 3/3T devices, the rear camera looses the ability to focus, or fails to function completely.

... Also note, SW updates have nothing to do with the camera issue(s), so if the issue became apparent after an update to OOS, it's nothing more than pure coincidence

I suggest you try clearing the App Data for the camera app from within System Settings. Failing that, if the issue persist after factory resetting the device, take or send your device into a OnePlus service center to have the rear camera module replaced.

In the future try use the forums search to find answers to commonly asked questions, before creating unnecessary threads like this one. You will likely also find the solution faster than waiting for someone else providing one.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019 at 4:41 PM

fatrophy likes this.
  4. U1531067786100
    Froyo Oct 25, 2019

U1531067786100 , Oct 25, 2019 :
    It's fine cause he didn't damage the device and he solved the camera focus issue.

5. farridm
    Eclair Nov 9, 2019 at 1:12 PM

farridm , Nov 9, 2019 at 1:12 PM :
    I have not been able to get my Oneplus 3T to focus at all. I tried this magnet solution and I am now having some success with still a little effort but at least I can take photos again.

To erase memory you would have to have a very strong magnet and have it rest on the phone for some time. This solution provided is mere seconds.

6. Paschfire
    KitKat Nov 9, 2019 at 1:49 PM

Paschfire , via OnePlus 3T Gunmetal , Nov 9, 2019 at 1:49 PM :
    Yet replacing the camera module would be a permanent solution without chances of destroying the device HW.

Bouncer71 likes this.
  7. farridm
    Eclair Nov 9, 2019 at 2:25 PM

farridm , Nov 9, 2019 at 2:25 PM :
    for the age of the phone they would have to offer free Repair which I doubt they would do on a phone this old. for the price they may charge I would rather just keep it as a backup and use that money for a newer Oneplus or other.

8. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Nov 9, 2019 at 4:16 PM

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019 at 4:49 PM

9. farridm
    Eclair Nov 9, 2019 at 11:40 PM

farridm , Nov 9, 2019 at 11:40 PM :
    Mine seems to be working again . Thanks for the magnet idea it seems to have fixed the problem . I did the magnet trick a second time with a slightly stronger magnet and it's much better .

Amazingly I did not damage my device like some people are paralysed with fear of doing .