OP3 Charging cable

1. Jaylouz
    Froyo Mar 1, 2019

Jaylouz , Mar 1, 2019 :
    1551476338745.jpg
    So this just happened, or I realized it today. My standard OP3 charging cable that I've kept in pristine condition for >2 years now. Is it still possible to use it? Or should I get rid of it. Seems kind of sketchy to use it... It's so odd as well, never bent it right there and looks dark right in that spot. Overheated?

2. Logancd1
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 1, 2019

Logancd1 , Mar 1, 2019 :
    Looks to me like the silicon outer layer just broke. It should be safe to use if you're careful, but if you want a new cable, this will work perfectly, and the new flat cable design should be more durable as well: https://www.oneplus.com/oneplus-fast-charge-type-c-cable

Jaylouz and Hydra Bob like this.
  3. Hydra Bob
    Marshmallow Mar 1, 2019

Hydra Bob , Mar 1, 2019 :
    Slap some electrical tape on there and it should be fine. Just try not to flex the cable too much in that spot. But any OnePlus dash charge cable will work if you want to replace it.

4. Jaylouz
    Froyo Mar 1, 2019

Jaylouz , Mar 1, 2019 :
    Thinking I might do so. But it's weird, never bent it right there, so close to the end. Well thanks!

5. Never Subtle
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 2, 2019

Never Subtle , Mar 2, 2019 :
    Mine is like that. Its been plugged in, in the same place, since day one. The only time it moves is when it gets dusted, which isn't as often as it should. It's still working fine.
    Just looked at the picture again, it's the other end of mine.