OP3 is it worth and there's any issues with this device?

?

Should I buy it?

1. Yes, it's totally worth!

118 vote(s)
    89.4%
  2. No, it's horrible!

14 vote(s)
    10.6%
  1. M05K
    Donut Sep 21, 2016

M05K , Sep 21, 2016 :
    Hello everyone!

I'm looking forward to buy and OP3, but I want to ask some questions to the community first!

- Theres any battery/heating/perfomance issues with this device?

- I saw some threads where they say the microphone of this phone is terrible, it is true?

- Is it unlock? It will it worth with any SIM region card? Like mine it's portuguese.

Thanks everyone!

Ceasedd likes this.
  2. KforHorizon
    KitKat Sep 21, 2016

KforHorizon , Sep 21, 2016 :
    1) No issues with the performance/battery/heating issues.

2) Mic is not terrible at all. It is usable but needs to be improved.

3) yes you can use this with any nano GSM sim. CDMA doesn't work I think..I haven't tried!

TIP : look for uneven shading on the display when you get your device.if you think the display is okay then great!
    Look at a white wallpaper and a grey one to see if there are any shading issues..like half the screen has a green tint and half has a purple tint.

3. Renesco
    Donut Sep 21, 2016

Renesco , Sep 21, 2016 :
    This is a wonderfull phone but take note. If anything breaks down you are going to regret buying it. The support is tragic. I have no other words to describe it. My OP3 camera broke down and i sent my phone over a month ago for repair, untill now i know nothing new but that they are waiting for parts.
    If you happen to get a fully working device and be lucky enough to have it running without problems than this is one of the best phones on the market but god save you from this company's support.

4. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Sep 21, 2016

Dunnow , Sep 21, 2016 :
    Itz not worth.

Camera is subpar. Cheaper phones allow you more (Nexus 6p is a good example)

Battery has never been actually good for the ammount of mah this phones have. Most users will tell you exagerated things as 8h SoT. But those are not syncing anything to google like photos, contacts, books nor use youtube or spotify. Plus, theres always been processes listed as OxygenOS in battery that get stuck and make your phone never get to sleep. Like, 2h of cpu usage and the phone at 60°C...

The software team is ONLY fast to "update" while the phone is the flagship. Once they launch another product say bye to updates, ask OP2 and OPX users...

Not to mention that they were one of the ones who took waay too much time to change from android 5 to 6.

The only good thing you have is that you dont void warranty (as customitzation is not that good... Single devs maintain roms with way better customitzation options), but that serves no purpose as roms for this phone are shit since they dont share proper sources and nothing runs properly as the HW could allow. Not to mention horrendous customer support that seem to have the IQ of a 5 year old.

Hell... They took 1 year and 2 devices to enable recording 1080p with 60fps... And NFC...

Dont allow other to fool you. The 820 SoC is nice, but the OS is not as fast as others would be if you gave the industry time to adopt it.

The 6gb of ram is a gimmick and 2 of them are not even being used at all.

For what you pay, you could get better phones. Seriously. Even last gen phones are better options, as, even when tey are not faster (obviously) they provide a way better user exoerience.

Nexus 6p will make better photos and videos (and slow mo at 240! Yaaay!), Update way faster, have better support and more custom roms to play with. It also have better overall performance and way waaaaaaay better screen with qHD.

Galaxy 6s same as above, smaller form factor, takes a while to get updates but they work as intended from the start (read bluetooth, ois sis and other issues in OP phones...) And less custom roms (but why would u want them when the phone just works fine out of the box)

Those are just 2 options, huawei also has awsome products out there with way better specs and cameras and bluetooths that work out of the box.

People will call me a hater, but ive been here long enough to see shit happen. Just search bluetooth op3 and see... Or photospheres op2 panorama op2 bluetooth op2... I kniw those are issues op2 had, but are clear examples on what to expect from this company.

Remember "works well for me" means shit. As no one else will use the phone like you would.

hitzilla and Shuller like this.
  5. Dunnow

Dunnow , Sep 21, 2016 :
    At least wait up until Google presents the new line and see how the actual one drops a bit more. See how people is starting to say "its good but..."

Hw issues, like screen, not working ois, fingerprint that just stops working...

And then send it to chinese third party (because its not op doing rma and shit like that), shipping at YOUR expenses btw. And then wait for parts... Ha... A phone company without parts?

They dont even know what to do. The default answer from cs is format your device.

There you go. Lose all your data for stuff that i solved in 4 clicks to other users in this forums...

Shuller likes this.
  6. gringoboy
    Lollipop Sep 21, 2016

gringoboy , Sep 21, 2016 :
    Lol. You've bought an OP3 after all your crying?

7. SoniaB
    Head Moderator, Community Hero 2020 Head Moderator Sep 21, 2016

SoniaB , Sep 21, 2016 :
    The main 3rd party repair service used by OnePlus is Aravato and EU wide, they are based in several locations.
    As for shipping at "your expense" well that happens if its an out of warranty repair.
    For example, a broken screen. Repair centre quote a price to fix, customer does not want to proceed at that price and wants device returned, they pay for the shipping costs back.

As for the waiting on parts, no argument there. From what I have seen on the forum, this is happening quite a bit and IMO needs to be addressed.

josefn24, Vinkel, Andrizzy R and 3 others like this.
  8. JonnyTenny
    Eclair Sep 21, 2016

JonnyTenny , Sep 21, 2016 :
    I'm very surprised by this post - please take a look at some other forums also (this one will likely be biased!) Like Android Central Forums, where many people have compared their OP3 to the Nexus 6P and found that having almost the same size of screen (5.5in vs 5.7in) in a smaller phone has made for a much better phone to hold, that the 3000MAh battery lasts longer in this even than devices with larger batteries (I'm very confused that Dunnow would say that the 3000MAh battery is not good even vs. other 3000MAh phones when this phone has beaten phones with bigger batteries in many tests :) )

Add on the fact you've got amazing software with an awesome SoC providing top-of-the-line performance and two - count'em, two! Sony camera sensors (which is why the camera is so awesome, just look at the examples people share!) And this adds up to an outstanding phone.

9. gringoboy
    Lollipop Sep 21, 2016

He doesn't even have it lol. He just has butthurt from the OP2. And he has given you some inaccurate info also to suit his agenda.

10. jkb114
    Lollipop Sep 21, 2016

jkb114 , Sep 21, 2016 :
    That's @Dunnow to a 't' really.

Ceasedd, Mr. BG and gringoboy like this.
  11. Dunnow

Dunnow , Sep 21, 2016 :
    Camera on OP3 is awsome?
    I guess you did not record video, where the OIS is pure utter shit, and the focus goes crazy right?

you know, you people accepting subpar standards is the issue here. A still shot from a 180€ phone has better focusing than an OP3 with it's fancy 4k.

Focus gets recalculated every few seconds, that is a FACT, has been discussed in this forums way too many times to tell me that this devices have good camera performance.

OP3 is also UNDER and OVER exposing shots. Again, subpar standards from all of you, it's clarely noticable on red colors. Not to mention how much compressed the pictures are... which, once again, per the nature of jpeg compression, fucks up the red tones even more.

OP3 has "good" battery performance compared to any other 3000mah phone because those phones have qHD screens and not average pentile 1080 ones. Which is not even true 1080p. But about 960p screens.

Speaking about facts, like, bad camera perfromance, BT issues with cars, and how this company works overall, is not related to OP2 or if i'm "butthurt" or not. Facts are facts, and you here are all a bunch of fanboys that cannot accept that other phones at the same price range offer more and better.

And fast is NOT better. Again, Nexus 6p any time any day over op3, just the camera performance its all needed to notice how far apart are these phones. It doesnt matter if it takes .2s more for the nexus 6p to load the camera, when the focus and color accuracy is 10 times better on that device.

Sure, says all the people that defend the broken bootloader wipe on OOS without being right...

Why don't you go and read about the issues of the phone instead of just entering the "oh this phone is so marvelous" ones?

There's TONS of issues that have already raised...

The phone does not even do 60fps on video officially and slow motion is just blurry all the time. and just at 120fps...

Bluetooth fails to connect to many car brands, which does not happen with other major brands, are you also denying that? or are you denying the fact that OnePlus took more time to update to Android 6 than even Samsung took?

All those things are facts... it's not about if I like or not like a ******* device, it's reality, there, in plain sight.

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/op3-bluetooth.464663/
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/bluetooth-and-widget-problems-with-op3.460591/
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/major-issues-with-bluetooth-streaming-in-car-op3.457197/
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/bluetooth-pairing-issues-with-op3-oxygenos-3-2-1.455226/
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/...with-car-audio-problems-on-my-new-op3.452818/
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/op3-bluetooth-rpoblems-still-there.450497/

I guess that all of this is just false information right?

And you will also deny that this company took SIX months to even SEND contacts to BASIC bluetooth stacks on cars also? Are you seriously gonna deny me that?

And the video focussin issues that have been there SINE launch of OP2?

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/oos-3-0-video-focus-bug-permanent-refocusing.442629/ (and before anyone says old version of OS, this is STILL happening right now on latest build)

and a long etc.

12. gringoboy
    Lollipop Sep 21, 2016

I couldn't care less lol. I'm not buying it. But your post is just plain butthurt as usual, talking about stuff you can't know and it's inaccurate And just go search. You'll find the same shit for almost every phone lol. The 6P has plenty of issues, including your beloved 810 that you bought. And you call me a fanboy? That's the default response when you're wrong. Deal with it.

Diezano, Spelt, Ceasedd and 4 others like this.
  13. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Sep 21, 2016

theshinybeast , Sep 21, 2016 :
    [​IMG]

iomollie and gringoboy like this.
  14. Dunnow

Dunnow , Sep 21, 2016 :
    You know, not having the phone in my hands does not change the OUTCOME of the video and photos of the device, I just gotta go to specialitzed websites were they provide custom tests on performance and compare the results there. Same pictures taken on different phones. And video issues are obvious, what will CHANGE of my opinions the fact if I HAVE the phone in my hands or not?

Please, enlighten me... as focus will still be broken. And bluetooth will STILL have issues. And OnePlus will still be slow updating android versions. And CS will still be crap.

Tell me, what's the difference exactly if I own or not the phone?

Things I can't know? How come I can't know them? I do 10x the research any of you do before forming any opinion on anything.

And the fact that OIS and video focuis still fails after more than a year and that 2 different devices (3 with the OPX actually) still have issues with it speaks loudly about this company.

You don't have to be a director nor a producer to accurately criticize a movie. Same thing here.

You are being a child, doing a rant on how I don't own the phone, but owning the phone does not change the reality of it.

Your default response when you are cornered is always that "i don't care, you don't have this phone" even when I'm not even talking about the phone itself, but about how the company works and treats the issues that users report.

15. Dunnow

Dunnow , Sep 21, 2016 :
    well @M05K it's your choice, in this thread will only be fanboys telling you and me and others that I'm ranting and being butthurt. It's your choice, I've given you an honest opinion, with actually non baised points that you can check yourself. I'm telling you, Nexus 6p (and provably both of the new Google Pixel phones) would be a better pick for overall performance, consistency and quality.

The phone is definetly underperforming for the price it has. And people here are just baised and cannot even go and accept factual information that you can confirm by just looking at video samples and picture comparations and other sutff.

It's your pick. I would deffinetly prefer getting updates direcrlt from google and being able to record at 240fps slow mo than having focus issues, bluetooth issues, unexpected things that stop working on each update (there was one update that disabled the laser focusing on all devices! can you believe that?!)

Just read, and as the link in my signature says, what you should look at it's the negative feedback, and how the company reacts to it. That is the important part of anything.

When OP4 its launched, you will get ******, and no other update will come for months. That is another fact. Your choice. just think carefully, 820 is an amazin SoC, but many other phones will use it in the next year, you might want to wait and see what other companies offer you, because for 400€ this phones is 100% not worth it. For that price other phones even offer object tracking focus in the camera... Just think about this kind of things, it's about what other charge you for way more than this phone delivers in comparation.

Remember, even an s6 does better video and photos than an OP3, WITH 60fps by default already. OP3 does not offer any of those, not 60fps, not proper focus, not proper exposure, not proper compression (photos that should takr 4 megs take 2... that's how much compression they apply) and no proper slow mo...

plus really slow updates.

16. Kirakichi
    Jelly Bean Sep 21, 2016

Kirakichi , Sep 21, 2016 :
    1) No heat issue if you dont attempt to do abnormal stuff such as plugging to an any wallbrick that has unstable circuit or using another adapter or using it until it dies where it can be problematic very rarely.

There is no battery drain that drains randomly, it happened me once where as i sleept, for an hour or so it drained quickly 5-8% while screen was off and it was no in awake mode (battery settings log shows so) but since then it never happened and i did not notice any heat.

Actually, this phone runs cooler than any device i used, if u owned galaxy S5, then i should say this that it runs cooler than the S5!

Gaming is rather cool too because i never saw it go beyond 50-55 celcius while many devices surpass 60 celcius on maximum load with super (i mean REALLY SUPER HIGH END GAME such as assassins creed identity) and so far.

Edit: apologies, i clicked to submit accidentally, here is the further part of my comment.

The microphone is not the best but really, its good, its clear and passes EASILY on voice calls.

Its unlocked, any sim card works but if u live in USA, be alert that i think some operators use CDLMA thing, in my case if u live in USA, or Canada, do research if this phone supports your operators. if u live in europe, rest assured, same goes for non-europe countries.

Its bootloader is locked, when u receive phone before installing apps, unlock bootloader (it will wipe all apps, thats why i suggest u to open the bootloader first if u want to root in futute without loosing apps).

I never ever noticed issues with it.

YES U USE 6GB finally!
    Has NFC
    For price, it is unbeatable!

Super stable, reliable phone.

Battery is not the best, but is ok, with dash charge it gets from ok to good.

On wifi its good but in LTE or cellular data, its hmm... 30% faster discharge rate.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016

17. JonnyTenny
    Eclair Sep 21, 2016

JonnyTenny , Sep 21, 2016 :
    Weird, I've had absolutely no problems with focusing, the phone is spot on. Also, like in previous phones I've had, I change the exposure manually as no phones get the exposure automatically the way I like it :)

Also - my OP3 synced with my car out of the box and I bought the phone when it first came out, it was awesome! :) worked absolutely perfectly, with no drop-outs.

Loving the fact that there are two streams of OTA's by way of public builds and community builds and I don't even need to root the phone, nobody else offering that, currently running the latest community build and it's great, even get OTA's for what is not a public build, just awesome. Not to mention the updates are waaaay more regular than with my Samsungs/HTCs/LGs and other brands I've owned, plus I've been running the 1st September Android Security patch level for a week or so, how up to date is that?

You've mentioned about the OnePlus 2, but it already looks like the OP3 is being kept way more up to date than that device ever was :) given the company is growing, changing and improving with each generation, it would be a fallacy to look at the history and say "that's the way it currently is." Just my two (logical) cents :)

gringoboy likes this.
  18. Kareem Hussaini
    Froyo Sep 21, 2016

Kareem Hussaini , Sep 21, 2016 :
    I can't help but be biased towards the OnePlus 3, because I fell in love with it at first sight. I know the phone has issues, but I will still buy it. Why?
    I don't really care if the camera isn't as good, Bluetooth doesn't work properly, and the display is a pentile one. As long as the phone is fast, the pictures are okay, the battery lasts long enough, audio is good, and it receives good wi-fi and network signals, I'm okay with it.

What should you do? Ask yourself how much you can live with, settle for (this is intentional, haha)?
    If you're fine with those problems, if you want to try something new, if you think you can, and want to tinker with the phone's bootloader, flash ROMs etc., then you should go for this.
    I know it has some problems with wi-fi, so when I order mine, I'll keep it under close observation. If I somehow fall out of love with this phone, I'll return it within the 14 day trial period.
    Let's see who gets the phone first, shall we?

19. gringoboy
    Lollipop Sep 21, 2016

Yet you bought the OP2? How does that work? I didn't, from basic reading about the 810 and from knowing what OP were like. You should improve your research techniques. I know a great site called Google. Try it out. :)

iomollie, jaspreet05, Joyyy and 3 others like this.
  20. gringoboy
    Lollipop Sep 21, 2016

Your best one yet lol. You can't even express yourself without sounding like an angry wee girl. Hypocrisy.

I read all the same crap from people like you about the OPO for a long time. Yet here I am typing on it to you after 2 years and it's still going strong, as is My Mrs., even though she's using the 5X now. Personal experience counts over butthurt people with continental-sized agendas. Comprende?

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016