OP3 wifi dead after dropping in toilet!

1. Jebusfreek666
    Gingerbread May 17, 2018

Jebusfreek666 , May 17, 2018 :
    Recently dropped my OP3 in the toilet like an idiot.... Stupid hoodie pocket... Anyways, it was perfectly fine off the bat. I pulled it apart, threw it in some rice for a day, and put it back together. Everything was good. But then it started to develop some issues. The first one was that the phone got stuck in do not disturb mode, no matter what position i put the slider in. I replaced the vibration motor, ribbon, and slider assembly and it solved that issue. The next issue was that the wifi no longer works. It is still able to see networks, but immediately goes to "saved" instead of connected or failed. I have tried this on many networks, and have tried to use the phone as a hotspot. Nothing works. So this is obviously a hardware issue. I replaced the signal cable (internal antenna), but this did not work. I assume the wifi is built into the main board, so there is nothing I can do to fix that except replace the main board right? Does anyone know if the mainboard ribbon has anything to do with the wifi? Would like to try replacing that first since they are cheap, unless it will absolutely not fix anything.

2. sammboi101
    Honeycomb May 17, 2018

sammboi101 , May 17, 2018 :
    you shouldn't have used the phone while it's still wet, this means that there is still moisture in the phone and the liquid is touching other conectots inside or you have some moisture moisture damage to the pcb board, try using silicone gel and put the phone with silicone beads in a warm location so the moisture can properly condensate, I recommend three days, if this doesn't solve the problem you have damaged your pcb board

3. Jebusfreek666
    Gingerbread May 17, 2018

Jebusfreek666 , May 17, 2018 :
    It's been a month since it happened. I thought the 24+ hours in rice did the trick. But, I think whatever damage was going to be done has been done. Don't know that silicon can fix it now. But I could give it a whirl. Do you happen to have a link to the gel and beads you're talking about? And how do you use the gel?

4. sammboi101
    Honeycomb May 17, 2018

sammboi101 , May 17, 2018 :
    sounds like firmware corruption from water damage, just flash firmware on your phone it may fix the problem you face :)