#OP3EuroTour – London Recap

1. Matt G. Froyo Jul 20, 2016

Matt G., Jul 20, 2016 :
    Hello Friends!

After Manchester greeted us with some rather wet and windy weather, we had umbrellas at the ready for London. But as the bus pulled in to Ely's Yard, just a few minutes walk away from our London office, the sun was beaming down and it was time to break out the sunglasses.

Ely's Yard is a bustling corner of the Shoreditch area, near to the famous Old Truman Brewery and filled with delicious street food, fine craft beers, and artisan coffee shops. It was encouraging to see that the area was already pretty busy when we began setting up the bus. It wasn't long before we had fans queuing up, eager to make sure they'd get their own tour t-shirts, with plenty of people passing by stopping to enquire about the bus and what we were doing. The Dash Charge station that we'd had to put away up north stood proudly outside the bus on this occasion, with the outdoor display devices kept cool by the gazebo.

Once again, we found ourselves nestled in amongst no fewer than four PokeStops, and given the app's propensity for eating battery life rather quickly, we encouraged Pokemon GO fans to come and find myself and @Adam Krisko, and share some of their top tips in exchange for a free Power Bank. Truthfully, Adam and I just wanted to improve our skills :D

Queue1.jpg

With the sunshine out, it was nice to see people flocking to the bus throughout the day, and for me personally it was lovely to be able to meet many of the fans who send in messages on the OnePlus UK social channels. It was also super cool to be able to livestream some of the event on Facebook Live (via OnePlus 3 of course), and a huge thank you to everyone who tuned in, gave us a bunch of likes and hearts, and asked some really good questions. It's something we're going to look to do in more cities along the way, so make sure you're following the OnePlus Espana page for streams from Madrid and Barcelona!

As the afternoon went on, the central area in the Yard filled with people taking a little break from the day to enjoy some drinks. Some joined the bus queue after they were done, while others sat down having been through the OnePlus 3 experience already, checking out their swag and topping up on PokeBalls.

Interior 1.jpg

We got a lot of feedback from people who'd seen the launch, really liked the look of the device but (understandably) wanted to feel it in person for themselves and hold it in their hands. And that's ultimately what the Euro Tour is all about – really allowing the OnePlus 3 to speak for itself, and for as many people as possible to experience it first-hand. To that end, it was inspiring and humbling to hear people describe it as "performing and feeling as good as it looks".

Again, enormous thanks to our amazing superfans, @obakesan, @Kinky, and @superplus (for the second city running!) for their invaluable help, and to everyone who visited the bus and tuned in to our social streams for the day. We had a wonderful time in London, thanks for being awesome.

Now, it's time to look ahead to Spain. We'll see you in Madrid tomorrow, folks!

Never Settle.

Find out when we'll be in your city here >>

2. Jitesh Saitawadekar KitKat Jul 20, 2016

rohitcraju likes this.
  3. domlogic Gingerbread Jul 20, 2016

4. superplus English POC Assistant Head Moderator Jul 20, 2016

superplus, Jul 20, 2016 :
    gotta catch 'em all :D:cool: ...I wish ;-p unfortunately the EuroTour ends here for me ;_; hope everyone else that can attend in Europe will have a blast!

5. Kinky Honeycomb Jul 20, 2016

6. sfomin Nougat Jul 20, 2016

sfomin, Jul 20, 2016 :
    if you are 12[​IMG][​IMG]

superplus likes this.
  7. keithnyc Lollipop Moderator Jul 20, 2016

superplus and pablofg1978 like this.
  8. pablofg1978 Spanish POC Assistant Head Moderator Jul 20, 2016

Matt G. and superplus like this.
  9. ian_hazell Donut Jul 20, 2016

ian_hazell, Jul 20, 2016 :
    Great day with mostly excellent weather, getting a feel of the OP3 was the only thing needed after seeing all the launch videos and reviews. Definitely made the correct decision to order my OP3, my second OP device. Great team working the tour bus very knowledgeable and informative people, especially @Matt G. Looking forward to the next Tour/Pop-up.

Matt G., obakesan and superplus like this.
  10. superplus English POC Assistant Head Moderator Jul 20, 2016

superplus, Jul 20, 2016 :
    how do you know I'm not [​IMG] [​IMG] anyway I meant all locations of the Euro Tour ;-p would be nice to be able to do the whole road trip ^_^

definitely! great day with awesome people :D wish you could've been there [​IMG]

glad to hear it! hope your OnePlus 3 reaches you soon :D enjoy!
    looking forward to the next event too :cool:

keithnyc, ian_hazell and obakesan like this.
  11. Tobikage Nougat Jul 20, 2016

Tobikage, Jul 20, 2016 :
    Not ever....even in your dreams....:p

12. Jitesh Saitawadekar KitKat Jul 21, 2016

Jitesh Saitawadekar, Jul 21, 2016 :
    Last night i had dream that OP did a tour to India :p i proved you wrong it happened in my dream ;)

Tobikage likes this.
  13. Tobikage Nougat Jul 21, 2016

Tobikage, Jul 21, 2016 :
    And their bus got stuck in traffic. :p

Jitesh Saitawadekar likes this.
  14. jkb114 Lollipop Jul 21, 2016

jkb114, Jul 21, 2016 :
    Wow, 2 cities in a row. Hope you enjoyed it!

superplus and Tobikage like this.
  15. Jitesh Saitawadekar KitKat Jul 21, 2016

Jitesh Saitawadekar, Jul 21, 2016 :
    It won't stuck in traffic :p it will stuck in water because it's rainy season in India :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: some what like this
    [​IMG]

Tobikage likes this.
  16. obakesan Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 21, 2016

obakesan, Jul 21, 2016 :
    Here here, It was great to meet @Adam Krisko, @superplus, @Matt G. and @Kinky and the others plus talking to fans and the public at large. Had a great time being part of something different and unique, hope to do it again soon. Thanks again.

superplus likes this.
  17. superplus English POC Assistant Head Moderator Jul 21, 2016

superplus, Jul 21, 2016 :
    definitely :cool: though there's others doing 2 cities in multiple countries ;-p and maybe more!

ditto :D

obakesan likes this.
  18. Kinky Honeycomb Jul 21, 2016

19. superplus English POC Assistant Head Moderator Jul 21, 2016

superplus, Jul 21, 2016 :
    alas [​IMG]

Kinky likes this.
  20. obakesan Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 21, 2016

obakesan, Jul 21, 2016 :
    :(