#OP3PeerReview - Time4Review - Audio

1. Espmodro
    Froyo Jun 23, 2016

Espmodro , Jun 23, 2016 :
    [​IMG]
    Hi All! My name is David Modroño, and I'm the creator of Time4Review platform, a spanish YouTube and Website focused on different tech. device gadgets. I'm one of the 30 chosen people that will bring you our personal point of view of the new brand OnePlus 3. Let's roll!
    Audio
    Firs of all, I'd like to say that I'm not even close to the knowledge that a proper audio reviewer should have. Thus, my thoughts on this part will be based on an average user, like you could be. That's also interesting, as my conclusions could me what you are also going to feel when hearing any audio from the OnePlus 3.

Speaker
    This is probably the most difficult audio part to be improved but also where there are more differences between different devices. The OnePlus 3 includes one speaker in the bottom of the device. This position is more and more common between smartphone manufacturers, and also a better position compared to the back. However, front facing speakers are still probably the best configuration for a better audio experience. Having a pair of them integrated in the front would have been just perfect.

[​IMG]

However, my experience with the integrated speaker has been so far quite positive. The audio quality is quite good, and also loud enough. Compared to an iPhone 6, I noticed that the bass is less apreciable on the OnePlus 3, but it's overall a good speaker.

3.5mm Jack Audio
    Apart from the integrated speaker, the most common audio source is the one of the 3.5mm jack. Here the differences between different devices are very difficult to distinguish unless you are an expert on this topic. There is a lot of difference when switching between a simple headphones and a good headphones, but when you are just changing the phone (and if both are on a similar price range) it turns out to be a complicated.

[​IMG]

Having said this, I can just comment that the position of the connector is a great decision (as the bottom is usually upwards in our pocket) and that the audio quality felt to me as good as using my older OnePlus 2. My setup is Google Music + default LG G4 headphones.

For me, quality was as good as I could expect.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2016

josefn24, meatandy and Linanc7 like this.
  2. Linanc7
    Lollipop Jun 23, 2016

Linanc7 , Jun 23, 2016 :
    Very nice, really enjoyed your camera review and am looking forward to your next thread

meatandy likes this.
  3. Espmodro
    Froyo Jun 23, 2016

Oh, thank you so much! I just added some opinion about the front facing camera, and also created a thread about the software (OxygenOS). This one is quite recommended :)

I'm just missing the "Grand Review", that is more like a conclusions post. I will create it (due to deadlines) but will probably complete it tomorrow.

Thank you for dedicating some time reading me :) It's appreciated!

meatandy and Linanc7 like this.
  4. Linanc7
    Lollipop Jun 23, 2016

Linanc7 , Jun 23, 2016 :
    You're welcome, I enjoy your posts very much. Did you make a battery thread, if so I missed it [​IMG]

meatandy likes this.
  5. Espmodro
    Froyo Jun 23, 2016

meatandy and Linanc7 like this.
  6. Linanc7
    Lollipop Jun 23, 2016

meatandy likes this.
  7. Espmodro
    Froyo Jun 23, 2016

I have included this menu in all the threads, so that it's easier to browse between them ;)

Linanc7 likes this.
  8. Linanc7
    Lollipop Jun 23, 2016

Linanc7 , Jun 23, 2016 :
    Very cool, I just finished reading your battery review and was wondering about the Doze functionality. Interesting that your battery life improved with each charging cycle, I noticed that after each update on that OPO.