[OP3T Q&A] Noob Friendly Q&A Help Thread - Ask Your Questions Here!!

1. Funk Wizard Lollipop Moderator Dec 3, 2016

Funk Wizard, Dec 3, 2016 :
    >>>>>>>>>> Welcome to OP3T Questions Answers & Troubleshooting:

>>>>>>>>>> Please feel free to Ask Away anything about your device :D

[​IMG]

There are no questions that are deemed insignificant

Helpful information for your device: Overview of the OnePlus 3T

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016

2. Funk Wizard Lollipop Moderator Dec 3, 2016

3. F_Martyn_Roberts_qkrV Eclair Dec 3, 2016

F_Martyn_Roberts_qkrV, Dec 3, 2016 :
    I've got a one plus 3t 128gb.
    I have root, Installed TWRP, super user and xposed. All on the day I got it and it's the first phone I've ever done that to.

I'm a bit worried about OTA updates especially when nougat drops as xposed doesn't work on nougat and Android pay doesn't work and neither does helium (formerly carbon) either. Helium keeps asking to put USB mode on photo sharing I do it but it doesn't detect it.

So can I still update OTA?
    How do I uninstall xposed? And also do I need to uninstall xposed?

Thanks!

4. Kian Asnaashari Eclair Dec 3, 2016

Kian Asnaashari, Dec 3, 2016 :
    Hi there,

My OP3t opens the 'recent APP' in about one second. I think this is very slow. I dont need mulitasking when it needs more time to open the 'recent app' screen than to restart the app. Every thing else is very fast. Unlock with fingerprint in less than a half second. Same experience? Is this configuration setup?

Regards,

Kian

5. terragady Cupcake Dec 3, 2016

terragady, Dec 3, 2016 :
    Hey, OP team said that they will do something to have a nice dev scene for 3T but i do not see anything like this. Will 3 custom roms be available for 3t? It will be weird to split people into 2 devices if they are actually almost the same. Why the roms are not compatible yet?

G_Shikhar_Uttam_aOzB and Satpal2 like this.
  6. ChinChinati Jelly Bean Dec 3, 2016

9qu, freiord, daive® and 10 others like this.
  7. OnePlus3CC Eclair Dec 3, 2016

OnePlus3CC, Dec 3, 2016 :
    Just found the Proximity sensor on my oneplus3t keeping flashing (red light) . is that normal?

8. Javi Lamas Gomez Eclair Dec 3, 2016

Javi Lamas Gomez, Dec 3, 2016 :
    Hello,
    I posted this on a different place, but maybe here I'll more lucky. I'm new in this forum and I didn't know how it works. I looked for something that had to do with my issue and I didn't realize the thread was for a different device. I also tried to open a thread but that's impossible when you're new to OnePlus.
    I got an answer from a moderator from the other thread that was kind of unsympathetic and I even think they blocked me or something, so I can't even excuse myself for bothering that person.
    As I said, I hope this time it'll be nicer.

The post was this:

Hello to all of you OnePlus owners and people at the forum,

I have just bought a OnePlus 3T and I'm quite happy with it. There's a few features that I miss and I'd like to ask for them, but now I'm concerned about an issue I have with the accent colours.
    I've been searching in the forum and I haven't found anything that has to do with this issue and I wanted to start a new thread, but being new in the forum you don't get the chance to do it to avoid spam, until I get five answers.
    I'm really sorry to post this here and if anyone knows a thread about it, please let me know and have mercy on my ignorance.
    The accent colors available to choose look very dim and washed out, and they don't seem to be very accurate regarding the name they have.
    The one that I find most striking is the "lemon yellow", which looks orange to me and not very vivid, live or intense...
    I have changed to sRGB and manual color and played with the brightness slider, but still the colors look very dull. I have taken screen shots and they look the same on my computer. The colors are really too soft and dull, and when the brightness is low sometimes it's really hard to read some text. Setting higher brightness values improves the readability but the tones don't change. Maybe it's just a design option, but I'm not sure... I expected something more vibrant.
    So is this a problem with the OxygenOS, the device or what? it shouldn't be the display itself, cause the colours look just as plain on my computer.
    I'll very thankful if anyone can help me out with this problem.
    Thank your for your attention and your help. I just hope this can be mended.

Screenshot_20161203-022152.png Screenshot_20161203-025507.png Screenshot_20161203-025516.png Screenshot_20161203-025546.png Screenshot_20161203-025559.png

And here are some data about my device:

Screenshot_20161203-025318.png Screenshot_20161203-025322.png

Thank you

9. G_Eric_Saucedo_FYMu Cupcake Dec 4, 2016

G_Eric_Saucedo_FYMu, Dec 4, 2016 :
    hi Eric. first timer.. lol I popped in my T-Mobile USA sim and so far so good I don't see any lack in speed but I'm curious as to how can I tell if I'm on their LTE network on the status bar? I've seen H+, 4G and 4G+. is 4G+ essentially LTE? I just wanna understand the icons thanks

10. knightmare69 Eclair Dec 4, 2016

knightmare69, Dec 4, 2016 :
    I can't turn the volume to vibrate with the volume buttons like I could on the op3 and I'm pretty sure I could with the op3t at first. But at a wedding yesterday I was unable to take my phone out to do so which led me to use the slider for the first time. After the wedding I put the slider back to the very bottom and tried to use the volume buttons to turn my ring to vibrate and it wouldn't.

Xeno_O likes this.
  11. marcopar Gingerbread Dec 4, 2016

marcopar, Dec 4, 2016 :
    i don't think the proximity can flash at all

dumb question, are you sure you are looking in the right place?

12. Lukypicture Froyo Dec 4, 2016

13. atomkiwi Donut Dec 4, 2016

luisgrangeia likes this.
  14. papolytic Gingerbread Dec 4, 2016

papolytic, Dec 4, 2016 :
    I put my 3t into a "loose" shirt pocket the other day, noticed the screen had come on, and was curious so took it out and it said something like "Enabled pocket mode.." . I seems a bit counter-intuitive.

Also, isn't there a notification led (is blue while charging) upper left on screen?

15. Funk Wizard Lollipop Moderator Dec 4, 2016

Funk Wizard, Dec 4, 2016 :
    Welcome to the oneplus family buddy. I will post the method to update as and when the OTA

For backup I recommend titanium backup as you are a rooted user.

Let me know if you need anything else.

16. FlirT Cupcake Dec 4, 2016

FlirT, Dec 4, 2016 :
    Hello!
    Why prices for OP3T are same in $ and € countries? For instance 439$ in the USA, and 439€ (or 480$) in Latvija or Estonia! It's a quite significant difference...

aristos_z, Thespina and Xeno_O like this.
  17. Funk Wizard Lollipop Moderator Dec 4, 2016

That is not acceptable, i hope you have not assigned long press recent or double tap recent function.
    Try clearing cache in recovery, might just help as my device is lightening fast and no such issues here.

G_Alec_Chappell_XqCj and Xeno_O like this.
  18. Funk Wizard Lollipop Moderator Dec 4, 2016

Its just a matter of time, its coming :D
    FYI: Custom kernels are already out and BTW OOS is not that bad to be honest. Just combine it with Xposed if you are a rooted user to get more functionality and the probabilities are infinite.

I just did and the first thing i did is to enable Multi-window and Goggle Assistant :D
    screener_20161205(004216).png

19. mayanks Jelly Bean Dec 4, 2016

mayanks, Dec 4, 2016 :
    Good to see this new model. i am switching back to Oneplus after using other mobiles for a while. This 12 dec is killing me. Wish i could get one sooner.

Pr@nav123 and Xeno_O like this.
  20. marco1309 Donut Dec 4, 2016

marco1309, Dec 4, 2016 :
    hello, tomorrow i will have my op3t.

how can i do first charges? and the next ones?

i read this:

1. first charge to 100% and then 2 extra hours in charge
    2. five times charge from 5-10% to 100%.
    3. then trying to keep from 20% to 80%.

is it correct?

thank you!