[OP3T Q&A] Noob Friendly Q&A Help Thread - Ask Your Questions Here!!

1. SaiRamGarimella
    Honeycomb Mar 4, 2017

2. vikrantgajare
    Cupcake Mar 4, 2017

vikrantgajare , Mar 4, 2017 :
    I have one plus 3 t. Whenever i use Hotspot, after sometime my wifi starts automatically and my Hotspot turns off. So i have to start Hotspot again manually. Please help how to stop wifi from starting automatically when my Hotspot is on.

3. Vysakh_rex
    Froyo Mar 5, 2017

Vysakh_rex , Mar 5, 2017 :
    I am having issues with battery drain after update to oxygen 4.0.3. Anyone else havinf the same issue?? Is there a solution for this?

4. F_Kyle_Kelter_hChO
    Cupcake Mar 5, 2017

F_Kyle_Kelter_hChO , Mar 5, 2017 :
    I have the 3T rooted on MM and every time I upgrade to nougat and try to flash SuperSU through TWRP, I get caught in a boot loop. anyone else experiencing this?

5. Sniper5
    Cupcake Mar 5, 2017

Sniper5 , Mar 5, 2017 :
    Please, there is an issue in my device OP3T , when i take video on resolution 1080/ 60pfs , every thing is ok , but when I send it to others through whatsApp ,on others devices the length appears double , and no sound at the end of the clip .

Please check your devices and tell me

Thanks ..

6. Mattie7100
    Cupcake Mar 5, 2017

Mattie7100 , Mar 5, 2017 :
    I've recently found that the aux slot seems to blocked with something but I can't think what it would have been from, I've had a look in the slot and there doesn't look to be anything obviously stuck in there.
    Has anyone else had something like this happen, and would you advise sending it back and getting a replacement as I have got it insured.
    Thanks in advance :)

7. illuminarias
    Honeycomb Mar 6, 2017

illuminarias , Mar 6, 2017 :
    I don't have this issue on my phone. Latest OOS beta.

8. jester11218
    Froyo Mar 7, 2017

jester11218 , Mar 7, 2017 :
    I have been using Open Camera. I only use the stock camera for selfies at this point.

9. Zheen
    Cupcake Mar 7, 2017

10. lweisenbacher
    Donut Mar 7, 2017

lweisenbacher , Mar 7, 2017 :
    New to the 3t. Quick question, is there any way to change the dialer screen to have larger buttons and a larger contact picture?

11. Master_TC
    KitKat Mar 7, 2017

Master_TC , Mar 7, 2017 :
    No, only with other launcher or custom rom.

12. McSvenster
    Cupcake Mar 8, 2017

McSvenster , Mar 8, 2017 :
    Hi everybody,

I just got my 3T - very nice phone btw. - and I am new to Oxygen OS...

Is there a way to see the battery status of a connected bluetooth device (headphones)? It worked with my previous phone (huawei / EMUI), so the bluetooth headphones transmit the battery status.

Thanks in advance
    McS

13. kwerthan
    Cupcake Mar 8, 2017

kwerthan , Mar 8, 2017 :
    Hi people!

I got my new 3T a couple weeks ago. I had a OP2 before.
    I'm very satisfied with my new phone and everything. But there is a big problem.
    Everytime a get a new notification on my phone, chat message, Google Play update, news flash, SMS and so on, my screen locks. This thing is VERY VERY annoying and I can't figure out how to get rid of it.
    I hope that you guys can help me.
    I've been in contact with the support. Their recommendation was to wipe the phone. I would like to know if there is a easier way to fix this.

Screenshot_20170227-205618.png

Thank you very much in advance.
    Fredrik

14. G_Rushikesh_patil_vTyP
    Gingerbread Mar 8, 2017

15. Master_TC
    KitKat Mar 8, 2017

Master_TC , Mar 8, 2017 :
    1-2 months..

16. siva_adithya
    Donut Mar 8, 2017

siva_adithya , Mar 8, 2017 :
    How to root op3 in running 7.1.1 I tried the usual method bt ended up in bootloop... So have to install. The whole OS again. Soo any idea how. To root??
    Ps: the su link in the description is not working for. Me

17. n.venasquez
    Cupcake Mar 8, 2017

n.venasquez , Mar 8, 2017 :
    Just wanna ask if is it OK to flash directly the OpenBeta3 while my OnePlus 3T Oxygen OS is 3.5.1

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017

18. Master_TC
    KitKat Mar 8, 2017

Master_TC , Mar 8, 2017 :
    Yes you can. I recommend you to make a clean install, because ist a major change from MM to N

n.venasquez likes this.
  19. jmcclain96
    Cupcake Mar 8, 2017

jmcclain96 , Mar 8, 2017 :
    Looking for help with my new 3T. Just upgraded from a Nexus 4 but I've run into an irritating issue related to buzz interference. I activated my 3T on T-mobile last night. My phone shows 4G and the APN used is T-Mobile US LTE 260 (fast.t-mobile.com). My signal strength is -115 dBm 25 asu. The problem I'm experiencing is GSM phone buzz like my old flip phone from years ago used to generate whenever nearby a landline speakerphone, headphones or speakers. My phone is running OOS 3.5.4 out of the box. Will a OS upgrade fix the issue or is my new phone at fault? This issue does not occur with my older smartphones. Any assistance would be appreciated.

20. HasnanNawaz98
    Cupcake Mar 8, 2017

HasnanNawaz98 , Mar 8, 2017 :
    is there anyway of stopping WhatsApp notifications flashing on the screen when I'm watching a video. I know how to disable them and mute group chats but I don't want to, all I want is for my messages to stop flashing up on-screen when watching something.

cheers