[OP3T Q&A] Noob Friendly Q&A Help Thread - Ask Your Questions Here!!

1. BeingIncog Lollipop Nov 10, 2017

BeingIncog, Nov 10, 2017 :

2. Sujknair Honeycomb Nov 10, 2017

Sujknair, Nov 10, 2017 :
    Hmm.. i usually dont refer to my responder as an it. But whatever. i sont know him/her. and again, whats your point?

3. lostLambda KitKat Nov 10, 2017

4. deepak_jr11 Donut Nov 10, 2017

5. Sujknair Honeycomb Nov 10, 2017

Sujknair, Nov 10, 2017 :
    Oneplus tech support is notoriously poor. I dont have to personally know him/her to make an educated guess. Maybe its a language barrier, maybe users dont provide enough info, whatever be the reason.

BeingIncog likes this.
  6. F_Shivam_Pandey_qdvt Froyo Nov 10, 2017

7. Faheem3t Cupcake Nov 16, 2017

Faheem3t, Nov 16, 2017 :
    will oneplus 3t get the new oxygen os features of that are present in oneplus 5t,will the oneplus 3t get oxygen os rom uodates even if it becomes 3 year old

8. rahulmm Honeycomb Nov 16, 2017

rahulmm, Nov 16, 2017 :
    No it won't. You'll get some half baked version of Oreo. And that will be your final update.

Rohit Bhasin likes this.
  9. Cervantes KitKat Moderator Nov 16, 2017

Cervantes, Nov 16, 2017 :
    Thread merged
    this is a thread of questions and answers

Sun90 likes this.
  10. petemate Froyo Nov 16, 2017

petemate, Nov 16, 2017 :
    I think you should describe your problem, then people might have an easier time helping and thereby responding.

11. AndreiRadu Honeycomb Nov 18, 2017

12. G_Thomas_S_PyvV Gingerbread Nov 18, 2017

G_Thomas_S_PyvV, Nov 18, 2017 :
    Yes, like everything in Europe. It's in the law, even if it's only 1 year in the US (for example), they have to extend it to 2 years for Europe

AndreiRadu likes this.
  13. Jormasteri77 Cupcake Nov 27, 2017

Jormasteri77, Nov 27, 2017 :
    Hi, I'm currently using Oneplus 3 with Android 6.0.1 and OxygenOS 3.2.8.
    (Rooted and TWRP). Now I'm wondering what package I should install to upgrade to latest
    Android and OxygenOS? Can I download it directly from OnePlus 3 download section or is there
    some other package that is better? Are there any dangers if I follow, for example, these instructions:
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/install-oxygenos-4-0-3-n-ota-update-on-rooted-op3.498419/

It does say those are for newer version of OxygenOS, however, besides having to do clean install does that affect anything?

EDIT: I have now downloaded package -> OnePlus3Oxygen_16_OTA_060_all_1711160505_d8b688b464

Can I install this package with instructions provided in the guide above?

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017

14. Anghirrim Eclair Nov 27, 2017

Anghirrim, Nov 27, 2017 :
    Well well well... Is this thread opened for OP3 owners to? I did not find any sticked OP3 equivalent thread.

Hi all, I am new to OP3 (previously had a OPO for two years) and understand that OP3 seems to work a bit differently than the good old bacon. I truly miss the fastboot flash of stock images....

I have a decent background in custom roms flashing and play fairly well with fastboot, adb and other updater-script modification stuff.

So, quick question. I have read some threads on both XDA and this forum but want to make sure.

I am on Oreo stable (with unlocked bootloader and that nice dm-verity message).

Where can I find this damn blu_spark TWRP!? I've searched for it on XDA and on Internet but no clue... I guess this is the only one compatible with Oreo.

While on Oreo (with Oreo modem and firmware), will I still be able to flash MM or Nougat custom roms without issue? I used to keep a very good LP firmware/modem on my OPO while flashing MM/N/O roms without problem. I just wanna make sure this is still valid for the OP3.

Thanks!!

15. Anghirrim Eclair Nov 27, 2017

Edit, I finally did find the blu-spark recovery embeded into the Kernel thread.....

16. G_aayush_kurup_qsuU Cupcake Nov 27, 2017

G_aayush_kurup_qsuU, Nov 27, 2017 :
    I have updated my ONE PLUS 3T to Android Oreo....and I am facing severe battery problems
    The battery is draining much faster than before....and even after closing the apps the problem doesn't seem to be solved....Plz suggest me a solution

17. Anghirrim Eclair Nov 27, 2017

You should give it a few charge cycles before it settles down. First cycle was really short for me, but now it seems to be better.

18. bbaeten Cupcake Nov 30, 2017

bbaeten, Nov 30, 2017 :
    I've updated my opo 3 to Oreo. When I want to use the Oneplus launcher, I have multiple homepages and I can't delete them. Is this an issue?

I like all the other updates. Only this doesn't work.

Thank you very much.

19. cobajalan Gingerbread Nov 30, 2017

cobajalan, Nov 30, 2017 :
    Haiii..

I want to lock my network to 4G only.. how can i do that?

I use Oneplus 3 (Oreo Oxygen)

Rohit Bhasin likes this.
  20. niculacalina.andrei Cupcake Nov 30, 2017

niculacalina.andrei, Nov 30, 2017 :
    Hello guys I have a small problem after the last 3t update with the android 8 .I can not cast to my Sony smart TV anymore.sony TV is on the last firmware and everything on the 3t is on the last update,any tips?