[OP3T Q&A] Noob Friendly Q&A Help Thread - Ask Your Questions Here!!

1. BeingIncog
    Nougat Nov 10, 2017

BeingIncog , Nov 10, 2017 :

2. Sujknair
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 10, 2017

Sujknair , Nov 10, 2017 :
    Hmm.. i usually dont refer to my responder as an it. But whatever. i sont know him/her. and again, whats your point?

3. lostLambda
    Lollipop Nov 10, 2017

4. deepak_jr11
    Donut Nov 10, 2017

5. Sujknair
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 10, 2017

Sujknair , Nov 10, 2017 :
    Oneplus tech support is notoriously poor. I dont have to personally know him/her to make an educated guess. Maybe its a language barrier, maybe users dont provide enough info, whatever be the reason.

BeingIncog likes this.
  6. realshivam07
    Froyo Nov 10, 2017

7. FaheemSiddiqui
    Froyo Nov 16, 2017

FaheemSiddiqui , Nov 16, 2017 :
    will oneplus 3t get the new oxygen os features of that are present in oneplus 5t,will the oneplus 3t get oxygen os rom uodates even if it becomes 3 year old

8. rahulmm
    Honeycomb Nov 16, 2017

rahulmm , Nov 16, 2017 :
    No it won't. You'll get some half baked version of Oreo. And that will be your final update.

Rohit Bhasin likes this.
  9. Cervantes
    Moderator Moderator Nov 16, 2017

Cervantes , Nov 16, 2017 :
    Thread merged
    this is a thread of questions and answers

Sun90 likes this.
  10. petemate
    Froyo Nov 16, 2017

petemate , Nov 16, 2017 :
    I think you should describe your problem, then people might have an easier time helping and thereby responding.

11. Andrei R.
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 18, 2017

12. G_Thomas_S_PyvV
    Honeycomb Nov 18, 2017

G_Thomas_S_PyvV , Nov 18, 2017 :
    Yes, like everything in Europe. It's in the law, even if it's only 1 year in the US (for example), they have to extend it to 2 years for Europe

Andrei R. likes this.
  13. Jormasteri77
    Cupcake Nov 27, 2017

Jormasteri77 , Nov 27, 2017 :
    Hi, I'm currently using Oneplus 3 with Android 6.0.1 and OxygenOS 3.2.8.
    (Rooted and TWRP). Now I'm wondering what package I should install to upgrade to latest
    Android and OxygenOS? Can I download it directly from OnePlus 3 download section or is there
    some other package that is better? Are there any dangers if I follow, for example, these instructions:
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/install-oxygenos-4-0-3-n-ota-update-on-rooted-op3.498419/

It does say those are for newer version of OxygenOS, however, besides having to do clean install does that affect anything?

EDIT: I have now downloaded package -> OnePlus3Oxygen_16_OTA_060_all_1711160505_d8b688b464

Can I install this package with instructions provided in the guide above?

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017

14. Anghirrim
    Eclair Nov 27, 2017

Anghirrim , Nov 27, 2017 :
    Well well well... Is this thread opened for OP3 owners to? I did not find any sticked OP3 equivalent thread.

Hi all, I am new to OP3 (previously had a OPO for two years) and understand that OP3 seems to work a bit differently than the good old bacon. I truly miss the fastboot flash of stock images....

I have a decent background in custom roms flashing and play fairly well with fastboot, adb and other updater-script modification stuff.

So, quick question. I have read some threads on both XDA and this forum but want to make sure.

I am on Oreo stable (with unlocked bootloader and that nice dm-verity message).

Where can I find this damn blu_spark TWRP!? I've searched for it on XDA and on Internet but no clue... I guess this is the only one compatible with Oreo.

While on Oreo (with Oreo modem and firmware), will I still be able to flash MM or Nougat custom roms without issue? I used to keep a very good LP firmware/modem on my OPO while flashing MM/N/O roms without problem. I just wanna make sure this is still valid for the OP3.

Thanks!!

15. Anghirrim
    Eclair Nov 27, 2017

Edit, I finally did find the blu-spark recovery embeded into the Kernel thread.....

16. aayushkurup0206
    Donut Nov 27, 2017

aayushkurup0206 , Nov 27, 2017 :
    I have updated my ONE PLUS 3T to Android Oreo....and I am facing severe battery problems
    The battery is draining much faster than before....and even after closing the apps the problem doesn't seem to be solved....Plz suggest me a solution

17. Anghirrim
    Eclair Nov 27, 2017

You should give it a few charge cycles before it settles down. First cycle was really short for me, but now it seems to be better.

18. bbaeten
    Cupcake Nov 30, 2017

bbaeten , Nov 30, 2017 :
    I've updated my opo 3 to Oreo. When I want to use the Oneplus launcher, I have multiple homepages and I can't delete them. Is this an issue?

I like all the other updates. Only this doesn't work.

Thank you very much.

19. cobajalan
    Gingerbread Nov 30, 2017

cobajalan , Nov 30, 2017 :
    Haiii..

I want to lock my network to 4G only.. how can i do that?

I use Oneplus 3 (Oreo Oxygen)

Rohit Bhasin likes this.
  20. niculacalina.andrei
    Cupcake Nov 30, 2017

niculacalina.andrei , Nov 30, 2017 :
    Hello guys I have a small problem after the last 3t update with the android 8 .I can not cast to my Sony smart TV anymore.sony TV is on the last firmware and everything on the 3t is on the last update,any tips?