[OP3T Q&A] Noob Friendly Q&A Help Thread - Ask Your Questions Here!!

1. C1511717159112 Cupcake Nov 30, 2017

2. AndreiRadu Honeycomb Dec 1, 2017

AndreiRadu, Dec 1, 2017 :
    8.1?

3. Spotopolis Cupcake Dec 2, 2017

Spotopolis, Dec 2, 2017 :
    I am running the latest 4.5.1 stock ROM. Can I flash the oos5 firmware + bootloader and still run 4.5.1? Just curious if I can update the radios and stuff or if they are incompatible between Android versions.

4. Jxd86 Cupcake Dec 3, 2017

Jxd86, Dec 3, 2017 :
    I posted this question in other thread, but might have misplaced it there, so trying my luck here instead...

Hi, I updated to 8.0 and had the same battery issues as a lot of others.. tried a factory reset which went well except for my sms messages. They didn't recover..

I tried searching the forums without luck, anyone who can point my in a helpful direction.

J

5. scerdes Eclair Dec 10, 2017

6. scerdes Eclair Dec 11, 2017

Rohit Bhasin likes this.
  7. Karkoush Cupcake Dec 26, 2017

Karkoush, Dec 26, 2017 :
    Do we have any reliable one click backup and restore app like Samsung kies?

Rohit Bhasin likes this.
  8. G_Shams_Rehan_NxCz Gingerbread Jan 1, 2018

G_Shams_Rehan_NxCz, Jan 1, 2018 :
    Guys, the settings icon on my notification bar doesn't spin anymore nor can i remove the system ui tuner. please help

9. G_Thomas_S_PyvV Gingerbread Jan 1, 2018

Rohit Bhasin likes this.
  10. stevewilliams Cupcake Jan 2, 2018

stevewilliams, Jan 2, 2018 :
    Since the last Oxygen or Android Update, I'm not sure which, when on a call on my 3T, I don't have the icons to swich between loudspeaker and normal anymore. Is this deliberate? Because it's extremely annoying when I'm on hold calling a company customer service waiting to be answered. Means I have to keep the phone to my ear all the time instead of being able to turn on load speaker so I can listen for when I get through istead of needing to hold the phone the whole time.

11. I1514918497379 Cupcake Jan 2, 2018

Rohit Bhasin likes this.
  12. laoyang Cupcake Jan 3, 2018

laoyang, Jan 3, 2018 :
    hi,
    My friend told me. we can use 3T to exchange to 5T for free.
    anyone knows how to find this information

Rohit Bhasin likes this.
  13. Rohit Bhasin Froyo Jan 3, 2018

Rohit Bhasin, Jan 3, 2018 :
    No such provision mate..else we would have this thread close down and people rushing to exchange their 3t with the 5t

14. Rohit Bhasin Froyo Jan 3, 2018

Try and wipe cache. Generally should resolve the issue

15. Rohit Bhasin Froyo Jan 3, 2018

The official port of the recent camera app for the OnePlus are compatible and deliver a much better result compared to the current version except few bugs. Most people also recommend downloading and upgrading to the latest camera services version. The links are available on apkmirror. Just check the version compatibility and download the apk to upgrade to the recent version

16. Rohit Bhasin Froyo Jan 3, 2018

Most of the stuff including pictures, WhatsApp conversation, etc. It can be enabled to be automatically backed to Google Photo and Drive and is automatically restored once you login using your Google account. For call logs and sms, you can use the SMS Backup and Restore app from Play store and create a backup on the Google Drive. This can be restored after reinstalling the app once you reset your phone

Karkoush likes this.
  17. Rohit Bhasin Froyo Jan 3, 2018

Official on latest Beta is 1.5.0

18. Rohit Bhasin Froyo Jan 3, 2018

I don't think it is possible to lock it to 4G only as the settings are built to enable switching between 2G, 3G or 4G based on the availability of the network

19. G_Thomas_S_PyvV Gingerbread Jan 3, 2018

G_Thomas_S_PyvV, Jan 3, 2018 :
    They may have updated it but their app doesn't take pictures as good as those taken with modded Google's camera.
    Test it yourself if you don't believe me

Rohit Bhasin likes this.
  20. Rohit Bhasin Froyo Jan 3, 2018

I completely agree brother. The stock is definitely no where close to the Google ported version. I suggested upgrading to the recent One Plus version in case someone does not want to move away from the stock apps

G_Thomas_S_PyvV likes this.