OP5 or S8

1. [GG]
    Jelly Bean Jul 15, 2017

[GG] , Jul 15, 2017 :
    Im not a fan of any particular brand to be honest. I buy a phone that i like and change when im fed up or when it gives me issues. I really liked the S8+ when i saw it for the first time so i wanted to give it a try and so far so good. I really enjoyed my OP3T aswell.

Katonhosekna and NerdicEclipse like this.
  2. billingvalleys
    Eclair Jul 15, 2017

3. NerdicEclipse
    Honeycomb Jul 15, 2017

NerdicEclipse , Jul 15, 2017 :
    Same here! I fell in love with the S8+ when I saw it so I bought it immediately. I just happen to like the OP5 better but had I got a OP5 with problems I have no doubt I'd still be on my S8+. If Samsung focused more on stock Android and less on bloat and duplicate apps or at least unlock their bootloader I'd pick their hardware all day long.

4. Katonhosenka
    Eclair Jul 15, 2017

Katonhosenka , Jul 15, 2017 :
    I'm not biased either. I went from a nexus s to nexus 4 to oneplus1 to s7. I don't really "need" to upgrade but I miss having a 5.5 or larger screen and also would like better battery life so the s8 plus and op5 come to mind since I heard the s8 regular is weak on battery life. The prices of the Samsung's are so expensive here in Canada so my choices are limited if I'm to upgrade unless prices fall considerably after the iphone 8 comes out

5. [GG]
    Jelly Bean Jul 15, 2017

[GG] , Jul 15, 2017 :
    i know exactly what you're saying about prices ...im in Canada too. Do we get screwed or what with those prices.

6. G_Syed_Kamran_PTji
    Gingerbread Jul 15, 2017

7. ritchiedrama
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 15, 2017

ritchiedrama , Jul 15, 2017 :
    I had the s8+ it is a very bad phone imo. The software kills it and well, I don't like the way it looks either to be honest. I've always disliked Samsung's phones due to the lag though. Op5 does its job for me, has its problems but speed and battery life are my two things for a phone. And this smashes both of these out the park.

8. Wilson Ndebay
    Donut Jul 15, 2017

9. nose3en
    Gingerbread Jul 15, 2017

10. G_rami_yousif_ysJv
    Froyo Jul 15, 2017

G_rami_yousif_ysJv , Jul 15, 2017 :
    please go to the store and check the LG G6 first,,, you got nothing to loose you might like it,, almost half price!!!

11. gargoyals
    Gingerbread Jul 15, 2017

gargoyals , Jul 15, 2017 :
    depends on your preferences.

S8:
    better camera
    better display
    better overall stability
    heavy skin/software features

op5:
    better performance
    better battery life
    better value
    near stock Android experience

these are basic pros of each, but there are many more detailed differences like alert slider, water resistance, charging speed, wireless charger, etc.

indrajit4 and Katonhosekna like this.
  12. Jason SBL
    Gingerbread Jul 15, 2017

Jason SBL , Jul 15, 2017 :
    I Don't Think The S8 Is Using TouchWiz..

Isn't It Discontinued?

Either Way.. It Sucks To Have A Powerful Phone With Bloatwares..

This Is The Reason Why OnePlus Is Better

13. NerdicEclipse
    Honeycomb Jul 15, 2017

NerdicEclipse , Jul 15, 2017 :
    It's still there, they just rebranded as the "Samsung Experience". Looking in running processes just now, it's still listed as TouchWiz too.

14. gargoyals
    Gingerbread Jul 15, 2017

gargoyals , Jul 15, 2017 :
    the bloat... when will they understand and stop with the bloat and that heavy skin?!?

I hated touchwiz, S3 my first Android phone, installed cyanogenmod, moved on to nexus, OnePlus, came back for the s6, heard they "improved" touchwiz. Still got sick of it, moved on to 6p and now on op5. Didn't even bother trying the S8. Design is great though.

indrajit4 and NerdicEclipse like this.
  15. G_Kalki_Hybp
    Cupcake Jul 15, 2017

16. zany13
    Froyo Jul 15, 2017

zany13 , Jul 15, 2017 :
    Read that the S8+ is one of the easiest screens to break from a fall?
    I don't really understand how there are so many comparisons of these 2 products when they are 300+ dollars apart in price, but they function pretty much on equal grounds? Besides people supporting their "brands", I think its a no brainer which one is worth it more.

17. caspere
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 15, 2017

caspere , Jul 15, 2017 :
    I delayed my purchase of OnePlus 5 due to lots of negative comments and was considering the S8+ too. after much research, my conclusion is similar to yours.

Bought the OnePlus 5 v6/64gb and was pleasantly surprised that a lot of the negative comments were not that accurate.

I am probably lucky, but my experiences with One, Two and now 5 is very positive.

NerdicEclipse likes this.
  18. aswathmadhu
    Donut Jul 15, 2017

aswathmadhu , Jul 15, 2017 :
    I would definitely say OP5. The main reason is the cost. You have to pay almost double the price for S8. The only things that S8 can boast about are it's display. Even though OP5 has only 1080p display and not QHD display, it is the best full HAD display that I have ever seen. And the dual camera is obviously something that S8 doesn't even offer. S8 might score on looks, but I doubt it will on performance keeping the price factor in mind.

NerdicEclipse likes this.
  19. loafer
    Eclair Jul 15, 2017

20. G_Clashing_Spiral_pKpg
    Cupcake Jul 15, 2017

G_Clashing_Spiral_pKpg , Jul 15, 2017 :
    it is personal preference i would say. if you going to ask 100 people for that, you will get 100 different choice+perspective. if you asked me, i got my op5 instead of s8 which both are within my budget because i dont wanna pay extra money for stupid bloatware and other unnecessary stuffs that i will never use on s8. through my experience from 3 samsung smartphones over the last 6 years, the bloatware will cause downperform over time faster than other android phones which i generally root the device and flash with cm after warranty period is over. do not trust unboxing review because you are not going to buy smartphones everyday dont you? over time there are too many things that could make your tech downperform compare to the first time you got it in hand. op5 gives you all the essential stuff you need, provide better ram and faster storage speed on a cheaper price tag. after almost a month of using op5 which my first oneplus device, i can say i was regret supporting samsung for the last 6 years

indrajit4 likes this.