Op5 pie - iphone

1. Maximusi
    Donut Jan 26, 2019

Maximusi , Jan 26, 2019 :
    Evening All,

First off just want to point out I'm a big fan of OP had my Op5 now coming on for two years and it's still in my opinion best phone I've ever touched and one of the only phones I've been content enough with to not want to upgrade after a year just before I moan so I don't seem like I am just another serial moaner.

However, this Pie update I had this morning I am not convinced about. I am all for change and there are certain aspects I like such as my screen seems more vibrant etc however the design and functionality of the gui seems like they are starting to try and mimick that of the iPhones. Ontop of that the recent apps screen is slow and laggy as hell and everyone I have spoken to hate the new layout. I don't know if this is more of an android P feature or OP but whoever it was what we're they thinking. Did they consult their user base before making such a big change to see what popular opinion was.

Next up is the clock. It's now over the other side. Something so simple but surprisingly annoying. I have yet to see a option to switch back at least have that.

Battery, now I have only run it one day and my use may be abnormal with browsing all the new layout etc so will see how I get on over next few days but I unplugged at 9am this morning 100% and by 7pm it was completly dead. Now normally I only charge my phone on the way to work in the car get at work for 8.30 with about 90% charge and when I leave work at 5pm it's about 60% I plug back in fully charge and that lasts me overnight until the next day where its at about 50%. So does seem its draining a bit.

Sorry I don't often have a moan but I am not impressed with this update So far.

2. lakshaykapoor99
    Honeycomb Jan 26, 2019

3. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow Jan 26, 2019

toastytoast1234 , Jan 26, 2019 :
    I used to be a serial moaner, then I discovered Kellogs Crunchy Nut Chocolate Clusters and I've never looked back since.

Change is hard. If you're hating it this much, you can of course choose to downgrade back to the previous version - no shame in that if it works better for you.

Nobody here has any insight into the process Google used for designing Pie. I would imagine they consulted a few people here & there, but knowing Google as I do I wouldn't be surprised if they just said screw it let's try this and abandon it in 18 months if things don't work out.

4. npatel70
    Honeycomb Jan 26, 2019

npatel70 , Jan 26, 2019 :
    No way..... Frosties all the way. Brings out the Tiger in me!

toastytoast1234 likes this.
  5. Maximusi
    Donut Jan 27, 2019

Maximusi , Jan 27, 2019 :
    I may have been a little rash the thing that annoyed me the most was how incredibly laggy the recent apps was however that seems to have settled now and it's much more responsive.

I still don't like the clock on the left. Hate it. Don't know why but it really bothers me. Shame.

Everything else seems to be better or something I can get used to or do actually like so I will stick with it.

And am I not right with serial like serial murderer? I am dislexic leave me alone lol.

6. NahbiCris
    Jelly Bean Jan 28, 2019

NahbiCris , Jan 28, 2019 :
    With battery, this is why this happen to you:

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/caches-explained.828298/

also can be because battery degradation remember that Apple slows their phones to compensate that OnePlus doesn't do that.

then when with the layout it's Android Pie design from Google, OnePlus use it because from his origin they use the Android more like stock they only add extras that will bring a real utility. So thats why they didn't ask also because if they change it will need more work to do it and will loose one of their sell point.

The lag I also have it but this can be 2 things the first one the apps aren't well optimized to Android pie remember at least 1-2% of Android phones have it. Second can be OnePlus fault but they are fixing it as you can see here this is the third hot fix they bring so they are working on it.

Apple also has this kind of problems when they launch a new OS version.