OP5T Android Auto Spotify Issue

1. LGA1151
    Cupcake Jul 19, 2020

LGA1151 , Jul 19, 2020 :
    Hey guys,
    I updated to Android 10 on my 5T recently and at this point I was starting to have issues while using Android Auto in my car.
    Whenever I use Spotify as music app and reconnect my device-cable the music starts playing from my phone speaker instead of the car speakers.
    So when I come to a stop for example, disconnect my smartphone from the car and then get back in the sound comes out of my phone.
    The "quickfix" for me is to open Spotify on my phone, then close the app and then force it to be closed via the recent apps menu. When I reconnect it after this procedure everything works fine.
    Do you guys have an idea how to fix this permanently?
    Thanks in advance!
    Kind regards,
    Kilian

Papeex likes this.
  2. Ciato
    Donut Jul 29, 2020

Ciato , Jul 29, 2020 :
    I have exactly the same issue and use the workaround you use as well. Hope there is going to be a fix. Not sure if a Spotify, Android Auto or OnePlus issue though.

maak22 likes this.
  3. Papeex
    Cupcake Jul 31, 2020

Papeex , via OnePlus 5T , Jul 31, 2020 :
    I also have absolutely the same issue as described and use the same workaround. Please fix. This is really annoying, especially when you forget to do a fix before started driving, so then you have to make a stop to repair a music playing from a phone, not car. Or just drive without any music if making a stop is an issue.

maak22 likes this.