OP5T random crashes

1. G_Giacomo_Calvigioni_MME Cupcake Nov 30, 2017

G_Giacomo_Calvigioni_MME, Nov 30, 2017 :
    Hi everyone, I received my op5t Wednesday and since then I already had 4 OS crashes with consequent reboots.

The phone freezes for 3-4 seconds and than the OS reboots. The first time I was listening music with Spotify, the second one I was simply tweaking some option in the settings, the third one happened while using Google Photos and the fourth using the pre-installed camera app; so I think it is not app-dependent. Any suggestion or solution? Should I contact the assistence?

Any help is appreciated, thank you

2. Dhruvit Jain Honeycomb Nov 30, 2017

Dhruvit Jain, Nov 30, 2017 :
    This is unusual as I haven't experienced a single crash. You can try to factory reset the entire device. But before that, you could try clearing the cache from recovery. Hope that helps.

3. Kcasper Eclair Nov 30, 2017

Kcasper, Nov 30, 2017 :
    Hi

i had/Got the same issue and reported IT here. today i receive a message from Shine the bug Hunter with the below message.
    i installed It and so far No crashes. but i can't tell if IT help as i just did IT today.

but mabye it can help you.

Hi Kcasper,

This is from OnePlus Bug Hunters. Thank you for your feedback and we're quite concerned about it. (https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/oneplus-5t-rebooting-on-its-own.698635/) The dev team have made a repair zip to fix certain reboot issues. Please install it and check if it is helpful.

Download link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rVfPecRFPBhzfHOxKQktyrrUAWo7_chX/view?usp=sharing
    The installing process is as follows:
    First, download the repair zip and move it to the phone's internal storage.
    Second, settings-system update-upper right corner-local upgrade-select the zip.
    Third, wait till the phone reboots, and clear cache away in recovery.

If this issue still occurs, please tell us your living address and phone number.

Many thanks.

Best Regards,
    OnePlus Bug Hunters

4. G_Giacomo_Calvigioni_MME Cupcake Nov 30, 2017

Dhruvit Jain likes this.
  5. G_Giacomo_Calvigioni_MME Cupcake Dec 6, 2017

G_Giacomo_Calvigioni_MME, Dec 6, 2017 :
    After flashing the zip posted by kcasper and erasing the cache from recovery not a single crash happened (5 days of intense use) , thank you very much, problem solved!

Rafaxtz3, lfclai and lit2n3on like this.
  6. elona Cupcake Dec 23, 2017

elona, Dec 23, 2017 :
    Hi to all, I've the same problem.
    Just a question, can you tell me how I can "clear cache away in recovery".
    I need to reboot the phone in recovery mode and select "Wipe data and cache"?
    Thanks in advise

7. lit2n3on Cupcake Dec 24, 2017

lit2n3on, Dec 24, 2017 :
    hey everyone, so i also had the same problem with it rebooting and whatnot so i searched the community and found this post. i installed the zip and so far so good, but this is just day 1, hopefully it work forever :)

8. FRANCESCO MICHELI Cupcake Dec 24, 2017

FRANCESCO MICHELI, Dec 24, 2017 :
    Hello to all :)
    I also had problems crashing on my OP5T and after installing this zip they disappeared ...
    it's a week that my OP5T has no more problems

9. FRANCESCO MICHELI Cupcake Dec 24, 2017

FRANCESCO MICHELI, Dec 24, 2017 :
    yes

10. vembryrsig Cupcake Dec 25, 2017

vembryrsig, Dec 25, 2017 :
    Is there a way to get in touch with "OnePlus Bug Hunters"? I hesitate a little bit to download and install software that a random user has posted in the forum. It could be anything!

keerthiteja likes this.
  11. pjsme Eclair Jan 7, 2018

12. xeon101 Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 7, 2018

13. David_Butler_Mbse Donut Jan 25, 2018

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018

14. cmoialexis Cupcake Feb 17, 2018

cmoialexis, Feb 17, 2018 :
    Bonjour

La mise à jour de l'un ou de l'autre? Je vous remercie

Edit:
    Oops it's write sorry

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018

15. swingwolf Eclair Feb 23, 2018

swingwolf, Feb 23, 2018 :
    I had the random reboot on my 5T. Not fixed by hard reset but after my hard reset I found a little by chance that if I desactivated my Nova Prime as default launcher the problem was fixed.
    At the moment I have not tried another launcher. What do you think on Microsoft launcher ?

16. love for chelsea Gingerbread Feb 23, 2018

17. swingwolf Eclair Feb 24, 2018

swingwolf, Feb 24, 2018 :
    What customer service: OnePlus, Nova ? It's a Nova problem not OnePlus. I have also others little problems on my Mate 10 Pro and Smart launcher 3 Pro.

18. Lyla255 Cupcake Mar 21, 2018

Lyla255, Mar 21, 2018 :
    So I've been having the same problem with my 1+5t since I got the phone. I tried using this upgrade, but when it rebooted, it said "installation failed" or something like that. I'm not sure if it's because of something that I did wrong, or the upgrade is out of date or something. Does anyone know what to do about that?

Johnny Hammer and Marin22427 like this.
  19. Marin22427 Cupcake Mar 21, 2018

Marin22427, Mar 21, 2018 :
    The same thing happened to me, including a message before booting saying that the ROM was possibly corrupt. I had to open an RMA and ended up having a remote session with a level 2 tech to re-flash my phone. In the end, it ended up working for a while but started rebooting again in about a day. Eventually I noticed that the reboots happened when I had too many apps installed that were active in the background (i.e. messenger, Facebook, Instagram, etc) and it seems that deleting those apps and reinstalling them one at a time solved the problem for me. For now I haven't had any issues anymore, so I suppose it might work for you too.

20. Johnny Hammer Cupcake Mar 21, 2018

Johnny Hammer, Mar 21, 2018 :
    Is it a problem from the software, or the hardware is the problem. This thing I don't understand.