OxygenOS OP6 Android 9 Pie Screenshot Problem

1. czoni
    Cupcake Oct 6, 2018

czoni , Oct 6, 2018 :
    I upgraded with the official OTA to Android 9 Pie and ever since I cannot take a screenshots anymore.
    When I do it I get a notification with an error saying: Couldn't save screenshot Try taking screenshot again.

I tried all forms of taking the screenshot: volume down + power / keeping power button pressed and then selecting screenshot / the finger swipe down. I also tried re-installing the ROM from the official download, but nothing changed afterwards. I don't want to do a full wipe, so I want alternatives.

I searched a lot of different suggestions and none of them worked. I installed a CatLog reader and found out that when I try to take the screenshot I get errors telling me that com.oneplus.screenshot / oplonghot is missing. So I think somehow that system apk got lost after the upgrade process. I tried installing it from apkmirror but then I get another error. My guess is that it's an old an incompatible version.

So what I would need is the screenshot apk from a OP6 with the build A6003_22_180915 or similar so I can re-install it.
    Can someone help me with that?

2. Artemus.
    Community Hero 2020 Oct 6, 2018

Artemus. , Oct 6, 2018 :
    What are you trying to take a screenshot of?

3. czoni
    Cupcake Oct 6, 2018

czoni , Oct 6, 2018 :
    Just the normal display screen.

4. xnutzii
    Lollipop Oct 6, 2018

xnutzii , Oct 6, 2018 :
    What app specifically? Some app restrict taking screenshots.

5. czoni
    Cupcake Oct 6, 2018

czoni , Oct 6, 2018 :
    The normal Oneplus Launcher / Fb Messenger / Whatsapp. Pretty much all apps. Previously I could take screenshots in any app and now nowhere.

6. czoni
    Cupcake Oct 6, 2018

czoni , Oct 6, 2018 :
    I tried one more thing just now. I uninstalled and reinstalled the screenshot app via Titanium Backup with root and now it works again. Just that the scrolling screenshot (longshot) button is greyed out. I probably need to reinstall that one too.

7. xnutzii
    Lollipop Oct 6, 2018

xnutzii , Oct 6, 2018 :
    Hmm, that's weird indeed. Please report it here, so the Bughunters can take a look at it.

https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/

8. czoni
    Cupcake Oct 6, 2018

czoni , Oct 6, 2018 :
    It seems scrolling screenshot works too now. I just had to be in a scrollable view.

Please close this thread.

9. nadavcool543
    Gingerbread Dec 29, 2018

10. Raresch
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 30, 2018

Raresch , Dec 30, 2018 :
    you already have the answers above. all of them.

reinstall the app using Titanium Backup and root access.

if you don't have root acces, submit a big to the feedback section on the forums (see the link above)

also, this is a form for oneplus 6. try to search your problem on the OnePlus 5 forum. maybe someone has experienced this problem already.