OP6 Bluetooth car connection

1. xakep
    Gingerbread May 24, 2018

xakep , May 24, 2018 :
    Hello guys just a quick question. Not sure what exactly is going one butfor some reason my OP6 is not connecting to car properly. Like it's working but then I am looking at dash board and car sees phone but handset is clossed. I've seen something similar with my headphones, it's saying (no phone) right over my Bluetooth headphones. I used few other phones with same car never had any issues, so I wonder what is going on. I'll include that photo with crossed handset.

1527182770545.jpg

2. Cotticotti
    Cupcake May 24, 2018

Cotticotti , May 24, 2018 :
    i had a similar problem connecting op6 to my car. I Just disabled HD audio in the bluetooth connection and all is working fine now.

3. Parthb102
    Donut May 24, 2018

Parthb102 , May 24, 2018 :
    I'm having an issue with my car connection as well. The phone asks me to pair (confirm passkey etc.) every time I connect to my car stereo. This hasn't happened with any other device.

alexferdean likes this.
  4. xakep
    Gingerbread May 25, 2018

5. xakep
    Gingerbread May 25, 2018

xakep , May 25, 2018 :
    I just checked my headphones do have HD audio but my car Bluetooth device does not

6. rlawarringa
    Cupcake May 25, 2018

rlawarringa , May 25, 2018 :
    I experience the issue that email connectivity is gone. With Samsung or Sony this isn't a problem. Maybe because of the build-in email app they have.

But do any of you know how to force this? Apart from being able to choose a standard email app, which didn't do the trick.

7. hjano
    Gingerbread May 25, 2018

hjano , May 25, 2018 :
    Its working fine for me... no prob for connection, and no prob when i talking.. fine contact list, fine call logs on my central display

8. EDIflyer
    Gingerbread May 25, 2018

EDIflyer , May 25, 2018 :
    I've had a definite problem with OP6 and my Audi - it connects OK and sound plays, however every so of the mobile network signal strength goes grey - on the telephone screen of the Audi MMI it says 'network search'. The signal remains fine on the phone during that time. It seems to happen every few minutes.

I've also notice that the playback controls aren't working properly - pause works but hitting it again doesn't start it playing. FF/RW is OK but next/previous track just duplicates FF/RW rather than skipping track.

Both aspects worked fine with my Galaxy S7.

I'm a new OP user (and overall very impressed with the phone), but how do I raise the issue - is it just here or worth filing a support ticket too?

DaRox, pendragon and Parthb102 like this.
  9. Parthb102
    Donut May 25, 2018

Parthb102 , May 25, 2018 :
    +1 on the playback control thing. In my experience they work intermittently. Also, there was an issue where the song information wasn't being displayed (although this has happened only on one instance)

EDIflyer likes this.
  10. alexferdean
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 25, 2018

alexferdean , May 25, 2018 :
    The same for me. Had this also with Oneplus 3, but had no issue with phonph from other brands. Now I have this problem even with the OnePlus 6. My car stereo is a RCD 330G for Volkswafen Golf 6.

G_Marcel__4321_Dlab and EDIflyer like this.
  11. Cotticotti
    Cupcake May 25, 2018

Cotticotti , May 25, 2018 :
    also with Citroen connectednav i'm still having problem only with phone calls. music and controls work fine but voice calls don't work. car is displaying "network signal error". also with Android auto all is working except voice calls. when calling It swich to phone audio and not car audio system

EDIflyer likes this.
  12. tomandco
    Donut May 25, 2018

tomandco , May 25, 2018 :
    Had the same with my 5T in our 2015 M-Benz. It always worked but the car says phone is not connected... we just had a new Jeep and my 5T works just fine! So I don't know exactly what's the reason for this. I got the OP6 yesterday but still not tried yet in the car.

13. pkair
    Honeycomb May 25, 2018

pkair , May 25, 2018 :
    I think you should grant permissions in OP6 for car to communicate with your phone. Good luck finding how lol

14. EDIflyer
    Gingerbread May 25, 2018

EDIflyer , May 25, 2018 :
    Have already done that as part of the pairing process - they're connected OK, there's just issues with media controls and signal strength.

15. EDIflyer
    Gingerbread May 25, 2018

16. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer May 25, 2018

malidan likes this.
  17. malidan
    Marshmallow May 25, 2018

18. Dunnow

Dunnow , May 25, 2018 :
    can you imagine my face when I got into the car and it just didn't even link? xD
    Like... last time it did, did not share data, but it did link... now not even that :S that's no good man xD

First issue with op6, same first issue with op2 xD

history repeats itself x'D

19. malidan
    Marshmallow May 25, 2018

malidan , May 25, 2018 :
    Unreal I just don't get how they can't beat this thing I guess those corners must be getting bigger.

20. Dunnow

Dunnow , May 25, 2018 :
    I don't know, it's weird af, maybe I was doing something wrong while rushing to connect and go out, I will look at it with time tomorrow, but I mean... devices were just not seeing each other, I've used BT to send a lot of photos between older devices and the 6, so, it's not like it does not work at all... the miband is also OK and the wireless 20€ chinese random *** earphones too...