OP6 build in sms app vs google messages

1. xakep
    Gingerbread May 25, 2018

xakep , May 25, 2018 :
    hi guys just a quick question. I am using Google messages for some time now and I see oneplus6 using its own messaging software. I don't really have experience with it but it looks alright and also from what I see it's using no new RCS feature because it requests delivery notifications, so any reason I should use buildin messaging software versus Google messaging. and also perhaps I'm outdated already what are people using those days for SMS. and please don't get cute with me saying people don't use SMS anymore I do have WhatsApp telegram Viber and few other things installed:).

2. rwmchan
    Jelly Bean May 25, 2018

G_Joseph_B_fPJl likes this.
  3. Deactivated User
    May 25, 2018

4. Jaws4God
    Froyo May 15, 2019

Jaws4God , May 15, 2019 :
    I mainly use Google Messages because I like how it integrates with online browsers as well.

Johnmar3 likes this.
  5. SeeBeeEss
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 15, 2019

SeeBeeEss , May 15, 2019 :
    Tried many messaging apps over the years, including Google and Oxygen stock, and I have always come back to the highly customizable Textra. It's certainly worth a test drive to compare against the others. Just don't blame me when you are hooked and feel you need to buy the paid version. ;)

Jaws4God and Kytharsis like this.
  6. Jaws4God
    Froyo May 16, 2019

Jaws4God , May 16, 2019 :
    have you used MOOD? it was one i used for a while with some of my previous phones... on my PIXEL, it had issues sending high resolution images.. but in general i liked it better than TEXTRA.

7. SeeBeeEss
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 16, 2019

SeeBeeEss , May 16, 2019 :
    Never tried that one. Maybe I will take it out for a test drive one of these days.

8. Jaws4God
    Froyo May 16, 2019

Jaws4God , May 16, 2019 :
    you may want to wait... I just read some of their (MOOD SMS) recent reviews and a TON of people are having issues with notification sounds... so idk when that fix will come out..