OP6 Dash charge not working

1. Jud45
    Cupcake Jul 3, 2020

Jud45 , Jul 3, 2020 :
    Hi!
    The last weeks dash charge hasn't worked on my OnePlus 6 A6003 256 GB. At first I thought it was dust clogging the charging port on the phone but cleaning that with compressed air didn't help. So now I'm starting to think it was after the latest update. If it is due to a software bug in the latest update, wouldn't shutting the phone off and trying to dash charge it then negate it?

Any help would be appreciated.

2. drl431
    Marshmallow Jul 3, 2020

drl431 , Jul 3, 2020 :
    Hi, maybe try using a toothpick or similar non-metallic probe with the usb-c connector on the phone. The next step would be to try a new cable or visit a service center.

Caomhin, buntycubal and rhyd1am like this.
  3. Jud45
    Cupcake Jul 7, 2020

Jud45 , Jul 7, 2020 :
    I've cleaned it now thoroughly with a smaller toothpick and it still won't dash charge. I know a relative that has the OnePlus 6 too and I think I will try with his charger to see it that works with dash charging sometime in the upcoming days. After that I guess that I wait for the next update to see if that fixes it. In worst case I can live with charging being a bit slower as long as it doesn't stop working completely.

4. drl431
    Marshmallow Jul 7, 2020

drl431 , Jul 7, 2020 :
    I would not expect a software update to help with charging, but trying a different cable is a good idea. Also try checking the usb-c connector on the phone more closely.

Caomhin likes this.