Op6 entirely stopped working

1. damian.poreba
    Donut Nov 8, 2018

damian.poreba , Nov 8, 2018 :
    Hi guys,

this happened like literally 30 minutes ago; out of nowhere screen of my op6 just wouldn't turn on (oxygen OS 9.0.2).

What I noticed was that after holding power button for like 0,5 sec there was a vibration (I have 'activate assistant after 0,5 sec' turned on).
    I can't really tell if tapping fingerprint scanner would invoke vibration as well, I think it did but can't tell for sure (I was jogging and didn't really think to check it).
    Basically these vibrations were the only things indicating that the phone was somehow alive.

Plugged it in when I got home - once again there was a vibration and nothing more (btw there should be still like 50% of battery when I started charging it).

Eventually, after 5 minutes of charging I held power button for about 7 seconds and it turned on like nothing ever happened, with 60% of battery and working as expected.

Anyway, the phone used to be completely unusable.
    Did it happen to anyone else?
    I gathered full bug report from developer settings and what should I do now? Do I need to share it with OnePlus somehow or do they get it automatically?

2. retzer
    Cupcake Nov 8, 2018

retzer , Nov 8, 2018 :
    I've only had my 6 for a few weeks and have not seen this at all. But this certainly sounds like a classic case of dead battery, no? I'd go with a full charge and see if it repeats over time.

3. retzer
    Cupcake Nov 8, 2018

retzer , Nov 8, 2018 :
    I'd also look at battery management options, maybe experiment with settings to see if it repeats.

4. Maverick2.0
    KitKat Nov 8, 2018

Maverick2.0 , Nov 8, 2018 :
    Haven't faced any such problems at all. You had better get in touch with OnePlus customer service.

5. LorenStuck
    Honeycomb Nov 8, 2018