OP6T back glass cracked without any impact

1. G_Jussi_Uuksulainen_ZGvk Cupcake Jun 23, 2019

G_Jussi_Uuksulainen_ZGvk, Jun 23, 2019 :
    I've had the phone for a few months now and the supplied case has been on the whole time. I haven't dropped the phone once and the back glass was fine yesterday. Today I noticed something was wrong and saw that the back glass had cracked. What could be the cause of this and will I have to pay for a replacement?

2. Matt 80 Lollipop Jun 23, 2019

Matt 80, Jun 23, 2019 :
    Impact force or bend stress, your back glass won't just break on its own.

Yes.

3. G_Jussi_Uuksulainen_ZGvk Cupcake Jun 23, 2019

G_Jussi_Uuksulainen_ZGvk, Jun 23, 2019 :
    yeah I think so too but it's strange because yesterday evening it was perfectly fine and this morning it was cracked, it had been on my nightstand the whole time

4. I1546909627472 Cupcake Jul 14, 2019

I1546909627472, Jul 14, 2019 :
    I don't know how strong the back glass cover is on the OP6T is, but seems pretty fragile; maybe cause of the curved design. I had my 1st 6T back crack with the original case used. I sat on a bench with the phone in my back pocket and the pressure cracked the middle right side corner of phone so I paid $100 to T-Mobile to get a replacement. Fearing I'd do it again, I bought a better and more sturdy plastic case for the phone...again, it happened. I had the phone in my back pocket and it cracked near the same spot. It had a better phone case and this time I sat down on my car seat; It still cracked...pressure against the curved area seems to be the issue. I'll be buying a 3rd party back glass now and replacing the back myself instead of paying another bill for it.