OP7 Pro still has still low NFC strength...

1. Sleazer Donut May 22, 2019

Sleazer, May 22, 2019 :
    Coming from my beloved OP5 i just got my OP7Pro and it is an amazing phone!
    Testing now for some weeks, but one Thing/issue is still present since ealier OP phones...
    I was very curious wheather it now would be possible to Transfer Data via NFC for reading/changing pin or other data on my personal identity Card, which with the OP5 Always failed. And with the OP7Pro it Fails now too :( The length and strength of NFC is adjusted too low for transfering a few nessesary kilobites through semselves...
    Quiet a bit disappointing, so legalizing in the web by phone (& ID Card) is an important choice in future….
    I´m exited what will happen with that feature over the next month or in future as well….

2. KThomsen Honeycomb May 23, 2019

KThomsen, May 23, 2019 :
    That's strange. I actually experience that the OP7Pro NFC is REALLY good!
    I got a chip implanted in my hand, and usually it takes a while, and a looot of fiddling and turning the phone around to read/write.. But with the OP7Pro, it's almost instant!

Also, paying with Google Pay and stuff, works amazingly well!

3. Sleazer Donut May 23, 2019

Sleazer, May 23, 2019 :
    yes , Google Pay does work fine with NFC as well, but the described issue is a well known issue! Some developers found out that the data blocks´ length is limited to much. The NFC sends only a few Kilobytes to the chip of the ID card, same in receiving them. But before the whole data block is sent, the Connections cuts off. It seems to be difficult to modify this limitation for a dev, but at first he has to find out where. Maybe it´s written somewhere in the depth of the Firmware...
    The only Chance to use your ID Card in the web is to buy a cardreader instead of using your phone, because they are also NFC Ready, but they are able to send/read longer data blocks and as result you can use them for Legitimation in the web.
    Hopefully some Google or XDA devs will find a solution in future, fingers crossed ;)