OP7Pro problemi con Chrome via OnePlus 7 Pro

1. TrueOgre
    Cupcake Mar 21, 2020

TrueOgre , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Mar 21, 2020 :
    Buongiorno, ho dei problemi fastidiosi con Chrome, molto spesso si freeza Chrome ,tutto il resto continua a funzionare ma Chrome non risponde per una decina di secondi , questo rende tutto molto snervante , capita anche a voi? ci sono soluzioni? non è possibile che un dispositivo di questo genere con 12 GB di RAM abbia di questi problemi.

isabellevankleeck likes this.
  2. gcocucci
    Nougat Mar 21, 2020

gcocucci , Mar 21, 2020 :
    Capita anche a me. Non credo proprio sia un problema di RAM e sinceramente non so neanche quanto dipenda da Oxygenos. Ho provato a riavviare pulendo la cache senza risultati.
    Mi verrebbe da pensare dipenda da Chrome stesso e purtroppo ho visto che anche Google comincia ad avere difficoltà perchè ha rinunciato a rilasciare la versione 81 per problemi con i suoi sviluppatori.
    Comunque non è qualcosa con cui non si possa convivere e con il tempo, più del solito in questo frangente, si risolverà da solo. Almeno spero

TrueOgre likes this.
  3. rvonder
    Cupcake Apr 7, 2020

rvonder , Apr 7, 2020 :
    I've had exactly the same problems with Chrome, on exactly the same phone (OP7 Pro, 12/256, rooted). Sometimes it's just a temporary freeze as you describe; other times Chrome simply hangs and never returns until Android kills the process. In the latter case, the user interface of the entire phone often locks up as well for 15-20 seconds (can't switch to a different app, back and home buttons don't work, etc.) I certainly agree about it being annoying!

Looking at the crash logs, the error is always something like "Chrome timed out waiting for input from another process" (paraphrased, because I don't have an actual crash log available right now.) The only other apps I have that directly interact with Chrome are AdAway and LastPass. I tried deactivating both of these, but the problems still remained.

I tried deleting and reinstalling Chrome; installing the Chrome Dev version; and even installing the beta version of Android System WebView. None of these helped, and the same problems also occurred with other browsers based on the Chrome engine. FWIW, I found that Dolphin and Opera did work reliably - but unfortunately, links from many other apps are hard-wired to open in the Chrome internal browser (not the full Chrome app), and I can't find a way to override that default.

The good news is that I finally upgraded to Oxygen OS Beta 11. Since then, I haven't had a single problem with Chrome! So if you haven't yet installed Beta 11, I highly recommend it - not only did it solve my Chrome problems, but also hasn't introduced any major new bugs (at least in my usage.)

Hope this helps - the constant problems with Chrome were the #1 issue I had with my new OP7 Pro, so I'm finally a very happy owner!

TrueOgre and isabellevankleeck like this.