OP8Pro on Android Auto = ⚠️ via OnePlus 8 Pro

1. the0ne
    Cupcake Apr 12, 2021

the0ne , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Apr 12, 2021 :
    This phone does not play nice with Android Auto at all. The head unit touch screen stops responding for no reason. I'm using the stock cable. Ive turned off and on the battery bull, I've cleared caches, uninstalled the app, and wiped the device.. nothing works to fix it.
    It's hella dangerous to be tapping at a touchscreen when my phone is mounted right there next to it. What is even the point?
    The head unit works just fine with Apple so it's def a android or phone thing
    It's a jvc kw-m850bt

2. Tee_Eee_Bee
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 12, 2021

Caoimhín likes this.
  3. Kennebunk Larry
    Cupcake Apr 19, 2021

Kennebunk Larry , Apr 19, 2021 :
    I have the same issue. I wonder if this just a OnePlus problem or a general Android issue. In any event, I'm ready to dump my OnePlus 6t in favor of an iPhone after 15 plus years of using Androids.

DrHuda and the0ne like this.
  4. MENINBLK
    Gingerbread Apr 20, 2021

5. the0ne
    Cupcake Apr 20, 2021

the0ne , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Apr 20, 2021 :
    It's the actual worst.
    There is no fw update avail for the head unit
    Seriously tho. Now that OP has sold out to T Mobile I'm done too. Espesh with the 9 only having one sim

6. Stevehebe
    Cupcake Aug 14, 2021

Stevehebe , Aug 14, 2021 :
    As with the prior poster, the problem is not the car, since my wife's pos Motorola works without issue.

7. mkoso65
    Eclair Aug 15, 2021

mkoso65 , Aug 15, 2021 :
    I have had no issues using my 8Pro with AA. I'm using it in a 2020 Hyndai via the USB cable.

8. MENINBLK
    Gingerbread Aug 17, 2021

MENINBLK , via OnePlus 8 Pro Onyx Black , Aug 17, 2021 :
    You need to check with a Dealer and make sure your vehicle has the latest update because both Google and car manufacturers are fixing bugs in the software. Both sides need to be updated in order for things to work correctly. My 2019 Ford Edge ST has gotten several OTA updates that have fixed a lot of AA issues. I even invested in a USB WiFi adapter that makes all of the AA functions work wirelessly !!! Imagine that, no more cables !!!