Open Ears Forum: Camera - Hamburg, Germany 2018

1. woSch
    Photography Expert Mar 5, 2018

woSch , Mar 5, 2018 :
    Thx to OnePlus for this great/outstanding Initiative!
    online survey is filled out and on the way :)

2. meatandy
    Oreo Mar 5, 2018

meatandy , Mar 5, 2018 :
    I truly hope OP is being sincere about dialing in the camera and software output and not just making a goodwill tour before OPPO enters the European market with their devices this year.

3. BeingIncog
    Nougat Mar 5, 2018

BeingIncog , Mar 5, 2018 :
    rofLoLmao™️! Fell from relaxing on my bed! Hilarious! :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

pa5t1s, idkwhoiam322, GopalB. and 3 others like this.
  4. Punk_69
    Lollipop Mar 6, 2018

Punk_69 , Mar 6, 2018 :
    You were there?
    Now i have hope that something good might come up in the next device....

5. gaster
    Lollipop Moderator Mar 6, 2018

gaster , Mar 6, 2018 :
    I hope you had a great time guys and the main purpose of the event, will lead to the best results for the future OnePlus products such the upcoming OnePlus 6. All the information that is gathered, should provide the best valuable options for OnePlus. Let's see soon with well :)

G_plusone, woSch, Cheetosdust and 3 others like this.
  6. Punk_69
    Lollipop Mar 6, 2018

Punk_69 , Mar 6, 2018 :
    @Jimmy Z.

-I'd like to know what purpose "camera services" serve?

-OnePlus 5 and 5t got a camera app which have a different UI, which seems a little easier to use,too! Will the 3/3t users be getting that version of the app in future? I don't think it'll be a difficult job, but correct me if I'm wrong. It's difficult to keep using those versions from apkmirror (those have some glitches too)

-One of the most important things I guess : will you guys be improving the camera software? Well I do know improvements are coming to 5 and 5t, I'm asking this question for 3 and 3t, as the software is pretty messed up at times.

-I'd like to know whether you can add a lower iso and lower shutter speed to the pro/ manual mode...
    For example, in pro mode, ISO 100 is the lowest, can you add ISO 50 too?
    About shutter speed, 30 seconds is the slowest available. Can it be increased?
    Can you provide manual temperature control for 3/3t?

-Can you provide sound capture with the Slow-motion video recording? Or at least an option to switch between 120fps and 240fps?

-Can you provide a selfie flash for the 3, 3t,5 users? It has been a highly requested feature by many users...

Now here's some things I observed :

- I came to know that the compression rate is 95%. It just doesn't feel so... I don't know the significance of the size of the photos, but yes they seem to lack quality.

- can you tweak the software such that the "slight yellowish tint" is removed from the pictures? The photos lack the sharpness, too, be it landscapes, be it macros, be it anything. The colors seem less vivid, and I'm not asking for it to be like Samsung ones, but it does need improvement.

- why is it that the ISO gets bumped up in almost every picture in auto mode ? I've noticed that in a well-lit room, where about ISO 800 is okay, the camera bumps it up to 2500, or mostly it's 1000.

- the HQ mode seems to be broken. I remember it used to be a very good feature, which I used during OOS 4.0.x and 4.1.3 versions, after that I never found it to be working properly..

- the HDR is good indeed, but according to me it still needs a little improvement, as the dark areas and the less exposed areas seem a little washed out.

- panoramas, well, they're messy too. Even a small jerk tends to spoil the picture these days (wasn't so in the past)

-last but not least, can oneplus implement a copy of the hdr+ from the pixel series? Oneplus has been good at copying hardware features, can't it copy a software feature?

Here's my questions and issues...
    Hoping for a response.
    Thanks

7. MKT_IRFAN3735
    Jelly Bean Mar 6, 2018

8. Timo Salola
    Honeycomb Mar 6, 2018

9. Navdeep_Malik
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 6, 2018

Navdeep_Malik , Mar 6, 2018 :
    Well I see OnePlus 6 taking shape... Maybe we can see optical image stabilization there with some slo-mo action.

G_plusone likes this.
  10. GopalB.
    Nougat Mar 6, 2018

GopalB. , Mar 6, 2018 :
    Those are too many suggestions... :rolleyes:
    I know you had it with you since I don't know... Ages... :p

And I see few good and known faces in the crowd...
    I would say the meeting must have been great!!!

otto2 and script like this.
  11. idkwhoiam322
    Nougat Mar 6, 2018

idkwhoiam322 , Mar 6, 2018 :
    I know those questions aren't for me to answer but just my thoughts:
    'Easier/simpler' is subjective, I didn't have any issues with the old UI, the new one is almost a blatant copy of a certain other phone.
    Don't be so sure about improvements coming to the 5/5T, but they are far away from their eol, so it SHOULD be coming. I wouldn't have hopes about this as a 3/3T user considering they'll get 2-3 more updates max.
    This probably depends on the hardware?
    Software features, again I doubt these will come to the 3/3T, if even to the 5/5T, but would be welcome additions.
    Does the hardware support it? I don't know, so no comments.
    The 5 has it already, and for the 3/3T... you know the answer...
    I want to know more about these too^^

otto2, Cheetosdust and GopalB. like this.
  12. Yashshah_36
    Honeycomb Mar 6, 2018

Yashshah_36 , Mar 6, 2018 :
    So whatever may be decided will be for the future Oneplus devices and users of the current Oneplus devices will be left under the shadow as always.

G_plusone likes this.
  13. haimgreenberg
    Honeycomb Mar 6, 2018

haimgreenberg , Mar 6, 2018 :
    you said it right, but one question my friend, how u so sure about 5/5T camera Improvement ???
    one plus never said anything about it, for now it's looks like "it is what it is".

the_reckoner and G_plusone like this.
  14. smanand
    Gingerbread Mar 6, 2018

smanand , Mar 6, 2018 :
    this forum had been conducted to bring changes in OnePlus 5/5T or for the upcoming OnePlus 6/6T??

15. GopalB.
    Nougat Mar 6, 2018

GopalB. , Mar 6, 2018 :
    "as always"???
    Face unlock was introduced for Op5T and made its way till OP3...
    So how can you say "as always"!!!

Whatever is happening is for op6 for sure... But those won't come to older phones cannot be said as of now...

otto2 and idkwhoiam322 like this.
  16. GopalB.
    Nougat Mar 6, 2018

GopalB. , Mar 6, 2018 :
    It was just about what is right and what's wrong!!!
    It can be for future phones!!! (most probably)
    Of the present ones too!!! (who knows)

idkwhoiam322 likes this.
  17. DARTH 007
    KitKat Mar 6, 2018

DARTH 007 , Mar 6, 2018 :
    all the hype over.
    now what after this , is my question?
    no use holding meets.
    end user wants proof of these things happening in real time.
    I will note down this day when this thread has been created and I will wait with patience and see what new updates and when they come on the 5T, and how good will the op6 cam be compared to the 5T in terms of hardware and software.

let's follow this thread and give OnePlus cam team devs one more final chance to prove themselves to the end user in the camera department.

if this time also they screw up, then you all know that all this is a gimmick and an eyewash to fool the mass.

of course the OnePlus die hard fans will not agree to what I am writing.

18. DARTH 007
    KitKat Mar 6, 2018

DARTH 007 , Mar 6, 2018 :
    there is a nice online survey on the camera.
    request people to give honest feedback of what is required.choose the options wisely.

woSch likes this.
  19. xeon101
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 6, 2018

xeon101 , Mar 6, 2018 :
    it is a wise decision for opening legs..... behind the back wouldn't serve the purpose.... waiting for 6 and dp1 pistachio

G_plusone likes this.
  20. idkwhoiam322
    Nougat Mar 6, 2018

idkwhoiam322 , Mar 6, 2018 :
    Pistachio ain't a sweet! And OnePlus 6 will launch months before Android P.

otto2 likes this.