[Open] One Plus U1s 50-lagging a quite a lot.

1. Thirumal89
    Cupcake Jun 16, 2021

Thirumal89 , Jun 16, 2021 :
    Hi,

I just received a One Plus U1s 50 TV today, after setup I had updated the OS as well.

I have few questions to ask.

1st: It's logging quite a lot, like a low spec mobile phone, for a moment I kind of regret buying this TV.
    any options to check, speed up things.
    2nd: I cannot able connect my ethernet to the TV, I filled what it asked. Any solution for it?
    3rd: In the warranty card, where we have to stick the SN label. Where should I find it and how does it looks like.

Thanks.

Gavrav Dhongadi likes this.
  2. Yash Pratap Singh.
    Lollipop Jun 16, 2021

Venky61 likes this.
  3. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Jun 17, 2021

Venky61 , Jun 17, 2021 :
    Hey,
    Team's looking into this issue. When you face the lag, upload a bug report in Settings<More Settings<Bug Report
    and share your serial number through message to @Rick Y.

You don't need to enter/fill any details for Ethernet. All you do is connect the LAN cable and it should work. Which connection are you using?

You can check the side of the original Box.
    You can also check in the Bug Report Section of the TV, it will show your Serial Number.

Yash Pratap Singh. likes this.
  4. G1581488403220
    Cupcake Jun 17, 2021

G1581488403220 , via OnePlus 6T , Jun 17, 2021 :
    Hello Team,

I have bought the new one plus u1s 55 inch tv 3 days ago and I'm facing the below issues.
    1. Lag when I try to switch to a new video or any other applications
    2. In built Google assistant doesn't work until I press the Google assistant button on the remote
    3. Lag while casting something to the TV
    4. Sound lag

I have reset the TV as per the customer care instructions but still these issues persist.
    Im very disappointed with this as its a3 day old TV.

Anyone else facing these issues with this model ?

5. Akshayjain22
    Donut Jun 17, 2021

Akshayjain22 , Jun 17, 2021 :
    Hi,

I have bought the OnePlus U1S tv with so much excitement but to my disappointment the UI of the tv is lagging.
    Sometimes the whole UI just becomes unresponsive.

The onePlus oxygen play is a cool feature and we have an abundant of apps to watch stuffs but all these things doesn't matter if the UI is hanging.
    I sincerely trust and love the OnePlus brand and believe me it hurts more when other people watching same tv with you says wrong about the brand you love than the tv getting hanged or stuck.
    Please OnePlus request you to resolve the UI lagging or hanging issue. Would like to really show this tv of the OnePlus brand that I trust and love in a perfect working form to all those people.

Also the motion blur feels so obvious while watching movies and all. I guess that's because a bugdet tv that we are buying. Although would like to know if there is any work around for that.

Also if someone can suggest the best setting for the color to get best picture quality from the tv that would be a very great help to me. Would really love a suggestion on the settings part. Thank you

K1623922983529 likes this.
  6. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Jun 18, 2021

Venky61 , Jun 18, 2021 :
    Hey...
    Please follow the forum rules and search before creating new threads... Always post in an existing thread of same topic so that it is easy to get solutions quickly.
    Team's already looking into the lagging issue and hopefully they will push an update soon.

What do you mean by Motion Blur so obvious?
    For Picture quality, the OnePlus TVs have AI PQ in picture presets, it's generally a no-brainer. Try that.

7. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Jun 18, 2021

Venky61 , Jun 18, 2021 :
    Please check the above conversations

You mean the farfield mic doesn't activate unless you press GA button on the remote? Are you sure you did not turn off the mic slider?
    Check this guide once and see if you have kept the slider position right
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...for-the-oneplus-tv-u1s.1453714/#post-23332141

How much lag? And are your using broadband or mobile hotspot and their speed... Because Screencasting via chromecast is network dependent and performance is totally dependent on the bandwidth available.

From the internal speaker? Any particular App or always?

8. S1624035038760
    Cupcake Jun 19, 2021

S1624035038760 , Jun 19, 2021 :
    Hey,

Even I have been experiencing the similar issues. Have got the reset done which fixed the issue temporarily, however its back again. Requested Amazon for a replacement, since I started identifying screen bleeding at the edges.

In regards to lag, yes I have been experiencing it on Youtube, Netflix & Amazon Prime apps (playing from the inbuilt apps not screencasting in my case).

Your video plays and all of a sudden the video gets paused (screen freezes) however the Audio continuous. It would be like that for approximately 30 to 45 seconds. Nothing works, all that you need to do is hold down the 1+ icon on remote for 3 to 5 sec, restart the device (I am on Broadband 100Mbps plan).

Not sure what happened, all the Picture settings/ Sound settings have changed to default. I am the only one who uses the TV (so, there is practically no scope that someone might have changed these inadvertently).

No offence, I still have my 32" TV in my bedroom (purchased in 2019), and I feel that there is no big difference (in regards to performance) between old TV and this- even though we have a bigger RAM which should handle things smoothly.

Regards,
    Anil.Kandalam

9. P1605250224612
    Cupcake Jun 19, 2021

P1605250224612 , Jun 19, 2021 :
    U1s 55 inch model received 2 days back. Lot of issues related to laggy software/UI experience, lag in 4k video playing while changing volume, absent HDR colour punch on screen while playing prime video and hotstar Hdr content, frequent automatic disruption of wifi/airtel fiber connection, upscaling not at all effective, playing 4k Luca movie on hotstar did not gave any visible 4k feel remotely, etc. I am deeply disappointed as of now. Kindly send the OTA update as soon as possible. This is no way of treating loyal brand customers.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2021

Thirumal89 likes this.
  10. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Jun 19, 2021

Venky61 , Jun 19, 2021 :
    Hey,
    The team has said that they are working on fixing the lag issues and hopefully an update to resolve this will be pushed.

11. M1571593136084
    Cupcake Jun 20, 2021

M1571593136084 , via OnePlus 7T , Jun 20, 2021 :
    I have bought my TV bfor 2 days back (u1s 55 inch ) the system is up to date . But I feel so laggish performance in Apps . Utube is getting stuck inbetween . I don't have 5.1 speaker but i do have Samsung party speaker . Unfortunately there is no ARC feature in it . It is good wen connected to bluetooth via Speaker for Apps but not for hdmi . sound clarity isn't that good . Hdmi sound is like trash . What to do for quality sound . What sound settings should I keep or shall I go with optical cable via aux ? Bluetooth connectivity is poor .. automatically lose connection . Didn't expect this from OnePlus .

12. Yash Pratap Singh.
    Lollipop Jun 20, 2021

Yash Pratap Singh. , Jun 20, 2021 :
    Hey, the team is working on this issue as explained in similar other threads, we may get an update after the issue is fixed...

13. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Jun 20, 2021

Venky61 , Jun 20, 2021 :
    Hey,
    Please follow forum rules and search before creating new threads. Merged with already existing thread.
    As @Yash Pratap Singh. Said team is working for a hotfix to solve the lag.
    Sound wise If you don't have a HDMI ARC port, then you can try the optical to aux method. Won't be the best and loudest but might sound better than internal speakers. BT disconnection is not happened with any OnePlus TV users till now, it's the audio lag or crackling noise the issue with BT audio on OnePlus TVs. Not sure how the disconnections are faced by you.

14. S1624035038760
    Cupcake Jun 22, 2021

S1624035038760 , Jun 22, 2021 :
    Hey Venky,

Thank you for your response. I came to know that there was some issue with Screen and/or Display panel. Got to know that I would not be provided with a replacement unit, however considering customer satisfaction a full refund is going to be processed. Unfortunately, will definitely miss the One+ Community. My first one+ did not stay with me for a long time.

Thanks folks, hope you get the update soon and all the issues will be addressed.

Regards,
    Anil

Venky61 likes this.
  15. K1623922983529 , via OnePlus Community App , Jun 22, 2021 :
    Hello Team, my new tv is taking time to respond to remote. There is a delay in response from tv after pressing the remote buttons. It is sometimes going to hung state. Lag in everything. Prime/Netflix/YouTube take time to open. TV doesn't respond immediately to remote. Frequent wifi disconnects. Screen freeze sometimes. Tried to uninstall apps, cleared cache but no luck. No sync between voice and picture.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021

16. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Jun 23, 2021

Venky61 , Jun 23, 2021 :
    Hey...
    This is a user forum and team won't be responding. Merged your thread with existing one on same issue. You can go through the previous conversations.

17. K1623922983529 , via OnePlus Community App , Jun 23, 2021 :
    Hey Venky, thanks for your response. Hope you will find the fix soon.

18. H1583752898225
    Cupcake Jun 25, 2021

H1583752898225 , Jun 25, 2021 :
    Mine is 55inch U1S.. pretty slow response for any button pressed from remote. This TV seems to have messed up OS.. have already updated software to latest version... requesting support team to find the issues quickly and push a fix plz. it is irritating to press volume up button on remote and TV increases volume after 5 seconds.

19. Dinesh_Chandrasekaran_ , via OnePlus 6T , Jun 25, 2021 :
    The remote control response sometimes crashes and basically the response is so low that only after we press a button it takes upto 5 to 8 seconds to react and I hope you resolve it in the further updates and that's the only issue in this brand new OnePlus U1S tv.

20. Yash Pratap Singh.
    Lollipop Jun 25, 2021