[Open] Unable to connect ONEPLUS TV for Android TV application debugging using ADB

1. mrarpitsharma
    Cupcake May 9, 2020

mrarpitsharma , May 9, 2020 :
    Hi,

I am android developer and recently developed Android TV app which was successfully tested on TV Emulator. Then I wanted to debug it on my OnePlus TV as application was failing to start on TV, but I am unable to connect it with my laptop. adb devices command shows no device while I connected My TV USB-C port (on the top side of TV) to my laptop with my OnePlus 5 Mobile USB cable.

Preconditions:-
    Developer Tools: Enabled
    USB Debugging: Enabled
    USB Connection: MTP/Charging/PTP (Tried)

Any Suggestions?
    WIFI ADB debugging is also disabled for OnePlus TV

Thanks in advance for suggestions.

I1579671811380 and Venky61 like this.
  2. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert May 10, 2020

Venky61 , May 10, 2020 :
    Hi,
    Great to hear that you have developed an App. Development of 3rd party Apps for the TV is much needed.
    And yes I also faced this situation when I tried to run a command for accessing overlay setting, was unable to connect the TV to Laptop via Type C or WiFi ADB.
    @Catherine W. could you please forward it to the team and provide a solution.

Catherine W. likes this.
  3. SoniaB
    Head Moderator; Community Hero 2020 Head Moderator May 10, 2020

Venky61 likes this.
  4. Rick Y.
    OnePlus TV Software Engineer Staff Member Jun 6, 2020

Rick Y. , Jun 6, 2020 :
    You can try to connect to your OnePlus TV via ADB with a USB cable connection.
    Use male-to-male USB cable, connect one end to the computer and the other end to the USB2.0 port of the TV (the port near the tuner).

Catherine W. likes this.