3. Nbalugas
    Gingerbread May 2, 2021 at 12:13 AM

4. Z1615025063473
    Donut May 2, 2021 at 1:35 AM

Teo Ruja likes this.
  5. iresh.jain
    Cupcake May 2, 2021 at 3:42 AM

iresh.jain , via OnePlus 7 , May 2, 2021 at 3:42 AM :
    Villian. They've somehow managed to screw up oxygen is as well.

OS 11 is ugly, with too many changes to ui vs stock android.

The update also destroyed my haptic motor on the one plus 7..

Teo Ruja and djorghios like this.
  6. T1608175223548
    Cupcake May 2, 2021 at 3:53 AM

7. Jai.djc
    Cupcake May 2, 2021 at 7:51 AM

8. X1562076576885
    Donut May 2, 2021 at 8:24 AM

X1562076576885 , May 2, 2021 at 8:24 AM :
    i think my current oneplus7 will be the last oneplus I'll ever purchase.
    I realize after after many updates, the performance become slower which I expect it's similar to other company's "make the phone slower" strategy.

I planned to switch back to samsung's S-pen (the heavy price are offset by the convenience) unless there are more unique phone in the market.

djorghios likes this.
  9. Eazy410
    Froyo May 2, 2021 at 9:14 AM

10. abhilashbiswal
    Cupcake May 2, 2021 at 9:50 AM

11. Gabe_M
    Froyo May 2, 2021 at 2:07 PM

Gabe_M , via OnePlus 9 Pro , May 2, 2021 at 2:07 PM :
    I think oneplus is doing a superb job to stay relevant in the market, simply, growth = change. The "flagship killer strategy" should not last forever. How is a company going to keep offering the best in tech improvement and design, etc. if it's constantly trying to make budget phones? The current prices are on par with the value of the phone. OP is still a hero in my book.

I'll ended with a quote from Matshona Dhilwayo:
    To be a champion, compete; to be a great champion, compete with the best; but to be the greatest champion, compete with yourself.

angch likes this.
  12. PradeepPlus
    Honeycomb May 2, 2021 at 2:50 PM

djorghios likes this.
  13. F_Pavan_Pavan_Pavan_JTOF
    Cupcake May 2, 2021 at 5:31 PM

14. ram97prasath
    Donut May 2, 2021 at 5:48 PM

djorghios likes this.
  15. danydm85
    Gingerbread May 2, 2021 at 6:20 PM

djorghios likes this.
  16. vikarshaikh18
    Honeycomb May 2, 2021 at 7:38 PM

djorghios and Praveen_Ganesh like this.
  17. Vinay Raghvani
    Gingerbread May 2, 2021 at 8:53 PM

18. S1619149130436
    Cupcake May 2, 2021 at 8:55 PM

19. Sys_32
    Donut May 2, 2021 at 9:25 PM

Sys_32 , via OnePlus 8 Glacial Green , May 2, 2021 at 9:25 PM :
    Hero, most definitely, but not the company itself, kinda. I do have some kind of point, I think.

I personally do not know the motivation behind leadership of OnePlus, I don't think anyone does, whether it's money or free Redbull. That's not my business to know, as motivation is a person's private property like their name. (If it is free Redbull, gimme a call, I want in.)

All anyone cares about in the end is money, we do all try to deny it though. That green piece of paper (pick your color) makes the world go around because that's how us slightly evolved sacks of bacteria decided it to be for thousands of years and thousands more to come. Starfleet is looking pretty good though, but it's not that realistic as long as there is perceived value.

*A little over 400 years ago, you could buy several states with a few freshly printed dollars and get a good rail system to go with it. Today, the same number of dollars will get you a cheap Motorola on some prepaid carrier in a gas station by Burger King. But, the value, that's something else because not everyone can get a state (I want Hawaii.)

The value of that amount today would be in the trillions, due to rarity and lack of expansion. Rarity, because there is only so much land that people want to sell and lack of expansion because there is only so much land.

Value also comes down to who wants what. If I want a yacht, how much is the other person gonna want to replace the yacht? Obviously, no one wants to give up a yacht, because it's super cool and boats are seen as luxury, so the person is gonna make the price as high as possible to replace the original cost to obtain said yacht.

The same goes for smartphones. The more people who want better cameras, the more Samsung is gonna demand from other companies to use their tech to replace the labor and original cost of making said tech.

It's an endless cycle of everything increased in value because people want more of it and companies have to spend more to add more or make more.

If everything was free, there would be no better, faster, stronger, in my opinion. Competition is a good thing. OnePlus is on the right track, they just need to know what market they wanna tailor to: bringing the high end to the low end. If that's still the mission, keep going. If it's not, good luck.

I'm sticking with OnePlus due to the budget friendly aspect and the fact that they are more human than most other companies. They're sorta like theChive, but with less alcohol involved and charity isn't a drinking game (unless it is, then really, give me a call.)

TLDR; I like OnePlus. They be doing good. Yachts, Star Trek, and the Louisiana Purchase are related somehow (I'm not a historian or good at math.) OnePlus set the standard for budget devices.

*Note: I joke, don't get offended by inaccurate historical details.

20. hthan2009
    Froyo May 2, 2021 at 11:18 PM

Teo Ruja and djorghios like this.