Opinion & Poll - Did competitors or Their Agents Start Posting Here?

?

Are competitors infiltrating the forums?

1. Yes

55.9%
  2. No

44.1%
  1. jmazzamj
    Jelly Bean Apr 27, 2014

jmazzamj , Apr 27, 2014 :
    I remember reading you were leaving the forums...

zmanc7 likes this.
  2. Maier Leo
    Gingerbread Apr 27, 2014

jmazzamj and spliffNwessun like this.
  3. utinkasakka
    Donut Apr 27, 2014

utinkasakka , Apr 27, 2014 :
    Do
    You think they dont?

4. keventhepope
    Cupcake Apr 27, 2014

keventhepope , Apr 27, 2014 :
    Have you read anything that has changed your mind? I haven't. Well written or not, most of the people in these forums are tech enthusiasts accustomed to the back and forth banter on products. I agree, money and specs speak volumes. The product is built with top of the line parts and well know software. Let them come and quibble. There are plenty here that will defend a new path for accessing top tier mobile.

5. jmazzamj
    Jelly Bean Apr 27, 2014

jmazzamj , Apr 27, 2014 :
    They probably know OPO exists, but are they concerned? Not at all.

6. pixelbat
    Gingerbread Apr 27, 2014

pixelbat , Apr 27, 2014 :
    Pretty sure Samsung, Sony, HTC, Apple, Google, etc couldn't give 2 shits what this company is doing. Until we see a real product in the hands of customers, it's all smoke and mirrors. Even once the product is released, we're still talking about a very tiny tiny tiny marketshare. OP is a subsidiary of OPPO, and even OPPO is a small marketshare on the grand scheme of things that is the mobile phone market. Razor thin profit margin just means they have to cut corners somewhere. Well if they aren't cutting the corners on the hardware, where are they cutting them? Support? Warranty? Expanding operations? Development of future product?

Google can afford to sell the Nexus products at a loss because they make it up in virtual Play store sales. Amazon figured this out too. Get people the hardware for as cheap as godly possible, and then reap the benefit of them buying from your ecosystem. Well OP has no ecosystem. What is the long term goal for this company? To make ridiculously cheap phones and make no money to expand operations?

PandaSPUR likes this.
  7. Jakub Smolar
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 27, 2014

Jakub Smolar , Apr 27, 2014 :
    I don't think anyone is scared atm. Samsung Galaxy S5 has the highest sells ever, so why should Samsung be scared of a company that is not yet (and not in any near future) able to supply 25'000 people internationally with a phone? Apple had the highest profits last year since ever... Lol, the phone is cheap, that is the only thing where it is better. As for the rest, it might be the best phone of the world, as long as noone can buy it it's just a bunch of pictures and phrases on the world wide web, which is worth nothing but a hype (smoke and mirrors), which is a very unstable currency.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2017

8. jpswer
    Jelly Bean Apr 27, 2014

jpswer , Apr 27, 2014 :
    No I think it would be a bit extreme to think that ;) I think that once the phone is out and if it starts really shaking things up like I hope they will have to do more than stag them off on these forums :)

9. Edu
    Honeycomb Apr 27, 2014

10. Jakub Smolar

Jakub Smolar , Apr 27, 2014 :
    Ah I forgot to say, as long as 1+ is unable to tell us anything, alienates their future customers by stupid mindgames and an inability to comunicate, they don't need any other company doing bad advertisement for them and posting angry threads here.
    As long as 1+ keeps on ignoring their international customers and focuses on China only (no invite there! I still don't get that!), I think their international customers will continue to create angry threads and posts by themselves... just my 2 cent

11. oilyrag
    Froyo Apr 27, 2014

12. harty06

harty06 , Apr 27, 2014 :
    Is it not more the case that you are worried your beloved One+ is getting alot of bad press here and all over the web and your only way to counter that is to call shill?

13. laughingmonsta

laughingmonsta , Apr 27, 2014 :
    I said this a few days ago - I certainly feel like some of the people on here are from rival companies.

14. Maier Leo
    Gingerbread Apr 27, 2014

Maier Leo , Apr 27, 2014 :
    lol.

15. spliffNwessun
    Gingerbread Apr 27, 2014

spliffNwessun , Apr 27, 2014 :
    I don't. I think those people you are thinking of simply have a mind of their own, and can think critically and analytically. They are not sucked into this "cult" of praising OP for everything they do, all in the hopes of getting an invitation. This device looks great dont get me wrong, and I hope I can get my hands on one to at least try it. But lets face it, this phone and company has a lot of downfalls, and a lot of concerns that should not be overlooked. These people are simply voicing their opinions which is absolutely great. They are asking questions which is what consumers should do. They are thinking critically which is what all consumers should do whenever they purchase anything. These are true consumers. Smart consumers. Anyone on here who praises OP and thinks this company and phone is absolutely perfect and does not fall short anywhere is simply delusional. They are no different than the iSheep or Samsung fanboys who will always purchase their brand even if it doesn't make sense.

I've owned many phones from many OEMs. But I will never buy a phone just because Im being loyal to a company. If they make a product that does not work for me, I wont buy it.

16. OZKny
    Gingerbread Apr 27, 2014

OZKny , Apr 27, 2014 :
    Sure, so when I go on the street and ask 10 people what the OnePlus One is they won't look at me as if I'm losing my mind right? Come on people. I love this phone, but lets be realistic. You ask most people what sort of phone they want and most will tell you either an iPhone or a Galaxy phone. Maybe a handful will tell you of a few other phones (HTC, Nokia, LG).

There's a reason why these guys aren't worried and its brand recognition. OnePlus has a long way towards building up that sort of brand recognition. Heck even something like the N4/N5, which is a well known phone in the tech community, is barely recognized by most people on the street. And its not as if the Nexus line is a brand new line of phones, its 5 generations old.

17. Ant0G10
    Gingerbread Apr 27, 2014

Ant0G10 , Apr 27, 2014 :
    As if we would settle for a phone which is easy to get.

18. forgotten

forgotten , Apr 27, 2014 :
    i ve got some fun boys frustrated by me topics and some asking me to get away :) some even told me to learn to write english and when i told them i am not native speaking this language i got no reply disrespectful people are on the forums that are blind to even logical examples

spliffNwessun likes this.
  19. Ant0G10
    Gingerbread Apr 27, 2014

Ant0G10 , Apr 27, 2014 :
    As if fantastizillions of people had already bought the OnePlus One.
    Get real.

20. Ant0G10
    Gingerbread Apr 27, 2014

Ant0G10 , Apr 27, 2014 :
    Don't 'lol' them down, we could make a living by producing tiny tinfoil hats for everyone and selling them through an invite system.