Opinions on Olixar tempered glass screen protectors for curved screens please.

1. Gillysixpence
    Gingerbread Apr 28, 2020

Gillysixpence , Apr 28, 2020 :
    Hi I'm still on the hunt for a good tempered glass (preferably) screen protector for our new OP8 phones. I've watched a bunch of videos on installing the Olixar ones and they look really good but I would like to know if anyone has actually used these on a curved screen and if so what is your honest opinion. I need to protect the screen but if they're all much of a muchness I don't want to spend £13 on one if they're no better than the £4-£8 ones you can get. If they're not I'd be just as well to get cheaper ones and put a fresh one on every so often.
    Thanks so much everyone.

2. JeremyGriffiths , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Apr 28, 2020 :
    I have had their tempered glass curved on my OP7 Pro for a year and it's amazing. Scratch resistant and barely noticeable. I've even taken it into the shower a few times for music. Phone now passed to my best friend 2 weeks ago and still going strong. He liked it so much he didn't want to remove. I went through several others before this on my OP7 Pro and they were all awful for various reasons.

I have loved it so much I pre-ordered the OP8 Pro protector this week. Best screen protector I've ever had.

Gillysixpence likes this.
  3. Stefaan
    Gingerbread Apr 28, 2020

4. Gillysixpence
    Gingerbread Apr 28, 2020

Gillysixpence , via OnePlus 8 , Apr 28, 2020 :
    Thank you so much, that's good to hear. I'll give them a go then. Much appreciated.

JeremyGriffiths likes this.

Stefaan and Gillysixpence like this.
  6. Gillysixpence
    Gingerbread Apr 28, 2020

Stefaan likes this.
  7. Funk Wizard
    Lollipop Moderator Apr 28, 2020

9. Swejuggalo
    Lollipop May 2, 2020

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro , May 2, 2020 :
    I've ordered one but haven't recived that nor the phone yet 😋
    I've also ordered Mocolo (uv glued)... But I really don't like the idea of using glue. And I'm really picky about microscopic particles and such. Possible accessive glue on the sides would bother me even if tried to wipe it away... Smal parts may be left and visible after hardening. Wonder how easy it will be to clean and remove accessive glue traces afterwards.

10. Stefaan , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , May 2, 2020 :
    keep me updated!

The glue I'd also hate I think

11. Aays
    Eclair May 2, 2020

Aays , May 2, 2020 :
    I'll follow this one as well ^^ Bought the Panzerglas tempered glass protector and it's crap! They say you have 100% touch sensitivity but you don't, the under screen fingerprint sensor dosn't work like it should with it on and it says that it's "Case friendly" but as soon as I put the OP case that comes with the phone on the phone becomes almost useless!

13. Swejuggalo
    Lollipop May 8, 2020

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro , May 8, 2020 :
    The store I bought Panzerglas from recalled it due to Panzerglas reached out to them and saying Oneplus made adjustments to the messurements of the orginal cases after having sent out the drawing. They are creating new glasses based on the new drawing now.

14. Aays , via OnePlus 8 Pro Onyx Black , May 8, 2020 :
    yeah I got the same response, I bought my on Inet.se and they paid me my money back. Now I don't know if I should order another one when the new ones come out or find another one..

15. Swejuggalo
    Lollipop May 8, 2020

Ah...from the same store even [e]1f609[/e]

17. Swejuggalo
    Lollipop May 8, 2020

Already done. If lucky it works. If not I just wasted too much money [e]1f609[/e]

18. Aays , via OnePlus 8 Pro Onyx Black , May 8, 2020 :
    I don't realy know what to do.. it does seem to work better with other cases so maybe give it a shot ^^

19. Swejuggalo
    Lollipop May 8, 2020

My experiances with such protection is bad. But I hope I can be wrong eventually [e]1f609[/e]
    3 incomming protections. Hope one works. Mocolo is my last attempt though if the other 2 fail. Atleast all the delays and deliveries is in sync with the delay of the phone too 😋

20. Aays , via OnePlus 8 Pro Onyx Black , May 8, 2020 :
    Where did you order the phone? I saw that one too (the UV glue one) but what if it breaks? Wouldn't all the pieces be glued to the screen? 😅 I bought a Panzerglass one for my S7 edge back in the day but it was a catastrophy... almost no touch function and it fell off after about two hours...