Opinions on Olixar tempered glass screen protectors for curved screens please.

Gillysixpence and Swejuggalo like this.
  2. Swejuggalo
    Lollipop May 12, 2020

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro , May 12, 2020 :
    Great. Got my Mocolo but not a phone. No date on the Olixar.

JeremyGriffiths likes this.
  3. Swejuggalo
    Lollipop May 12, 2020

I ordered the phone from my carrier, Telenor.
    I have a yearly renewal plan. So I send in the old one after having payed of 50% of phone value and then start paying on the new instead.

4. Aays
    Eclair May 12, 2020

Aays , via OnePlus 8 Pro Onyx Black , May 12, 2020 :
    Great! Does it have any problems with cases? I don't want to have to choose between a screen protector and a case like I had to with the Panzerglass😅

5. Aays
    Eclair May 12, 2020

Oh that's nice. I usually change phones every two years så I can buy them where ever I want [e]1f601[/e] I hope you'll get your phone soon it realy is great!

6. JeremyGriffiths , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 12, 2020 :
    I have the official Kevlar case on with no issues. I have a sandstone one here as well I can try? Don't see any issues though.

7. Aays
    Eclair May 12, 2020

Nice! I'll order the Olixar one then. They have a package deal where you get the screen protector and a nice case for around 25€ but it will take around 2 weeks to deliver.

Swejuggalo and JeremyGriffiths like this.
  8. Swejuggalo
    Lollipop May 12, 2020

It starts too itch in my fingers every year... And since the offer exists... Impossible to resist 😋

Problem is the extra costs of buying them so I can keep them. And the other problem is what I really want... 2x 8 Pro... One for open beta and one for closed beta 🤪 But the insanity must stop at some level... So I do my best to restrain myself.

9. Swejuggalo
    Lollipop May 12, 2020

Same as me then. Have that incomming too. But I'll probably use dBrand Grip though.

10. Aays
    Eclair May 12, 2020

Yeah the dBrand ones look good but don't seem to give that much protection.. seems more like it' for looks and maybe scratch resistance

11. Swejuggalo
    Lollipop May 12, 2020

Yeah I'd never use a dBrand skin (I'd probably be slightly better off with a condom on the phone since it could protect the front some and with a built-in impact dampener [e]1f61c[/e])... But a dBrand Grip on the other hand is a case with customizable backside. Best of both worlds.
    1589275613961.jpg

12. Aays
    Eclair May 12, 2020

Oh nice! I thought they only made skins 😅

13. Gillysixpence
    Gingerbread May 23, 2020

14. SunnyOP8PRO
    Cupcake May 28, 2020

SunnyOP8PRO , May 28, 2020 :
    i have tried two of the olixar screen protectors now, first my screen was completely un responsive. Second not so bad but after re positioning a little better. The screen protector is a little small on the edges which is what causes the screen to be un responsive in some places. Still on the hunt for an alternative!

15. Gillysixpence
    Gingerbread Jun 2, 2020

Gillysixpence , Jun 2, 2020 :
    Yes I've decided to skip those as they are edge only glue and I'm now on the hunt for some full glue ones. Currently using Qitayo ones which fit well and feel lovely but aren't as responsive as I'd like them to be. Waiting on Rhinoshield to get back to me on theirs, which are full glue but I can't currently see any for the OP8.

16. Aays , via OnePlus 8 Pro Onyx Black , Jun 2, 2020 :
    I just recieved my Olixar screen protector and it's a lot better than the Panzer glass one and costs only half. Still waiting on my dBrand grip but it works pretty well with the case I bought (it looks like one of olixars cases but I ordered it from some janky website and it dosn't say "olixar" anywhere on the case). I will definitly keep an eye on the rhinoshield protector but this is pretty good.

Gillysixpence likes this.
  17. Gillysixpence
    Gingerbread Jun 2, 2020

Gillysixpence , via OnePlus 8 , Jun 2, 2020 :
    No issues with lack of response then, especially on the fingerprint reader? Thanks for updating, I'll do the same when I hear back from Rhinoshield.

18. Aays , via OnePlus 8 Pro Onyx Black , Jun 2, 2020 :
    Just a little bit in some places, not that big of a deal but it seems to get better and better with time. The fingerprint reader works flawlessly, it's as fast as without the protector. It almost didn't work at all with the other one I had so even if it takes half a second longer than without the protector it's not that noticeable, and I'll rather wait that half second for the phone to unlock but have it protected ^^ If I don't get any issues with it, wich I think I wont have, I'm not gonna change it to anything else.

Gillysixpence likes this.
  19. Gillysixpence
    Gingerbread Jun 2, 2020

Gillysixpence , via OnePlus 8 , Jun 2, 2020 :
    Thanks so much for that info. They do sound good then. Think I'll watch a few more reviews on both before buying any more cos this one is pretty sweet & hopefully the fingerprint part will improve as I use it. I'll update on this thread if I get another down the line. Enjoy your new phone!